Avocado Chocolate Ganache Mousse

Avocados bring a rich creaminess to this thick chocolate ganache-like mousse.

Avocado Ganache Mousse

Making mousse with avocados is nothing new and whoever thought of it first is brilliant. The creaminess of the avocado lends itself perfectly to making a rich thick mousse. It feels like you’re indulging even though you’re really not.

Avocado Ganache Mousse

Now I’m not saying this mousse is a health food. I’m just saying it’s better for you than other chocolate mousse recipes. And the texture is more like a really thick ganache. Which is awesome if you ask me. Hubby wasn’t a fan. He loves the light fluffiness of his mom’s chocolate mousse better. Guess that just means more of this mousse for me!

Avocado Ganache Mousse

I topped my mousse with some slivered almonds. I like the nice crunch. It’s also really good with whipped cream or fresh fruit. I had fun with the mousse and portioned it in to differently shaped bowls to add some flare to the dish. No matter what you serve this in, it’s sure to be a hit.

Avocado Ganache Mousse

Two Years Ago: Hot Chocolate Cookies and Broccoli and Fruit Salad
Three Years Ago: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls and How to Freeze Cinnamon Rolls and Indian Spiced Beans
Four Years Ago: Kitchen Before and After Pics and Cranberry, Caramelized Onion, and Goat Cheese Dip
Six Years Ago: Cake Balls, Oreo Truffles, and Peanut Butter Balls and Vegan Brownies

Print Save

Avocado Chocolate Ganache Mousse

Avocados bring a rich creaminess to this thick chocolate ganache-like mousse.

Yield: Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

2 just ripe avocados
6 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
heaping 1/2 cup cocoa
slivered almonds or other nut, for garnish

Directions:

Place all ingredients, except your garnish, in the bowl of a food processor. Process until completely smooth.

Spoon in to small serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.

Sprinkle almonds on top of mousse and serve.

Recipe adapted from A Splash of Vanilla

10 Responses to “Ina Gartens Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies”

Linds — November 25, 2008 at 1:59 am

Oh my goodness, those look AMAZING!

Ingrid — November 25, 2008 at 3:07 am

Wow, that’s a lot of brownies. They do look heavenly! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    ~ingrid

~Amber~ — November 25, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Wow, these look amazing!

Jen — November 25, 2008 at 5:48 pm

These are amazing! And they’re very chocolatey. Definitely need a glass of milk with them 🙂

Katie — December 1, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Whoa! Those look insanely decadent and delicious!

Glenice — February 27, 2010 at 4:50 am

Hi Jan. These Orio Crunch Brownies look delicious and I would like to try an make them. Being in Australia the recipe needs some clarification for me. How much butter is in a stick? We get butter in 1kg and 500 gm packs… Thanks so much. Just found your blog today and oh! oh!, everything looks so nice. I would like to leave my email address for you: jong2505@hotmail.com

Thanks ever so much…
    Glenice

Sarah — April 13, 2010 at 1:20 am

These look so great! Can I eliminate the instant coffee or is it essential to the taste? I am making these for my 3-year-old niece’s birthday party, and she LOVES chocolate, but I don’t think she should have something with coffee in it. What are your thoughts?

Jen — April 13, 2010 at 11:59 am

Sarah – The coffe in the brownies is there to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. It is not necessary, you could definitely take it out without any issues. I hope you enjoy the brownies!

Sarah — April 19, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Sorry to be a pest with questions, but what kind of pan is the size you mentioned? I did a search online and I got two results – a jelly roll pan and also a much deeper roasting pan. The brownies in your photos look thick but I’m not sure if I need to pick up a new pan. Thanks for all of your help!!! 🙂

Jen — April 21, 2010 at 11:04 am

Sarah – Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The pan I used is 11x17x1. So it’s not very deep. I always call it a jelly roll pan. Hope that helps!