Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Clearly we love Oreos in the Beantown Baker household. I’ve made them from scratch, used them in brownies and cupcakes, made truffles out of them, and even put them in Rice Krispies treats. Even with all of this baking with Oreos, I still look for new recipes to feature these classic cookies. This week I’m going to highlight five more recipes using Oreos. Get out a glass of milk and be sure to check back to see what I’m baking up.

I’ve had my eyes on this fudge for a while now. I love the simplicity of the recipe. And we all know I’m a huge fan of salty/sweet combos and layered bars!

This fudge combines the best of both of those worlds. One layer has the pretzels that provide some saltiness and a bit of crunch. The top layer provides a contrast because of the sweetness of the Oreos. I cut these into pretty small pieces, because like most fudges, this one is pretty intense!

I have to admit I wished that the bottom layer was a bit saltier. Next time I might even sprinkle some salt on top of that layer with the layer of pretzels. Don’t get me wrong, this fudge is amazing, but it didn’t provide the salty/sweet ratio that I was hoping for.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients:

100 grams dark chocolate
100 grams white chocolate
2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
20 Oreos, quartered
45 salted pretzels, 20 separated out and crushed

Directions:

Microwave the dark chocolate with one can of condensed milk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is nearly all melted, stirring thoroughly after each minute. Stir in the 20 crushed pretzels.

Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Top with remaining 25 whole pretzels. Press the pretzels slightly into the fudge.

Repeat melting the white chocolate with the second can of condensed milk.

Break the cookies into quarters, and stir into the white chocolate mixture. Spread that on top of the dark chocolate and the pretzels.

Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. Cutting is easiest with a knife dipped into hot water.

Recipe adapted from Chocolate Fool

12 Responses to “S’mores Brownies”

Boston Food Diary — October 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm

whoa…I think I’m speechless! I have seen S’mores Brownies before, I have even tasted them- in well known restaurants- and these look 100% better and tastier! Well done- I might be knocking on your door for a taste!!!

vickdn — October 6, 2010 at 2:54 pm

here is another smores recipe I just saw… if you are looking for more smores recipes!

vickdn — October 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm

it would help if I gave you the link…. lol enjoy!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 6, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I just saw your photos and seriously almost drooled. You never cease to amaze me Jen!

Jen — October 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm

vickdn – I saw that smores biscotti this morning! Looks great.

Fun and Fearless – don’t get any drool on your monitor!

Eliana — October 6, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I’m not surpsied everyone at your work loved these. They look amazing!

newlywed — October 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Wow! These look like a great excuse to buy a kitchen torch!

Lindsay — October 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Yum! I love love love s’mores. I even make them in the winter using the gas stove, so this recipe is definitely going to make it on my list of ones to try 🙂

kitchenmisfit — October 10, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Looks amazing! Can’t wait to make them!

nutmegnanny — October 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

I love S’mores brownies! The combination of all the flavors, in a less messy bar form, make me smile 🙂

nutmegnanny — October 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

stacey — January 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I’m making them right now..It seemed that during cooking one row of my graham crackers started to rise to the surface of the brownies…and the center is still undercooked but the edges are cooked.. I hope they turn out ok…They look awesome