Vegan Brownies – 3 WW pts each

I have been craving a big fat brownie for a couple days now. Unfortunately, I got a sinus infection and couldn’t do much, but once I started feeling better, I knew what I wanted to do. I found a Vegan brownie recipe and it turned out pretty darn good. It definitely satisfied my craving! I made a few modifications to the recipe and they still turned out great.

Vegan Brownie (from Allrecipes.com) – makes 242 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water – I used 1 1/2 cups of soy milk1 cup vegetable oil I used 1/2 cup1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

I wanted to add some nuts to some of the brownies, so I decided to add nuts to 1/3, swirled chocolate/PB chocolate chips to 1/3 and left 1/3 plain. Hubby liked the ones with the PB/choco-chips best. I liked the plain ones best.

Ahh… this is the best way to enjoy a brownie – warm with vanilla ice cream (Tofutti for me) over the top. MMmmmm!!

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)

1 serving: 153.9 Calories, 5.4 g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 127.3 mg Sodium, 62.1 mg Potassium, 25.5 g Carbs, 2.0 g Dietary Fiber, 18.0 g Sugar, 2.3 g Protein WW POINTS = 3

10 Responses to “S’mores Cookie Bars”

Heather — December 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Yum! They look really good. But I do not like marshmallow fluff. To me, it doesn’t even really taste like marshmallow, and has a weird chemical taste. Nast.

Have you ever tried these ones? REAL marshmallows! 🙂 Maybe there is a way to combine your recipe (the cookie part) with this?

laurasrecipecollection.com — December 2, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Wow, those look awesome!

Cupcake Activist — December 2, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I love s’mores!

Ingrid — December 3, 2009 at 4:16 am

I’ve made these several times and I’d have to say they’re my favorite “s’mores” dessert!
    ~ingrid

Jelli Bean — December 3, 2009 at 3:50 pm

You’ve got me wanting to pop a couple grahams, chocolate, and marshmallows into my toaster over for a quick fix. These look really good. I don’t think marshmallow fluff exists here in Central America, but these bars look sensational.

stephchows — December 3, 2009 at 4:41 pm

oh yum! count me in for this one for sure!! I could go for a nice campfire too right about now 🙂

nutmegnanny — December 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Oh my goodness! These look awesome….yum!

Dorothy — December 3, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Those look great! Would you believe I never had “true” s’mores (with toasted marshmallows) until this year?!?!

I named you for the “Kreativ Blogger” award! Love your blog, though I’m more of a lurker than a commenter 🙂 Here’s the link if you want to grab the badge for your page:

Amanda — June 9, 2010 at 1:21 pm

wow! im loving everything here. 🙂 –Cafe Guru

Kris — June 12, 2010 at 2:06 am

I just made these and they are awesome!!! thanks so much!!!!