Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti

I’m starting to get addicted to blogging events. The latest event that I wanted to partake in was a recipe exchange. Basically everyone sent a recipe to our wonderful organizer, Katie of Good Things Catered, and she sent back someone else’s recipe. Then we all bake them and post about them. This time, they all had to be a dessert.

Hubby and I were talking about how neither of us really like Biscotti. I don’t drink coffee ever and he just doesn’t like them. Wouldn’t you know the recipe I got is for Biscotti. I wanted to go ahead and make it to try something new. I usually send my baked goods to work with Hubby anyways and I’m sure his coworkers would like the Biscotti with their morning coffee.

Overall, I thought these turned out great. I was eating quite a bit of the dough in it’s various stages of cooked-ness. I drizzled chocolate on them. Hubby said they went over great at work. He set them near the coffee pot in the morning.

I had quite a few that crumbled when I cut them. I was in a hurry and I’m sure when that if I make biscotti again, I’ll just have to be more careful. I also didn’t know when my butter was fully browned. I’ve never browned butter before, so I read some of the reviews and followed the directions. I never got a strong nutty smell from the butter though…

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti (from FoodNetwork.com)10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 1/4 cups chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chunks (about 6 ounces)

Position racks evenly in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Melt the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally. Continue to cook until the butter browns and gets a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.

Beat the eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar while beating. Then slowly add the butter and vanilla until evenly mixed, about 30 seconds more. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.

While mixing slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet, in 2 additions, mixing just until absorbed. Fold in the peanuts and chocolate pieces.

Divide the dough evenly into thirds, and put each portion in the center of a baking sheet. Shape the dough with slightly wet hands into logs about 2-inches wide and 15 inches long. Bake until set and brown around the edges, about 25 to 30 minutes. (For even baking take care to rotate the pans– top to bottom and front to back–about half way though.) Cool logs on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes.

Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Carefully transfer the logs to a cutting board. Cut logs crosswise, with a long serrated knife at about a 45 degree angle, into 1/2-inch thick cookies. Place cookies cut side down on the baking sheets. Bake until crisp, about 8 minutes. Flip the cookies over and bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Cool biscotti on the baking sheets. Serve.

Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.

18 Responses to “Tunnel of Fudge Cake”

vanillasugarblog — February 8, 2014 at 11:54 am

this cake screams a lot of things!
    eat me comes to my mind!
    lol

• beantownbaker — February 8th, 2014 @ 11:57 am

It does definitely scream that 🙂

Aimee — February 9, 2014 at 7:14 am

Gorgeous Bundt, Jen! It looks amazing. Love the butter and cocoa tip and the raspberries!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — February 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Who needs a tunnel of love when you have a tunnel of fudge! This looks fantastic!!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 23, 2014 at 9:45 am

This cake looks glorious 🙂 I am dying to get a slice, maybe two 😉

sue epstein — February 27, 2014 at 6:19 pm

The original recipe called for a box of Pillsbury’s frosting mix and was much, much better than the current recipes. There was a tunnel of gooey soft fudge in the middle that you just can’t get with today’s recipes for this cake. But it’s still a great cake!

Lynne — February 28, 2014 at 9:35 pm

For most up-to-date information you have to visit tthe webb and oon web I
    found this site as a most excellent web page for latest updates.

Marye Audet — March 21, 2014 at 5:12 pm

One of my favorites! Thanks for the reminder..I need to make this – soon!

Heila — December 22, 2015 at 4:24 am

I just tried this yummy recipe from your blog and it has come out really yummy!! 🙂
    This is my first tunnel of fudge cake and I am quite happy with the outcome…
    Thanks for sharing this easy recipe 🙂

Lois C. Flores — January 27, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Gorgeous!!! I’d love to try to make it for my family soon. Your recipe is so detailed, but to a clumsy person like me, Hopefully I won’t mess everything up haha.

Abigail C. Murdock — March 17, 2016 at 4:19 am

Looking at the picture of your cake I just wanna try it immediately. It looks really good. It is good to make it at home and serve on some special occasions like birthday parties or a party with friends on weekends. Thanks Jen for sharing this recipe with us!

Dane Shaw — March 23, 2016 at 6:47 am

Nice recipe Jen! Hope that I can do it the way you make your cake. Always love chocolate. Thank you for sharing it!

Healthoop — March 24, 2016 at 9:53 am

oh my god, I fell in love with it at the first sight. So yummy and nice at the look. Thanks Jen for sharing wonderful recipe!

Anthony — April 20, 2016 at 12:34 am

Awesome, you make it like an artist. It looks so delicious, I will try your recipe to make it for my kids. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Kathy — June 16, 2016 at 3:26 am

This cake recipe looks very sweet and delicous. I will try it soon. Thank for share this great post.

Luis Sanborn — March 14, 2017 at 4:21 am

This looks amazing, I will try this out tomorrow, thank you for sharing!