S’mores Brownies

Imagine what a s’mores would taste like if you used a fudgey brownie instead of a small piece of chocolate. That’s what these little guys taste like. You get a nice crunch from the graham cracker on the bottom, then a fudge like brownie layer, topped with more chocolate, chunks of graham crackers, and mini marshmallows.

As I mentioned the other day, I like my marshmallows to be charred when I make s’mores. So when I made these brownies, I had to toast the marshmallows. I busted out my kitchen torch and charred the toppings. It was a lot of fun to come up with another excuse to use my kitchen torch. It’s just so fun!

I read some reviews that the brownie layer was a bit dry, so I was extra careful not to let that happen. In the end I think my brownies were a bit underbaked, but that gave them a gooey fudge like consistency that was perfect for these brownies.

Everyone at work LOVED these guys. And they were so easy to throw together. If you’re in the mood for smores, give these a shot!

Print Save

S'mores Brownies

Yield: 36

10 graham crackers, broken in half (20 squares), divided
3/4 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened Chocolate
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Heat oven to 350°F.

Line 13x9-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Place 15 grahams in pan, with sides overlapping slightly. Break remaining grahams into pieces.

Microwave butter and chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour. Pour over grahams in pan.

Bake 30 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake.

Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Bake 3 to 5 min. or until marshmallows begin to puff. Press reserved graham pieces gently into marshmallows.

(Optional) Using your kitchen torch, toast the marshmallows.

Cool. Use foil to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.

Recipe from Kraft

Don’t forget about my Power of Pink Challenge – make something PINK by the end of the month to raise Breast Cancer Awareness!

11 Responses to “Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm

This looks like such a perfect gift! Are those your homemade marshmallows I spy in the mug?

Jen — December 20, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Of course they are! I seriously can’t justify buying marshmallows anymore. They’re just so easy and SO good homemade. I even whipped up a batch to put on our twice baked sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.

Blog is the New Black — December 20, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I really wanted to do this this year for gifts but time escaped me. Looks great!

Boston Food Diary — December 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Soooo here’s the deal- A Boston Food Diary is going to look A LOT like Beantown Baker next week as I steal your recipes 🙂 Looks great Jen!

Megan — December 20, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Why have I never thought about doing this? It looks so easy and it definitely would give me an excuse to make some homemade marshmallows!

Danielle — December 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm

That looks like an amazing gift! Making a homemade hot cocoa would definetly save money. Thanks for the recipe(:

EliFla — December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Ghirardelli cocoa is very good and your homemade hot cocoa mix …too!!! May you have a special merry Christmas!!!Hugs, Flavia

Meghan@travelwinedine — December 21, 2010 at 1:17 am

I have never thought of making my own cocoa mix OR marshmallows. I feel a winter project coming on. Looks delicious!

kitchenmisfit — December 21, 2010 at 1:33 am

I have had this bookmarked to make to some gifts for a couple of my girlfriends. So awesome and easy to make!

dana — December 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Loads of thanks to you. I can make everyone happy this Christmas. This recipe is even easy to follow.

innochkaskitchen — December 24, 2010 at 3:01 am

Yum! What a great holiday gift idea!