Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is such a classic Thanksgiving dish. I almost feel silly posting this recipe, since it just came from the Ocean Spray website, but since we love it so much, I decided it was blog-worthy. This is the only recipe I make and it always gets rave reviews. And it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for eating cranberry sauce from a can.

You’ll notice that I took down all the pinkness from my blog today. I’ve also got some fall favorites on my side bar and brought back my header from August, so be sure to stop by if you’re reading through a reader to check it out!

Two Years Ago: Halloween M&M Pretzel Treats
Three Years Ago: Deviled Eggs

Print Save

Cranberry Sauce

Yield: ~2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

Recipe from Ocean Spray

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

8 Responses to “Strawberry Hand Pies”

Sherry G — June 30, 2010 at 11:34 am

I’ve had fruit hand pies on my to-bake list as well. I haven’t spotted a strawberry version until now, and these look very tasty! 9 1/2 cups of flour for the dough? Wow!

Jen — June 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Sherry – Alton Brown gives all his recipes in ounces. So as the recipe states, it’s 9 1/2 ounces of flour, which is about 2 cups.

mamakrystal — June 30, 2010 at 3:21 pm

These look fantastic!! I love your theme weeks!

nutmegnanny — June 30, 2010 at 5:38 pm

These look great! I have yet to make homemade hand pies but I know I was always a fan of the Hostess ones. Hahaha not that same I’m sure 🙂

Memória — June 30, 2010 at 7:00 pm

I must make this! perfect breakfast treat. Lovely hand pies. YUM!

jlb521 — July 8, 2010 at 8:46 pm

These look great! I am making them this weekend, I cannot wait!! Whenever I am looking to bake something new, I ALWAYS check your blog and I ALWAYS find something spectacular to make!! Thank you for having such a wonderful blog, and thanks for sharing them!!
    Jen

yumventures — July 9, 2010 at 11:54 am

these look so delicious! I love how easy (and delicious) they are to eat!

Christy Kindness — October 11, 2017 at 12:40 pm

what kind of blueberries did you use wild or regular?