Five Must-Bake Holiday Desserts

With the holidays just around the corner, I wanted to highlight my five favorite holiday desserts that I have posted. Without further ado, here they are:

Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread and lemon make such a great combination. The spices of the season are highlighted in these cupcakes.

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies – I love peppermint and chocolate together in the wintertime. These cookies are festive in color and flavor.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake – This was my first cheesecake cake. The vibrant colors are perfect this time of year.

Candy Cane Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes – I took my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and combined it with my favorite Oreo cupcake recipe and used Candy Cane Joe Joe’s to make these cupcakes.

Peppermint Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake – Brownie bits are baked right in to this cheesecake. With peppermint extract, and crushed candy canes, it has a minty-chocolatey flavor that just screams winter.

One Year Ago: Massaged Kale with Pear and Pumpkin Seeds and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates and Vanilla-Pecan Butter
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Patty Frosting and Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Three Years Ago: Cookie Dough Brownies
Four Years Ago: Lumberjack Cookies and Peppermint Sandies

9 Responses to “Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes”

Connie — November 8, 2013 at 11:45 am

What a great idea to freeze the excess chipotle chiles! Much less waste, and perfectly portioned. I do freeze buttermilk in 1/2 cup increments because I never use up the whole carton when I buy it.

• beantownbaker — November 8th, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

Oh I’ve never frozen dairy before. Does it defrost well?

Connie — November 8, 2013 at 2:18 pm

It does get a little curdled looking but I only use it for baking cakes. I haven’t noticed any discernible difference in texture or flavor in the resulting cakes.

• beantownbaker — November 10th, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

Good to know. I’ll have to keep that in mind because I never use the whole carton either. I tend to just make my own buttermilk with milk + vinegar but sometimes I buy it then struggle with how to use it all.

Shannon — November 9, 2013 at 9:32 am

i like adding in a not traveling to the rotation! might have to employ that one here 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 10th, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

It was seriously one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. We’ve done a variety of things on our holidays where we don’t travel.

Karen @ The Food Charlatan — November 22, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Hey Jen! I JUST made these potatoes and posted them today. Alton Brown knows his stuff right? Then I saw your picture on pinterest and was like hm I wonder if that’s the same recipe…? Great minds think alike! I added green onions and bacon to mine, because, well, bacon makes everything better. Right? 🙂 Great post! http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2013/11/22/chipotle-sweet-potatoes-with-bacon/

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

Bacon definitely makes everything better. Great minds do think alike!

Baked Potato Oven — January 14, 2014 at 4:02 am

I am gonna try this on coming weekend and hope its looks at least nice in the texture and in color,because i am not so good in cooking:). Anyway Looking forward to more of your yummy dishes mate!!!