Peanut Butter Cupcakes

3 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk

Preheat over to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.

In a large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs. Beat well. Mix in the vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well.

Fill the cupcake lines one-half to three-quarters full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cupcake: 206.9 Calories, 9.1g Fat, 34.8 mg Cholesterol, 225.7 mg Sodium, 83.6 mg Potassium, 26.9 g Carbs, 1.1 g Dietary Fiber, 1.6 g Sugar, 5.4 g Protein
WW POINTS = 5
Frosting: I had a hard time finding the nutritional info for the frosting since I didn’t write it down when I made the cupcakes. I found this link and 2 Tbsp of milk chocolate frost is WW POINTS = 3

11 Responses to “Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm

This looks like such a perfect gift! Are those your homemade marshmallows I spy in the mug?

Jen — December 20, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Of course they are! I seriously can’t justify buying marshmallows anymore. They’re just so easy and SO good homemade. I even whipped up a batch to put on our twice baked sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.

Blog is the New Black — December 20, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I really wanted to do this this year for gifts but time escaped me. Looks great!

Boston Food Diary — December 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Soooo here’s the deal- A Boston Food Diary is going to look A LOT like Beantown Baker next week as I steal your recipes 🙂 Looks great Jen!

Megan — December 20, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Why have I never thought about doing this? It looks so easy and it definitely would give me an excuse to make some homemade marshmallows!

Danielle — December 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm

That looks like an amazing gift! Making a homemade hot cocoa would definetly save money. Thanks for the recipe(:

EliFla — December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Ghirardelli cocoa is very good and your homemade hot cocoa mix …too!!! May you have a special merry Christmas!!!Hugs, Flavia

Meghan@travelwinedine — December 21, 2010 at 1:17 am

I have never thought of making my own cocoa mix OR marshmallows. I feel a winter project coming on. Looks delicious!

kitchenmisfit — December 21, 2010 at 1:33 am

I have had this bookmarked to make to some gifts for a couple of my girlfriends. So awesome and easy to make!

-Amanda

dana — December 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Loads of thanks to you. I can make everyone happy this Christmas. This recipe is even easy to follow.

innochkaskitchen — December 24, 2010 at 3:01 am

Yum! What a great holiday gift idea!