Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is such a classic Thanksgiving dish. I almost feel silly posting this recipe, since it just came from the Ocean Spray website, but since we love it so much, I decided it was blog-worthy. This is the only recipe I make and it always gets rave reviews. And it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for eating cranberry sauce from a can.

You’ll notice that I took down all the pinkness from my blog today. I’ve also got some fall favorites on my side bar and brought back my header from August, so be sure to stop by if you’re reading through a reader to check it out!

Two Years Ago: Halloween M&M Pretzel Treats
Three Years Ago: Deviled Eggs

Print Save

Cranberry Sauce

Yield: ~2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

Recipe from Ocean Spray

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

10 Responses to “Strawberry Rhubarb Bars”

Ingrid — August 6, 2009 at 7:36 pm

I’ve been anxious to try rhubarb but after many trips to the grocery store missed the season. (it sold out-FAST!) Did you use fresh or frozen rhubarb? I just saw the frozen kind and have been thinking about giving it a try.
    ~ingrid

Jen — August 6, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Ingrid – I made this when I was home in the Midwest back in June. It seems easier to find out there than in the East Coast where I live. We use fresh and I’ve never used frozen although my dad does freeze his for the rhubarb rolls I made a few weeks ago too. I should have grabbed a ton and froze it myself…

bewa3u1 — August 6, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I made these for a 4th of July party. we ran out of fresh and had to use frozen rhubarb, which tasted fine, we couldnt tell the difference (but we also had the fresh mixed in). Although I would suggest cutting the frozen pieces up a bit more- they came out of the bag huge! ~Jen’s older-younger sister

Jen — August 6, 2009 at 9:15 pm

thanks little sis! Were they store bought or did Dad freeze them from fresh?

Katie — August 7, 2009 at 2:42 am

No kidding – those look like the best dessert ever!! I’m starring and making for sure!

Sara @ Our Best Bites — August 7, 2009 at 5:07 am

Ya know what- I’ve never made anything with rhubarb! But those sure look yummy so I might have to try it 🙂

Colleen — August 7, 2009 at 5:42 pm

These look delicious!

nutmegnanny — August 7, 2009 at 9:28 pm

I love rhubarb, what a great new way to use it;)

madebymel — August 9, 2009 at 12:44 am

I really need to try rhubarb. I am afraid I won’t like it, but this looks like a great recipe!

Ingrid — August 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Thank for the info Jen! I just may go ahead and give frozen a try otherwise its wait a year.
    ~ingrid