Our Thanksgiving Menu 2013

Ok I’ve been talking a LOT about Thanksgiving these last couple of weeks. I thought I’d share with you guys what our final menu is looking like. It’s got all the classics and a few extras just for fun. Our plan is to eat around 2pm and then have dessert, coffee, and leftovers later in the evening.

For beverages, I’m doing champagne, red wine, and a selection of beers. Oh and something for the people who aren’t drinking. In our family, that just means the kids under 21… So I still need to figure that out.

Deviled Eggs

For appetizers, I’m keeping it simple. Don’t want people filling up on food before the main event. Hubby loves, deviled eggs, so we’ll just be having those.

Homemade Green Bean Casserole

For the meal, we’re doing the following:
Rolls from the Beef House in Indiana
Seven Layer Salad
Brined and Roasted Turkey
Fig and Port Cranberry Sauce
Sausage, Kale, and Butternut Squash Stuffing
Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Turnip Puff
Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Gravy (made by Hubby’s step-father)
Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts

Pecan Pie Cookies

And for dessert, I’m still finalizing things, but these are definitely on the menu
Depths of Fall Pie
Chocolate Mousse
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake
Pumpkin Pie (again, by Hubby’s step-father)
Freshly whipped cream
A variety of homemade ice creams, still TBD

I’d love to hear what you’re making for Thanksgiving. Especially when it comes to desserts. I’m definitely not afraid to try new desserts and some of the desserts I have planned are negotiable (others are not!)

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!