Avocado Chocolate Ganache Mousse

Avocados bring a rich creaminess to this thick chocolate ganache-like mousse.

Avocado Ganache Mousse

Making mousse with avocados is nothing new and whoever thought of it first is brilliant. The creaminess of the avocado lends itself perfectly to making a rich thick mousse. It feels like you’re indulging even though you’re really not.

Avocado Ganache Mousse

Now I’m not saying this mousse is a health food. I’m just saying it’s better for you than other chocolate mousse recipes. And the texture is more like a really thick ganache. Which is awesome if you ask me. Hubby wasn’t a fan. He loves the light fluffiness of his mom’s chocolate mousse better. Guess that just means more of this mousse for me!

Avocado Ganache Mousse

I topped my mousse with some slivered almonds. I like the nice crunch. It’s also really good with whipped cream or fresh fruit. I had fun with the mousse and portioned it in to differently shaped bowls to add some flare to the dish. No matter what you serve this in, it’s sure to be a hit.

Avocado Ganache Mousse

Two Years Ago: Hot Chocolate Cookies and Broccoli and Fruit Salad
Three Years Ago: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls and How to Freeze Cinnamon Rolls and Indian Spiced Beans
Four Years Ago: Kitchen Before and After Pics and Cranberry, Caramelized Onion, and Goat Cheese Dip
Six Years Ago: Cake Balls, Oreo Truffles, and Peanut Butter Balls and Vegan Brownies

Print Save

Avocado Chocolate Ganache Mousse

Avocados bring a rich creaminess to this thick chocolate ganache-like mousse.

Yield: Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

2 just ripe avocados
6 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
heaping 1/2 cup cocoa
slivered almonds or other nut, for garnish

Directions:

Place all ingredients, except your garnish, in the bowl of a food processor. Process until completely smooth.

Spoon in to small serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.

Sprinkle almonds on top of mousse and serve.

Recipe adapted from A Splash of Vanilla

14 Responses to “Spring M&M Pretzel Treats”

Sarah — April 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love this simple recipe, and it will be a great idea for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower (both she and her fiance have M names). You mention in your other posts about using a squeeze bottle – is this any particular type of squeeze bottle? I’m not sure how to find one that would work for this purpose. What do you use? Thanks!

mamakrystal — April 9, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Awww, totally cute! It came up in my google reader and my stomach growled!!! YUM!

Teresa Bjork — April 9, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Yum! I’m making these this weekend for birthday treats. Can’t believe you can’t find almond bark. There are stacks of it at our small-town grocery store in Iowa.

Jen — April 9, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Sarah – I use squeeze bottles from Michaels. They look like this.

Teresa – yes, it’s crazy that they don’t have almond bark out East. In the Midwest you can get it anywhere!

Sarah — April 10, 2010 at 3:37 am

Thanks Jen! These are awesome. I have so many new pages bookmarked since finding your blog. P.S. I was in TJ Maxx tonight and found a jar of polka dot sprinkles, like true big polka dots, and I thought of you!

Baking Away — April 10, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Do you have any Super WalMarts near you? I get them there all the time in Massachusetts. They are carried year round in the baking aisle. I’m not sure if regular WalMarts have them too.

mrs. c — April 11, 2010 at 10:16 pm

These look yummy and I think that my college-age nephews would love them…how whould they travel? Have you got suggestions for things that will travel well in the mail? Thank you

Jen — April 11, 2010 at 11:08 pm

mrs. c – these would travel really well. I like them straight from the fridge or freezer. I would freeze them for a few days prior to mailing. That’s what I do with anything I ship. I have great luck with cookies and brownies going in the mail.

KV — April 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm

have you tried coloring almond bark before? I tried a couple months ago and it was a disaster, so just curious

Jen — April 12, 2010 at 6:23 pm

KV – I have not tried to color almond bark. The Wilton’s candy melts do come in a variety of colors though, so you could use those. They are sold at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Baking Away — April 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Just wanted to clarify that I meant I find almond bark at Super WalMart here in MA. I went back to see if you had responded, and I realized my comment didn’t really make much sense!

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Thanks. I don’t shop much at Walmart… It’s probably better that I can’t find this stuff anywhere, otherwise I’d be making these all the time!

clash of clans gemmes gratuit sans payer — March 17, 2016 at 2:00 am

Retirer en discernement en visitant cette d?mes plaisanteries tel cette contradictoire localité.

OBAT LUKA BAKAR — October 6, 2017 at 10:07 am