Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes

As I mentioned yesterday, I had some leftover ganache in the fridge. Since I was trying to empty it out, I decided to make some cupcakes for Hubby too. These are just a variation on my dairy-free ice cream cupcakes.

I used the same cupcakes, but used regular ice cream and then topped with ganache. Once the ganache set, I drizzled the strawberry cream cheese glaze over the top.

And just for fun, I did that again. Hubby loved these little treats.

I am submitting these cupcakes into the blogging event hosted by Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious. Be sure to check back to vote for their reader’s choice cupcakes. Voting will be the first week in June.

10 Responses to “Strawberry Rhubarb Pie”

Lauren — June 29, 2010 at 11:40 am

Fantastic job with the lattice top! The pie looks awesome :).

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — June 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm

It does look really pretty. I’ve never had the patience to do a lattice top. It sounds delicious!

Sherry G — June 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I’m furious with myself for still never having a rhubarb pie! This is truly a good looking pie; very rustic and pretty!

bcallegra — June 30, 2010 at 1:43 am

Truly a work of art! I’m kind of intimidated by pies so I’m in awe of your pie making skills. That pie looks like it’s ready for a magazine cover! 🙂

nutmegnanny — June 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Strawberry rhubarb pie is one of my favorites 🙂

Jen — July 3, 2010 at 1:21 am

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Mine is in the oven as I type. Hopefully, it comes out half as good as yours!

Jenni @ Project Cookie 365 — July 3, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I just have to thank you for this recipe!! It’s the first time I’ve made a pie that wasn’t all runny when cut. I was so happy to have pieces that stayed intact!!
    Also, I didn’t need the foil at any point – the crust didn’t overbrown, it was just perfect.
    I’ll be using this again and again!

Victoria — March 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

can i omit rhubarb and just put strawberries? will it make a difference?

beantownbaker — March 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I haven’t tried using this recipe with just strawberries. You might want to cut back on some of the sugar. Rhubarb is very tart, so you always have to put a lot of sugar into rhubarb recipes.

Brian — February 6, 2018 at 7:51 am

ahh, i can already hear the crunchy sound in my mouth!