10 years later…

10 years ago I started this little blog. 10 years. I never would have even imagined this little website would have survived one year, let alone ten.

Obviously, I haven’t been active on here in the past couple of years, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate this blog, my readers, and the food. Obviously, the food. I grew SO MUCH in the kitchen thanks to this blog. We come back here regularly to reuse old recipes and get inspiration for new ones.

If you still follow me on instagram, you’ll notice I’m not posting food pics much more. I’ve moved on to spending my free time with Hubby and Mikayla. And, I’ve started sewing for her. It’s actually very similar to baking for me.

But this blog will always be my first baby. I may not be adding new content going forward, but I love everything about this little corner of the internet that I can call my own.

Thanks for reading!

19 Responses to “Week of Kitchen Renovations: Spice Rack”

Jennifer — January 7, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I LOVE those spice jars! And the storage for it. I wonder if we could do something like that in our kitchen….

Julie Q — January 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Before I read the sprinkles comment, I was uber eager to find out what spices you were rocking over the sink! Great idea 🙂

Jeanette — January 7, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Love the idea! What a great use of the space. Thank you for sharing.

Cathy — January 7, 2010 at 2:57 pm

your spices were the first thing I noticed when you started showing pics. I love it! I sort mine in alphabetical order, so it’s a little easier for me to find them.

Jen — January 7, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I wanted to alphabetize, but Hubby isn’t the most organized person so I’m not sure how long they would stay organized since he does most of the cooking in the house.

carrie1 — January 7, 2010 at 3:06 pm

What a great idea! Yesterday when I was looking at the pictures I thought it was tile. (thats the blonde in me) =)

Laura — January 7, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I love it! That is such a neat idea.

Ingrid — January 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I LOVE it! I’m intending to “revamp” my kitchen this spring and add a back splash but wasn’t certain what other changes I might want to add. I’m going to show this to my honey and keep this in mind. Thanks!

Oh, and Happy New Year!
    ~ingrid

~ Kristie — January 7, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Your renovation posts have me dreaming of updating our kitchen. I absolutely LOVE the backsplash and shelf!

Sheltie Girl — January 7, 2010 at 4:23 pm

This is a fabulous idea. I love how you color coordinated the different spices across the shelf. It’s very practical and gives your kitchen a very stylish presentation.

Natalie @ gluten a go go

Katie — January 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I love that idea! I looks so great with all of the different colors of the spices and sprinkles. And talk about handy, they are so easy to reach!

mamakrystal — January 7, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Love your kitchen posts…the spice & sprinkles jars are what stands out to me..aside from the backsplash. You have such a cutesy kitchen!!!

nutmegnanny — January 7, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Oh my! I love love love love it!!! I just sent and IM to my boyfriend that said “I want to do this in our kitchen”…haha.

Megan — January 7, 2010 at 6:08 pm

That is a gorgeous display of spices… I would love to do something like that!

lifeandkitchen — January 7, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I love that idea! The spices add such good color to your kitchen (and extra space, i would guess!).

Michelle Rago — January 7, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Thank you ahead of time for building this in my kitchen when I get my own place.

Amanda — January 9, 2010 at 3:36 am

From all your renovation posts…the spice jars are my favorite. I can’t believe there are 60! I wish I could figure out some place to do that!

kermiefrg — January 25, 2010 at 1:58 am

I love your spice display! It must be so convenient to have everything right there whenever you need it. AND it looks fabulous in the room!

SpiceRack — April 18, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Spice Rack
    I’m amazed on the way you created your own spice rack. It really complements your kitchen design, much more it helps in organizing various spices.