Strawberry, Avocado, Goat Cheese Sandwich

I love making sandwiches that have unique flavor combinations in them. This one might be my favorite. While it doesn’t have bacon, it does have the salty-tanginess of goat cheese, the sweetness of in-season ripe strawberries, and the creamy coolness of avocado.

Strawberry, Avocado, Goat Cheese Sandwich

I want to talk a few minutes about my new favorite cheese. Humboldt Fog has been making an appearance in my grocery cart on a regular basis since moving to Cincinnati (it was even the star ingredient to our low-key Superbowl snacking). Our local big-box grocery store has an AMAZING cheese counter. It rivals what I could get at Trader Joe’s back in Boston.

Strawberry, Avocado, Goat Cheese Sandwich

Due to my lactose intolerance, I love trying new goat and sheep milk cheeses, and this Humboldt Fog cheese has become my favorite. It paired so nicely with the other flavors in this sandwich. Hubby was definitely jealous that I made this one night when he was working late. But have no fear, this sandwich has been made a couple more times since then!

Strawberry, Avocado, Goat Cheese Sandwich

One Year Ago: Homemade Granola and Rhubarb Coffee Cake
Two Years Ago: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies and New York Style Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce
Three Years Ago: Oreo Pretzel Fudge and Oreo Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Four Years Ago: Brownie Pops
Five Years Ago: Baked Eggplant Chips

Print Save

Strawberry, Avocado, Goat Cheese Sandwich

No real recipe here, just building one amazing sandwich!

Yield: 1 sandwich

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

2 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 avocado
sea salt
4-5 strawberries, sliced
~1 oz goat cheese

Directions:

Place the bread slices in a grill pan set to med-high heat. Once they have toasted on the first side, flip over. Add the goat cheese to one of the slices. When the bread is fully toasted and the cheese is melted, remove bread from pan and place on plate or cutting board.

Mash avocado onto the other piece of toast and sprinkle with sea salt.

Add strawberry slices to both pieces of toast before pressing together to form a sandwich.

Cut sandwich in half and serve.

Inspired by edible perspective

14 Responses to “Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream”

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 31, 2013 at 8:14 am

What a gorgeous chocolate!! I adore deep chocolate ice creams.

• beantownbaker — May 31st, 2013 @ 10:07 am

You would definitely love this then. It’s so rich and chocolatey!

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — May 31, 2013 at 8:19 am

I just got an ice cream maker and cannot wait to start trying it out… this looks a bit above my skill level, but a good thing to work towards!

• beantownbaker — May 31st, 2013 @ 10:08 am

I completely understand wanting to start out with an easier recipe. Sorbets are really easy. No cooking necessary for most sorbet recipes. But def keep this one in the back of your mind for when you feel more confident!

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 31, 2013 at 8:51 am

I made this dark chocolate ice cream last year, and it is definitely the best chocolate ice cream I’ve ever had. The 5-day wait time is pure torture, but it’s completely worth it. So glad you enjoyed this as much as I did!

• beantownbaker — May 31st, 2013 @ 10:07 am

I agree, it was complete torture, especially after taking a taste after it had processed in the machine…

tracy {pale yellow} — May 31, 2013 at 6:23 pm

A rich, deep chocolate ice cream is worth the wait! It’s so hard to find a recipe for the decadent chocolate ice I desire, this recipe has moved to the top of my to-do list!

Sues — June 3, 2013 at 6:48 am

You can tell just by looking at this how rich and awesome it is!!

• beantownbaker — June 7th, 2013 @ 8:52 am

It’s seriously difficult to scoop it’s so thick!

Shannon — June 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm

wowza, this certainly tell how rich and decadent it is!! i’m appreciating more and more those things that I only need a spoonful of to satisfy 😉

• beantownbaker — June 7th, 2013 @ 8:53 am

This is definitely one of those things. I love chocolate but could only handle one small scoop at a time.

Nutmeg Nanny — June 7, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Who isn’t a fan of chocolate?! This looks amazing 🙂

Lisa T — June 16, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I would love to try this recipe. I am wondering why you used coconut milk, and I’m assuming full fat coconut milk?

• beantownbaker — June 16th, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

i use coconut milk because I’m lactose intolerant so I can’t use cow’s milk or heavy cream. If you want to use those dairy products, follow the instructions in the original recipe. And yes, I use full fat coconut milk.