Our Thanksgiving Menu 2013

Ok I’ve been talking a LOT about Thanksgiving these last couple of weeks. I thought I’d share with you guys what our final menu is looking like. It’s got all the classics and a few extras just for fun. Our plan is to eat around 2pm and then have dessert, coffee, and leftovers later in the evening.

For beverages, I’m doing champagne, red wine, and a selection of beers. Oh and something for the people who aren’t drinking. In our family, that just means the kids under 21… So I still need to figure that out.

Deviled Eggs

For appetizers, I’m keeping it simple. Don’t want people filling up on food before the main event. Hubby loves, deviled eggs, so we’ll just be having those.

Homemade Green Bean Casserole

For the meal, we’re doing the following:
Rolls from the Beef House in Indiana
Seven Layer Salad
Brined and Roasted Turkey
Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce
Sausage, Kale, and Butternut Squash Stuffing
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Turnip Puff
Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Gravy (made by Hubby’s step-father)
Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts

Pecan Pie Cookies

And for dessert, I’m still finalizing things, but these are definitely on the menu
Depths of Fall Pie
Chocolate Mousse
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake
Pumpkin Pie (again, by Hubby’s step-father)
Freshly whipped cream
A variety of homemade ice creams, still TBD

I’d love to hear what you’re making for Thanksgiving. Especially when it comes to desserts. I’m definitely not afraid to try new desserts and some of the desserts I have planned are negotiable (others are not!)

7 Responses to “Apple Slab”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm

You are my hero for emailing the hotline! I always assume that bakers like you and Megan know every trick to baking…but it weirdly comforts me that you get nervous sometimes too!

We Are Not Martha — November 10, 2010 at 4:30 pm

How cool! This is so unique and fun-looking. And I love that you contacted the KAF hotline… I’m definitely going to have to do that in the future!

Sues

Allison@KingArthurFlour — November 10, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Glad you used the hotline! I called it this weekend for a cake question. So helpful!

Happy baking season!

purple squirrel — November 11, 2010 at 12:39 am

These look great!
    Nice to check out your blog~ I’m just north of you, and it looks like your food choices lately are VERY similar to mine! Must be the “air” in New England! 🙂

Jen — November 11, 2010 at 3:16 am

Oh I totally have no shame in asking for help. Like I always say, I’m really good at following recipes, but the second I have to do something out of the ordinary, I get really nervous…

Nutmeg Nanny — November 15, 2010 at 8:10 pm

How nice to know they are there for help you out!

This dessert looks great. Perfect for Fall 🙂

Megan — November 17, 2010 at 8:05 pm

One of the many reasons I love KAF! I think this is a great thing to have in the freezer for last-minute company or planning ahead. I only wish I had seen it when I still had a surplus of apples!