Pumpkin Pie Dip

I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. I absolutely love fall food. All the apples, pumpkin, and cranberries. And, this was an opportunity to use my Little Dipper. I love using it because it’s so cute 🙂 We were having friends over to watch some college football and just hang out. This was a great addition to our menu. I served it with pretzels and ginger snap cookies.

Little Dipper Pumpkin Pie Dip – from A Year of Crockpotting
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix – I used a can of pumpkin and added some cinnamon and nutmeg
4 oz cream cheese – I used Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1/4 cup sour cream – I used Trader Joe’s goat milk yogurt
chopped walnuts, optional

I use my Little Dipper—these measurements are perfect for a little dipper. If you don’t have one, you can put an oven-safe dish inside of your large crockpot.

Add the cream cheese to the Little Dipper. Top with sour cream (yogurt), then pour in the pumpkin pie filling.

Cover and cook for about an hour, then stir well. If the cream cheese isn’t fully melted, cook a bit longer. The Little Dipper doesn’t have temperature settings, you just plug it in. If you are going to use a big crockpot with an oven-safe dish inside, cook on high for about an hour, or 2 on low.

Garnish with chopped walnuts, if desired. I set out some walnuts and planned to serve the dip with them, but ended up forgetting.

17 Responses to “Crockpot Pulled Chicken”

Megan — February 24, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I am obsessed with your crockpot chicken tacos and am sure this is going to be another favorite crockpot chicken recipe in our house!

P.S. I had a cake craving last night and jumped on your blog to look up cupcake recipes… you have 101 cupcake recipes?!!

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

Yea… about those cupcakes. I went through a phase at the beginning of my blog. And I’ve been blogging 3.5 years, so that’s really only about 30/year…

Funandfearlessinbeantown — February 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I think I would LOVE this recipe! Bret loves pulled chicken and I love slow cooker recipes!

CasualDish — February 24, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Yum, my husband would totally love this!!

Evan @swEEts — February 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Sounds delicious and perfect for leaving in the pot before work and coming home to wonderfully cooked chicken. Can’t wait to try it!

Christina — February 24, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I love this kind of stuff. We had beef dip sandwiches last night. SO GOOD. I bet we’ve love this too!

Julie — February 24, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Sounds delicious, but I’m sure I’d have to just add one of those chiles 🙂

Kate W — February 24, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Yay! I love Pulled chicken sandwiches, I’m so glad you shared this recipe.

Katie — February 26, 2011 at 9:01 am

Nothing bad about pulled chicken. Nothing. Love all the flavors that the chicken was simmering in. Bet this was awesome!

Lindsay — March 7, 2011 at 8:07 am

This is the first time I’ve seen someone else use an Eating Well recipe! I like. 🙂 Also, this chicken looks fabulous and easy….nice work.

Kristen Llobrera — March 7, 2011 at 11:16 am

These look awesome and so easy to make! I love spicy pulled chicken and I love anything that you can just throw in the crockpot. Can’t wait to try them!

Judith — March 8, 2011 at 12:10 am

My husband and I made this last night for dinner and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Nona — May 6, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Has anyone tried freezing this? I dont eat meat, but I am thinking about making this for my husband but there is no way he could eat a whole pot to himself.

• beantownbaker — May 7th, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Like most crockpot meals, this meat freezes just fine. I like to portion it out into individual sized portions prior to freezing so you can just grab one and go.

Julia — November 27, 2013 at 8:01 am

Hi! I made this last year and it was a huge hit. I want to make it again for a holiday pot luck, but when I looked at the recipe today, it seemed to have the directions listed twice, and no ingredient amounts. I was able to find the recipe at eating Well, but wanted to let you know that there may be something wrong here.

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

Thanks for the update. I am fixing the post now. Glad this recipe was a success for you!

Nollywood — October 7, 2016 at 5:37 pm