Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is such a classic Thanksgiving dish. I almost feel silly posting this recipe, since it just came from the Ocean Spray website, but since we love it so much, I decided it was blog-worthy. This is the only recipe I make and it always gets rave reviews. And it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for eating cranberry sauce from a can.

You’ll notice that I took down all the pinkness from my blog today. I’ve also got some fall favorites on my side bar and brought back my header from August, so be sure to stop by if you’re reading through a reader to check it out!

Two Years Ago: Halloween M&M Pretzel Treats
Three Years Ago: Deviled Eggs

Print Save

Cranberry Sauce

Yield: ~2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained

Directions:

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

Recipe from Ocean Spray

Boston area readers, don’t forget that I’m selling pies for Pie In the Sky. The cost of your pie will feed someone in need for an entire week! Please consider buying a pie for a good cause.

12 Responses to “Spiced Caramel Apple Pie”

amanda @ fake ginger — October 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I think I use my apple corer once a month but the time it saves me is so worth storing it!

The pie looks beyond delicious. I haven’t been feeling apple desserts this year but this is one I could get into.

Sarah — October 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I am making Thanksgiving dinner for the first time this year and I think this pie is definitely going to make it to my table!

Jen — October 15, 2010 at 3:59 pm

This pie would def be great for Thanksgiving dinner Sarah!

Cara! — October 15, 2010 at 4:00 pm

This pie looks incredible! My husband loves apple pie and I am planning on making this for him!

Boston Food Diary — October 15, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Um seriously-this looks ridiculous! I always think that my moms apple pie is the best but…

Megan — October 15, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I’m not a huge fan of apple pie (I make it for a certain someone I live with), but an apple pie with a crisp-like topping and spiced filling is one I could definitely get behind.

And I seriously want one of theose peeler/corer/slicer things. Every year I go to Freeport and inevitably someone in LL Bean is demo-ing one.

Alisa — October 16, 2010 at 9:44 am

Now that’s a delicious apple pie!I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won’t mind I’d love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it’s all set, Thanks!

newlywed — October 16, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Looks delcious! I love my apple peeler/corer/slicer machine. I use it for crisps, apple cakes, applesauce, etc. My husband packs my lunch too…it is nice to be spoiled!

becksterslaboratory — October 17, 2010 at 12:35 am

We LOVE apple desserts in our house…I’ve bookmarked this delicious looking pie and will try it soon! : )

tobiascooks! — October 17, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Beautiful treat. Look so yummy.

nutmegnanny — October 21, 2010 at 2:36 am

Ok it’s been decided….I’m making this for Thanksgiving! Amazing!!!

Eliana — October 21, 2010 at 8:25 pm

What an awesome twist on apple pie! It looks stellar Jen. Bravo!