Chocolate Mousse

Hubby claims he’s not a big dessert guy. Or a big chocolate guy. I have a hard time believing that because no matter what I bake, he always wants a bite. But even after everything I’ve made, this chocolate mousse is one of his favorites of all time. We literally have to hide the bowl so there is enough to share with others.

Hubby’s mom makes this for every holiday that we’re home. I’ve never tried to make this, but she gave me the recipe and permission to post it on here (thanks N!)

This mousse is best the day it’s made. If you need to make it in advance, be sure to give it a good stir prior to serving.

Print Save

Chocolate Mousse

Yield: ~20 servings

Ingredients:

6 eggs, at room temp, washed with soap and water, 5 separated, 1 slightly beaten
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 lb chocolate
1/3 c powdered sugar

Directions:

Using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer, beat the 5 egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl, whip cream with powdered sugar.

In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate. Add the beaten egg and mix together. Beat in the egg yolks of the 5 separated eggs. Mix chocolate mixture together with whipped cream. Carefully fold in the egg whites. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.

Note, if using white chocolate, it needs to be melted with some liquor, milk, or cream.

Recipe from Hubby's mom

Check out my week of Family Favorites here.

10 Responses to “Double Fudge Brownies”

Mandy — October 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE brownies!!! Will definitely try out this recipe… soon.

(Just can’t let my husband know, who is a personal trainer, lol!)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm

These were seriously the best brownies ever! I can’t wait to re-use this recipe!

Sheila — October 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Those look outrageously delicious!!!

Courtney — October 1, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I love me a good brownie – but can you believe that I haven’t actually made homemade brownies. I really must change that!!

Evan B — October 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Who doesn’t love brownies?! I don’t know if I could wait a whole night and not devour these immediately out of the oven!

nutmegnanny — October 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Yum! I love brownies! I’m thinking I actually might make some right now 🙂

Megan — October 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

You have way more willpower than I do. I rarely let brownies cool. I love when they’re warm and gooey… and yes, then throw some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge and whipped cream on top!

I was good, and I let my KAF brownies rest overnight though.

THE OLD GEEZER — October 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm

HAHA, I totally cracked up at this post for two reasons: I love that you used the expression “Get outta town!” and that you posted the pic of our brownies that were, the best brownies ever. See? We just knew..

Great post, as always!