Five Homemade Gift Ideas

Here are some ideas for homemade holiday gifts that you still have time to make before Christmas.

Hot Cocoa Mix – Nothing beats a great mug of hot cocoa!

Peppermint Marshmallows – These marshmallows go perfectly with a mug of hot cocoa

Peanut Butter Caramel Corn – Caramel corn makes a great gift. This stuff has just a hint of peanut butter flavor

Spiced Meat Rub – You can rub this on any kind of meat for delicious results

Salted Caramel Sauce – Salted caramel makes everything taste better. You can make it at home and any who gets a jar will thank you for years to come

One Year Ago: Peppermint Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake and Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Two Years Ago: Hot Cocoa Mix
Three Years Ago: Green Bean Casserole
Four Years Ago: Snickerdoodles and Candy Cane and Mint Kiss Cookies
Five Years Ago: Spinach Tomato Chicken Pasta and Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti

8 Responses to “Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce”

dinner — November 13, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all important infos.
    I’d like to see extra posts like this .

Karen - Cinnamon Freud — November 16, 2013 at 12:52 am

This cranberry sauce sounds great! I love, love, love cranberry sauce (so much I make it all November and December as a side for dinner). Definitely may be giving this one a try soon

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who eats cranberry sauce on days that aren’t holidays!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm

This cranberry sauce sounds so perfect 🙂 I love it!

Teresa — November 21, 2013 at 11:45 pm

This looks lovely! When you say to add everything except the sugar are you referring to the white sugar only? So the brown sugar would still go in with the port, balsamic, figs, herbs, etc.? Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

Sorry about the confusion. I updated the recipe. Yes, add the brown sugar, but not the white sugar.

Cathy — December 4, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hello, made this cranberry sauce and it was great. Loved the flavors in it. We also made traditional cranberry sauce (with OJ) so I do have both kinds leftover. Can’t wait to bake with both of them in some muffins. Thanks

• beantownbaker — December 4th, 2013 @ 11:53 am

Glad you enjoyed it. I have some leftover too. I think I’m going to make some bars out of the leftovers…