Our Thanksgiving Menu 2013

Ok I’ve been talking a LOT about Thanksgiving these last couple of weeks. I thought I’d share with you guys what our final menu is looking like. It’s got all the classics and a few extras just for fun. Our plan is to eat around 2pm and then have dessert, coffee, and leftovers later in the evening.

For beverages, I’m doing champagne, red wine, and a selection of beers. Oh and something for the people who aren’t drinking. In our family, that just means the kids under 21… So I still need to figure that out.

Deviled Eggs

For appetizers, I’m keeping it simple. Don’t want people filling up on food before the main event. Hubby loves, deviled eggs, so we’ll just be having those.

Homemade Green Bean Casserole

For the meal, we’re doing the following:
Rolls from the Beef House in Indiana
Seven Layer Salad
Brined and Roasted Turkey
Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce
Sausage, Kale, and Butternut Squash Stuffing
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Turnip Puff
Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Gravy (made by Hubby’s step-father)
Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts

Pecan Pie Cookies

And for dessert, I’m still finalizing things, but these are definitely on the menu
Depths of Fall Pie
Chocolate Mousse
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake
Pumpkin Pie (again, by Hubby’s step-father)
Freshly whipped cream
A variety of homemade ice creams, still TBD

I’d love to hear what you’re making for Thanksgiving. Especially when it comes to desserts. I’m definitely not afraid to try new desserts and some of the desserts I have planned are negotiable (others are not!)

8 Responses to “Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce”

dinner — November 13, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all important infos.
    I’d like to see extra posts like this .

Karen - Cinnamon Freud — November 16, 2013 at 12:52 am

This cranberry sauce sounds great! I love, love, love cranberry sauce (so much I make it all November and December as a side for dinner). Definitely may be giving this one a try soon

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who eats cranberry sauce on days that aren’t holidays!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm

This cranberry sauce sounds so perfect 🙂 I love it!

Teresa — November 21, 2013 at 11:45 pm

This looks lovely! When you say to add everything except the sugar are you referring to the white sugar only? So the brown sugar would still go in with the port, balsamic, figs, herbs, etc.? Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

Sorry about the confusion. I updated the recipe. Yes, add the brown sugar, but not the white sugar.

Cathy — December 4, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hello, made this cranberry sauce and it was great. Loved the flavors in it. We also made traditional cranberry sauce (with OJ) so I do have both kinds leftover. Can’t wait to bake with both of them in some muffins. Thanks

• beantownbaker — December 4th, 2013 @ 11:53 am

Glad you enjoyed it. I have some leftover too. I think I’m going to make some bars out of the leftovers…