Five Homemade Gift Ideas

Here are some ideas for homemade holiday gifts that you still have time to make before Christmas.

Hot Cocoa Mix – Nothing beats a great mug of hot cocoa!

Peppermint Marshmallows – These marshmallows go perfectly with a mug of hot cocoa

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn – Caramel corn makes a great gift. This stuff has just a hint of peanut butter flavor

Spiced Meat Rub – You can rub this on any kind of meat for delicious results

Salted Caramel Sauce – Salted caramel makes everything taste better. You can make it at home and any who gets a jar will thank you for years to come

One Year Ago: Peppermint Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake and Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Two Years Ago: Hot Cocoa Mix
Three Years Ago: Green Bean Casserole
Four Years Ago: Snickerdoodles and Candy Cane and Mint Kiss Cookies
Five Years Ago: Spinach Tomato Chicken Pasta and Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti

6 Responses to “Cranberry, Ginger, Orange, Cream Cheese Crumb Bars”

Stefany — January 8, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for making these… I was looking for something to use up 5 ounces of cream cheese, and this looks great. And added bonus- it will also use up one of the many bags of cranberries in my freezer!

• beantownbaker — January 8th, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

Great! I hope you enjoy them

Stefany — January 13, 2013 at 10:16 am

omgosh, I loved these. I’m not supposed to have dairy right now, but I snuck a tiny bite. SO. good. I didn’t have any ginger and subbed 1/2 cup of oats for 1/2 cup of the flour. Really delicious and really easy!

• beantownbaker — January 13th, 2013 @ 10:26 am

What a great substitution! I’m lactose intolerant so I use the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese. Have you tried it?

Stefany — January 13, 2013 at 9:03 pm

No, I can’t have soy, either. It’s for my daughter – she doesn’t tolerate dairy or soy and I’m still nursing her. It’s been a very boring (culinarily speaking) 8 months!

• beantownbaker — January 13th, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

Oh bummer! Not being able to eat dairy or soy must be tough!