Our Thanksgiving Menu 2013

Ok I’ve been talking a LOT about Thanksgiving these last couple of weeks. I thought I’d share with you guys what our final menu is looking like. It’s got all the classics and a few extras just for fun. Our plan is to eat around 2pm and then have dessert, coffee, and leftovers later in the evening.

For beverages, I’m doing champagne, red wine, and a selection of beers. Oh and something for the people who aren’t drinking. In our family, that just means the kids under 21… So I still need to figure that out.

Deviled Eggs

For appetizers, I’m keeping it simple. Don’t want people filling up on food before the main event. Hubby loves, deviled eggs, so we’ll just be having those.

Homemade Green Bean Casserole

For the meal, we’re doing the following:
Rolls from the Beef House in Indiana
Seven Layer Salad
Brined and Roasted Turkey
Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce
Sausage, Kale, and Butternut Squash Stuffing
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Turnip Puff
Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Gravy (made by Hubby’s step-father)
Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts

Pecan Pie Cookies

And for dessert, I’m still finalizing things, but these are definitely on the menu
Depths of Fall Pie
Chocolate Mousse
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake
Pumpkin Pie (again, by Hubby’s step-father)
Freshly whipped cream
A variety of homemade ice creams, still TBD

I’d love to hear what you’re making for Thanksgiving. Especially when it comes to desserts. I’m definitely not afraid to try new desserts and some of the desserts I have planned are negotiable (others are not!)

7 Responses to “Recipe Ideas for Thanksgiving”

Megan — November 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Can I have ALL of these dishes for Thanksgiving?? 😉

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 13, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Great ideas!

PS, Carbomb cupcakes are happening tomorrow!!

Julia — November 14, 2010 at 12:59 am

Thank you for all of the yummy recipes that you posted on your blog. I especially like the recipe for Squash Bisque. I just bought a butternut squash and didn’t know what to do with it, so I completely understand the dilemma that you were in! I am going to try it and if it turns out well, then I am going to make it for Thanksgiving. I am always in search for new recipes for the holiday. I work with Better Recipes.com and if you are in search for the same, I recommend you check out their Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas

Kathleen — November 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm

This looks like a great list of Thanksgiving dishes. Love your post on apple slab as well. I think I’m going to make one next week so I have it ready for Thanksgiving.

Rachel Blumenthal — November 15, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Congrats! Your acorn squash photo has been featured as a Photo of the Week on BostonFoodBloggers.com: http://www.bostonfoodbloggers.com/2010/11/photos-of-week.html

Nutmeg Nanny — November 15, 2010 at 8:14 pm

So many great Thanksgiving recipes! Yum!

Megan — November 16, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I think I’m just making desserts this year, but I may sneak in that cranberry, caramelized onion, and goat cheese dip as well. Going to check out the recipe now.