Goat Cheese stuffed Salmon

Hubby and I didn’t do our meal planning recently, so there was a lot of just throwing things together. I’ve managed to surprise the both of us at how much better I’m getting at that. Who knew that it was so easy to build confidence in the kitchen!?!

Tonight I was looking in the fridge at what would go with the salmon steaks I had picked up since they were on sale. We usually just season salmon steaks with Adobo and grill them but I wanted to do something different this time…

Since finding out I’m lactose intolerant (check out my other dairy free recipes), we have been living off of goat cheese. (Thank goodness we both love goat cheese!!! I’ve got quite a few recipes with goat cheese in them.) I’ve never had goat cheese with salmon, but thought the flavors would go well together, so decided to give it a shot. The salmon was awesome and we both agreed that we needed to make these again sometime soon!

Goat Cheese stuffed Salmon (by ME!) serves 22 salmon steaks
2-4 oz herbed goat cheese
3 Tbsp mayo
1 Tbsp garlic (or spicey) mustard
bread crumbs

Put 1/2 of the cheese in between the “legs” of the salmon steak – our salmon came wrapped in a net so they were round in shape. I think it would be a good idea to tie your salmon up like that if it doesn’t come with the net around it.

I wanted to top the salmon with a “sauce” for this, I combined the mayo and mustard and smeared it on top of the salmon. I then sprinkled bread crumbs on top of the sauce.

I baked at 350 for about 20 minutes. Be sure to check for doneness.

Nutritional Info: TBD

12 Responses to “Lemon Cilantro Potato Salad”

Kaloula — March 31, 2010 at 12:21 pm

That looks really good, a new take on potato salad..can’t wait to try it out!

Brisbane Baker — March 31, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Mmm I like potato salad and with coriander yum!

yumventures — March 31, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Lemon and cilantro are the perfect couple! I love your story — I have a notebook with family recipes in it with names like “Christina’s Dip” or “Mary’s Potato Salad” (yes, I have a potato salad lady too!). I feel that it is only fitting to name the dish after them 🙂

holly2460 — March 31, 2010 at 1:38 pm

That looks great! We are having the in-laws over Friday night and grilling burgers and I think this will be a perfect side!

Nancy — March 31, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Hubby’s Mom here: for those who don’t like cilantro (and I know, hard to believe there are people who don’t like it), you can substitute basil. This potato salad is really good either way.

Cara — March 31, 2010 at 7:06 pm

This sounds wonderfully fresh and flavorful. I’m not a big fan of mayonnaise-y potato salad so this sounds great!

camelia — March 31, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

We Are Not Martha — March 31, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Oooh potato salad definitely makes me think of warm weather. And even more so with lemon and cilantro! Plus, it’s so pretty 🙂

Sues

abigail — April 2, 2010 at 2:09 pm

we made this last night and it was awesome!! will definitely be making it again. so easy and delicious!

Sarah — April 4, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Love your blog!! We made this last night – it was amazing!!! We love potato salad, but never eat it because of how horrible it is for you. This is going to be a summer staple recipe for us. Thanks!!!

Marguerite — April 18, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I’m making this now, but what do I do with the shallot?

Jen — April 18, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Marguerite – If you’re using shallots instead of scallions, just add them in near the end where it says to stir in the scallion.s