Pumpkin Pie Dip

I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. I absolutely love fall food. All the apples, pumpkin, and cranberries. And, this was an opportunity to use my Little Dipper. I love using it because it’s so cute 🙂 We were having friends over to watch some college football and just hang out. This was a great addition to our menu. I served it with pretzels and ginger snap cookies.

Little Dipper Pumpkin Pie Dip – from A Year of Crockpotting
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix – I used a can of pumpkin and added some cinnamon and nutmeg
4 oz cream cheese – I used Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1/4 cup sour cream – I used Trader Joe’s goat milk yogurt
chopped walnuts, optional

I use my Little Dipper—these measurements are perfect for a little dipper. If you don’t have one, you can put an oven-safe dish inside of your large crockpot.

Add the cream cheese to the Little Dipper. Top with sour cream (yogurt), then pour in the pumpkin pie filling.

Cover and cook for about an hour, then stir well. If the cream cheese isn’t fully melted, cook a bit longer. The Little Dipper doesn’t have temperature settings, you just plug it in. If you are going to use a big crockpot with an oven-safe dish inside, cook on high for about an hour, or 2 on low.

Garnish with chopped walnuts, if desired. I set out some walnuts and planned to serve the dip with them, but ended up forgetting.

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!