Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is such a classic Thanksgiving dish. I almost feel silly posting this recipe, since it just came from the Ocean Spray website, but since we love it so much, I decided it was blog-worthy. This is the only recipe I make and it always gets rave reviews. And it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for eating cranberry sauce from a can.

You’ll notice that I took down all the pinkness from my blog today. I’ve also got some fall favorites on my side bar and brought back my header from August, so be sure to stop by if you’re reading through a reader to check it out!

Two Years Ago: Halloween M&M Pretzel Treats
Three Years Ago: Deviled Eggs

Print Save

Cranberry Sauce

Yield: ~2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

Recipe from Ocean Spray

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

9 Responses to “Banana Cinnamon Chip Blondies”

Tasha Lehman — November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Oooohhh, I just found a treat to make today! Thanks!!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

This looks SO easy that I could even make them! I love the flavor combo of banana and cinnamon so I think I would love these!

Melissa — November 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love new recipes to use up my squishy bananas! Thanks!

We Are Not Martha — November 9, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Perfect idea!! I love the combination of banana and cinnamon and I’m already up for a blondie! Delicious 😉

Sues

Sherry G — November 9, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I have been dying to try cinnamon chips and I have searched high and low for them. I can’t find them anywhere in Western PA!! It’s such a tragedy=( However, these look so tasty!

Anonymous — November 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I used cinnamon chips as well as white chocolate chips in your pumpkin bars…they came out delish..i’ll have to try these as well!

theblogisthenewblack — November 9, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I love banana and cinammon, so I imagine I would love this.

Ada N. Ortiz — November 10, 2010 at 5:10 am

These look awesome! Will have to try them 🙂

Samantha — November 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Ooooh I’ve been looking for a recipe that includes cinnamon chips, as I found them at the store for the first time the other day and had to pick them up. I love this because it involves banana as well! Thank you so much for the recipe!

– Sam