Five Must-Bake Holiday Desserts

With the holidays just around the corner, I wanted to highlight my five favorite holiday desserts that I have posted. Without further ado, here they are:

Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread and lemon make such a great combination. The spices of the season are highlighted in these cupcakes.

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies – I love peppermint and chocolate together in the wintertime. These cookies are festive in color and flavor.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake – This was my first cheesecake cake. The vibrant colors are perfect this time of year.

Candy Cane Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes – I took my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and combined it with my favorite Oreo cupcake recipe and used Candy Cane Joe Joe’s to make these cupcakes.

Peppermint Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake – Brownie bits are baked right in to this cheesecake. With peppermint extract, and crushed candy canes, it has a minty-chocolatey flavor that just screams winter.

One Year Ago: Massaged Kale with Pear and Pumpkin Seeds and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates and Vanilla-Pecan Butter
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Patty Frosting and Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Three Years Ago: Cookie Dough Brownies
Four Years Ago: Lumberjack Cookies and Peppermint Sandies

8 Responses to “Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce”

dinner — November 13, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all important infos.
    I’d like to see extra posts like this .

Karen - Cinnamon Freud — November 16, 2013 at 12:52 am

This cranberry sauce sounds great! I love, love, love cranberry sauce (so much I make it all November and December as a side for dinner). Definitely may be giving this one a try soon

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who eats cranberry sauce on days that aren’t holidays!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm

This cranberry sauce sounds so perfect 🙂 I love it!

Teresa — November 21, 2013 at 11:45 pm

This looks lovely! When you say to add everything except the sugar are you referring to the white sugar only? So the brown sugar would still go in with the port, balsamic, figs, herbs, etc.? Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

Sorry about the confusion. I updated the recipe. Yes, add the brown sugar, but not the white sugar.

Cathy — December 4, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hello, made this cranberry sauce and it was great. Loved the flavors in it. We also made traditional cranberry sauce (with OJ) so I do have both kinds leftover. Can’t wait to bake with both of them in some muffins. Thanks

• beantownbaker — December 4th, 2013 @ 11:53 am

Glad you enjoyed it. I have some leftover too. I think I’m going to make some bars out of the leftovers…