Deviled Eggs

Hubby LOVES Deviled Eggs. Honestly, loves them. Whenever we make them for get togethers, I have to hide the fact that they’re being made until right before people arrive so he doesn’t eat them all. Sometimes, when he’s stressed, I’ll whip up 2 or 3 eggs worth for him and he starts smiling instantly.

Deviled Eggs are such a classic appetizer and I know a lot of people have their own family recipes for making them. I learned from my mom and I really just throw things together and taste as I go. But when I set out to make our Family Cookbook, I forced myself to use measuring spoons and write it up as a recipe. I even posted these, over 4 years ago, but didn’t have measurements in that recipe.

One last note about Deviled Eggs. If you are like me and don’t have one of those special egg plates to serve your eggs, you can simply line a serving tray with leafy greens. Not only will it prevent your eggs from sliding all over the place, it also adds a great splash of color.

One Year Ago: My Favorite Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Two Years Ago: Rice and Beans

Print Save

Deviled Eggs

This classic appetizer is always a hit!

Ingredients:

2 Hard boiled eggs
1 tsp yellow mustard
Pinch of sugar
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
Paprika, for garnish

Directions:

Peel eggs and cut in 1/2 lengthwise.

Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Smash all the yolks up.

Add mustard, mayonnaise, and sugar until you like the taste.

Using a melon-baller (or a spoon) scoop yolk mixture into the whites of the eggs.

This recipe scales up and down very well.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂