Recipe Ideas for Thanksgiving

With the biggest food holiday coming right around the corner, I wanted to highlight some great recipes from my blog that would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving spread.

Appetizers:

Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pie Crust
White Chocolate and Cranberry Cupcakes
Maple Walnut Cranberry Cupcakes
White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

8 Responses to “Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce”

dinner — November 13, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all important infos.
    I’d like to see extra posts like this .

Karen - Cinnamon Freud — November 16, 2013 at 12:52 am

This cranberry sauce sounds great! I love, love, love cranberry sauce (so much I make it all November and December as a side for dinner). Definitely may be giving this one a try soon

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who eats cranberry sauce on days that aren’t holidays!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm

This cranberry sauce sounds so perfect 🙂 I love it!

Teresa — November 21, 2013 at 11:45 pm

This looks lovely! When you say to add everything except the sugar are you referring to the white sugar only? So the brown sugar would still go in with the port, balsamic, figs, herbs, etc.? Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

Sorry about the confusion. I updated the recipe. Yes, add the brown sugar, but not the white sugar.

Cathy — December 4, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hello, made this cranberry sauce and it was great. Loved the flavors in it. We also made traditional cranberry sauce (with OJ) so I do have both kinds leftover. Can’t wait to bake with both of them in some muffins. Thanks

• beantownbaker — December 4th, 2013 @ 11:53 am

Glad you enjoyed it. I have some leftover too. I think I’m going to make some bars out of the leftovers…