Swirled Peppermint Bark

If you’re looking for a quick gift for friends, hostess gift, or treat to take to work or a party, this swirled peppermint bark is always a sure bet.

Swirled Peppermint Bark

Peppermint bark is such a classic holiday treat. I was drawn to this one because it has swirled chocolate and white chocolate as opposed to the traditional layering that you see with most peppermint barks.

Swirled Peppermint Bark

It comes as no surprise that this peppermint bark was a cinch to make and was a hit. I mean how can you go wrong with chocolate and peppermint? You can’t.

Swirled Peppermint Bark

Definitely take the time to use a double boiler for both chocolates. Melted chocolate in the microwave works for most applications, but I wouldn’t risk it with peppermint bark. Especially since white chocolate can be quite high maintenance…

Two Years Ago: Beef Stew and Massaged Kale with Pear and Pumpkin Seeds
Three Years Ago: Homemade Green Bean Casserole and Turnip Puff
Four Years Ago: M&M Surprise Cookies and Cookie Dough Brownies
Five Years Ago: Lumberjack Cookies and Peppermint Sandies

Print Save

Swirled Peppermint Bark

If you're looking for a quick gift for friends, hostess gift, or treat to take to work or a party, this swirled peppermint bark is always a sure bet.

Ingredients:

1.5 lb white chocolate
1.5 lb semi-sweet chocolate
8 candy cane, crushed

Directions:

Set up two double boilers (a simmering pot of water with a glass bowl sitting over top, not touching the water.

Let the chocolate melt mostly on it's own, stirring every once in a while with a rubber spatula. When it's mostly melted, remove it from the heat, being careful to make sure water doesn't get into the chocolate.

Stir until completely smooth and then spoon each chocolate in random blobs on a wax paper-lined 11x17, filling most of the surface.

Using the end of a small knife held vertically, swirl the chocolate until you're happy with the presentation.

Pick up the pan a few inches off the counter and let it fall back, to evenly distribute the chocolate and get rid of any air bubbles.

Scatter the candy cane pieces over the top.

Let sit at room temperature until completely hardened. Break the bark into pieces.

Store at room temperature in a covered container.

14 Responses to “Spring M&M Pretzel Treats”

Sarah — April 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love this simple recipe, and it will be a great idea for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower (both she and her fiance have M names). You mention in your other posts about using a squeeze bottle – is this any particular type of squeeze bottle? I’m not sure how to find one that would work for this purpose. What do you use? Thanks!

mamakrystal — April 9, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Awww, totally cute! It came up in my google reader and my stomach growled!!! YUM!

Teresa Bjork — April 9, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Yum! I’m making these this weekend for birthday treats. Can’t believe you can’t find almond bark. There are stacks of it at our small-town grocery store in Iowa.

Jen — April 9, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Sarah – I use squeeze bottles from Michaels. They look like this.

Teresa – yes, it’s crazy that they don’t have almond bark out East. In the Midwest you can get it anywhere!

Sarah — April 10, 2010 at 3:37 am

Thanks Jen! These are awesome. I have so many new pages bookmarked since finding your blog. P.S. I was in TJ Maxx tonight and found a jar of polka dot sprinkles, like true big polka dots, and I thought of you!

Baking Away — April 10, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Do you have any Super WalMarts near you? I get them there all the time in Massachusetts. They are carried year round in the baking aisle. I’m not sure if regular WalMarts have them too.

mrs. c — April 11, 2010 at 10:16 pm

These look yummy and I think that my college-age nephews would love them…how whould they travel? Have you got suggestions for things that will travel well in the mail? Thank you

Jen — April 11, 2010 at 11:08 pm

mrs. c – these would travel really well. I like them straight from the fridge or freezer. I would freeze them for a few days prior to mailing. That’s what I do with anything I ship. I have great luck with cookies and brownies going in the mail.

KV — April 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm

have you tried coloring almond bark before? I tried a couple months ago and it was a disaster, so just curious

Jen — April 12, 2010 at 6:23 pm

KV – I have not tried to color almond bark. The Wilton’s candy melts do come in a variety of colors though, so you could use those. They are sold at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Baking Away — April 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Just wanted to clarify that I meant I find almond bark at Super WalMart here in MA. I went back to see if you had responded, and I realized my comment didn’t really make much sense!

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Thanks. I don’t shop much at Walmart… It’s probably better that I can’t find this stuff anywhere, otherwise I’d be making these all the time!

clash of clans gemmes gratuit sans payer — March 17, 2016 at 2:00 am

Retirer en discernement en visitant cette d?mes plaisanteries tel cette contradictoire localité.

OBAT LUKA BAKAR — October 6, 2017 at 10:07 am