Deviled Eggs

Hubby LOVES Deviled Eggs. Honestly, loves them. Whenever we make them for get togethers, I have to hide the fact that they’re being made until right before people arrive so he doesn’t eat them all. Sometimes, when he’s stressed, I’ll whip up 2 or 3 eggs worth for him and he starts smiling instantly.

Deviled Eggs are such a classic appetizer and I know a lot of people have their own family recipes for making them. I learned from my mom and I really just throw things together and taste as I go. But when I set out to make our Family Cookbook, I forced myself to use measuring spoons and write it up as a recipe. I even posted these, over 4 years ago, but didn’t have measurements in that recipe.

One last note about Deviled Eggs. If you are like me and don’t have one of those special egg plates to serve your eggs, you can simply line a serving tray with leafy greens. Not only will it prevent your eggs from sliding all over the place, it also adds a great splash of color.

One Year Ago: My Favorite Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Two Years Ago: Rice and Beans

Print Save

Deviled Eggs

This classic appetizer is always a hit!

Ingredients:

2 Hard boiled eggs
1 tsp yellow mustard
Pinch of sugar
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
Paprika, for garnish

Directions:

Peel eggs and cut in 1/2 lengthwise.

Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Smash all the yolks up.

Add mustard, mayonnaise, and sugar until you like the taste.

Using a melon-baller (or a spoon) scoop yolk mixture into the whites of the eggs.

This recipe scales up and down very well.

11 Responses to “Indian Spiced Chickpeas with Spinach”

USA Kiwi (Kylee) — February 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

I love a good indian spiced dish – this looks great, and would be perfect to eat at lunchtime!

Shannon — February 20, 2013 at 10:33 am

this sounds great- so quick and full of flavor, perfect for weekday lunches! hope things are going well in cinci!

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:25 am

Thanks – things are starting to get settled here. We are closing on a house in a few weeks, so we’ll be moving again soon. Hope all is going well for you back in Boston!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 21, 2013 at 9:37 am

I hope you are finding Ohio welcoming…even though it’s cold! These chickpeas seem like the perfect dish to help you feel warm and cozy.

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:26 am

Thanks! We are finding Ohio welcoming. Everyone here is so nice (even if they can’t merge in to traffic to save their life…)

Erica @ In and Around Town — February 21, 2013 at 9:50 am

Chick peas and spinach – always make for a delicious and hearty meal! Definitely a good choice.

gerry — February 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Is there a substitute for garam masala?

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:28 am

Garam Masala has a unique flavor, but it is made from a combination of other spices so I’m sure you could find a substitute on the internet somewhere…

Julia — March 9, 2013 at 2:42 am

This is the perfect go-to recipe for a busy lifestyle…healthful, tasty and so easy to throw together! I hope things settle down for you and your hubs and your place begins feeling more warm and cozy! Meanwhile, you have a delicious satisfying recipe to comfort you!

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen — March 10, 2013 at 11:28 am

Oh yum, this looks so warming and delicious!