Pumpkin Pie Dip

I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. I absolutely love fall food. All the apples, pumpkin, and cranberries. And, this was an opportunity to use my Little Dipper. I love using it because it’s so cute 🙂 We were having friends over to watch some college football and just hang out. This was a great addition to our menu. I served it with pretzels and ginger snap cookies.

Little Dipper Pumpkin Pie Dip – from A Year of Crockpotting
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix – I used a can of pumpkin and added some cinnamon and nutmeg
4 oz cream cheese – I used Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1/4 cup sour cream – I used Trader Joe’s goat milk yogurt
chopped walnuts, optional

I use my Little Dipper—these measurements are perfect for a little dipper. If you don’t have one, you can put an oven-safe dish inside of your large crockpot.

Add the cream cheese to the Little Dipper. Top with sour cream (yogurt), then pour in the pumpkin pie filling.

Cover and cook for about an hour, then stir well. If the cream cheese isn’t fully melted, cook a bit longer. The Little Dipper doesn’t have temperature settings, you just plug it in. If you are going to use a big crockpot with an oven-safe dish inside, cook on high for about an hour, or 2 on low.

Garnish with chopped walnuts, if desired. I set out some walnuts and planned to serve the dip with them, but ended up forgetting.

7 Responses to “Raw Summer Vegetable “Pasta””

Daisy — September 23, 2010 at 12:25 am

This looks delicious! I love that you guys plowed through it as an afternoon snack!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — September 23, 2010 at 12:30 am

I love using veggies as a healthy substitute for pasta. My favorite is a little more obvious – spaghetti squash!

Also, I got your DM about the photo. I’ve been crazy busy but I’ll email it to everyone tonight!

nutmegnanny — September 23, 2010 at 1:11 am

What a great salad! It’s perfect for saying goodbye to summer 🙂

A Bitchin' Kitchen — September 23, 2010 at 3:09 am

This looks so good! Yummy produce is really the only thing I’ll miss about summer time. I came across your site earlier today while searching for a pumpkin spice cheesecake brownie recipe (which I plan on making tomorrow btw). You have some great recipes and I’ll definitely be returning!

Lisa — September 23, 2010 at 4:50 am

What a great vegetarian dish. With all those gorgeous colors it’s a feast for the eyes as well as for the palate.

Eliana — September 23, 2010 at 3:17 pm

What a gorgeous dish. It looks super delicious too.

The Small Boston Kitchen — September 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

YUM! Great way to (healthily) soak up the last bits of summer flavors! Looks great…