Swirled Peppermint Bark

If you’re looking for a quick gift for friends, hostess gift, or treat to take to work or a party, this swirled peppermint bark is always a sure bet.

Swirled Peppermint Bark

Peppermint bark is such a classic holiday treat. I was drawn to this one because it has swirled chocolate and white chocolate as opposed to the traditional layering that you see with most peppermint barks.

Swirled Peppermint Bark

It comes as no surprise that this peppermint bark was a cinch to make and was a hit. I mean how can you go wrong with chocolate and peppermint? You can’t.

Swirled Peppermint Bark

Definitely take the time to use a double boiler for both chocolates. Melted chocolate in the microwave works for most applications, but I wouldn’t risk it with peppermint bark. Especially since white chocolate can be quite high maintenance…

Two Years Ago: Beef Stew and Massaged Kale with Pear and Pumpkin Seeds
Three Years Ago: Homemade Green Bean Casserole and Turnip Puff
Four Years Ago: M&M Surprise Cookies and Cookie Dough Brownies
Five Years Ago: Lumberjack Cookies and Peppermint Sandies

Print Save

Swirled Peppermint Bark

If you're looking for a quick gift for friends, hostess gift, or treat to take to work or a party, this swirled peppermint bark is always a sure bet.

1.5 lb white chocolate
1.5 lb semi-sweet chocolate
8 candy cane, crushed

Set up two double boilers (a simmering pot of water with a glass bowl sitting over top, not touching the water.

Let the chocolate melt mostly on it's own, stirring every once in a while with a rubber spatula. When it's mostly melted, remove it from the heat, being careful to make sure water doesn't get into the chocolate.

Stir until completely smooth and then spoon each chocolate in random blobs on a wax paper-lined 11x17, filling most of the surface.

Using the end of a small knife held vertically, swirl the chocolate until you're happy with the presentation.

Pick up the pan a few inches off the counter and let it fall back, to evenly distribute the chocolate and get rid of any air bubbles.

Scatter the candy cane pieces over the top.

Let sit at room temperature until completely hardened. Break the bark into pieces.

Store at room temperature in a covered container.

10 Responses to “Ina Gartens Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies”

Linds — November 25, 2008 at 1:59 am

Oh my goodness, those look AMAZING!

Ingrid — November 25, 2008 at 3:07 am

Wow, that’s a lot of brownies. They do look heavenly! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

~Amber~ — November 25, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Wow, these look amazing!

Jen — November 25, 2008 at 5:48 pm

These are amazing! And they’re very chocolatey. Definitely need a glass of milk with them 🙂

Katie — December 1, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Whoa! Those look insanely decadent and delicious!

Glenice — February 27, 2010 at 4:50 am

Hi Jan. These Orio Crunch Brownies look delicious and I would like to try an make them. Being in Australia the recipe needs some clarification for me. How much butter is in a stick? We get butter in 1kg and 500 gm packs… Thanks so much. Just found your blog today and oh! oh!, everything looks so nice. I would like to leave my email address for you: jong2505@hotmail.com

Thanks ever so much…

Sarah — April 13, 2010 at 1:20 am

These look so great! Can I eliminate the instant coffee or is it essential to the taste? I am making these for my 3-year-old niece’s birthday party, and she LOVES chocolate, but I don’t think she should have something with coffee in it. What are your thoughts?

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 11:59 am

Sarah – The coffe in the brownies is there to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. It is not necessary, you could definitely take it out without any issues. I hope you enjoy the brownies!

Sarah — April 19, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Sorry to be a pest with questions, but what kind of pan is the size you mentioned? I did a search online and I got two results – a jelly roll pan and also a much deeper roasting pan. The brownies in your photos look thick but I’m not sure if I need to pick up a new pan. Thanks for all of your help!!! 🙂

Jen — April 21, 2010 at 11:04 am

Sarah – Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The pan I used is 11x17x1. So it’s not very deep. I always call it a jelly roll pan. Hope that helps!