Deviled Eggs

Hubby LOVES Deviled Eggs. Honestly, loves them. Whenever we make them for get togethers, I have to hide the fact that they’re being made until right before people arrive so he doesn’t eat them all. Sometimes, when he’s stressed, I’ll whip up 2 or 3 eggs worth for him and he starts smiling instantly.

Deviled Eggs are such a classic appetizer and I know a lot of people have their own family recipes for making them. I learned from my mom and I really just throw things together and taste as I go. But when I set out to make our Family Cookbook, I forced myself to use measuring spoons and write it up as a recipe. I even posted these, over 4 years ago, but didn’t have measurements in that recipe.

One last note about Deviled Eggs. If you are like me and don’t have one of those special egg plates to serve your eggs, you can simply line a serving tray with leafy greens. Not only will it prevent your eggs from sliding all over the place, it also adds a great splash of color.

One Year Ago: My Favorite Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Two Years Ago: Rice and Beans

Print Save

Deviled Eggs

This classic appetizer is always a hit!

Ingredients:

2 Hard boiled eggs
1 tsp yellow mustard
Pinch of sugar
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
Paprika, for garnish

Directions:

Peel eggs and cut in 1/2 lengthwise.

Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Smash all the yolks up.

Add mustard, mayonnaise, and sugar until you like the taste.

Using a melon-baller (or a spoon) scoop yolk mixture into the whites of the eggs.

This recipe scales up and down very well.

7 Responses to “Recipe Ideas for Thanksgiving”

Megan — November 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Can I have ALL of these dishes for Thanksgiving?? 😉

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 13, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Great ideas!

PS, Carbomb cupcakes are happening tomorrow!!

Julia — November 14, 2010 at 12:59 am

Thank you for all of the yummy recipes that you posted on your blog. I especially like the recipe for Squash Bisque. I just bought a butternut squash and didn’t know what to do with it, so I completely understand the dilemma that you were in! I am going to try it and if it turns out well, then I am going to make it for Thanksgiving. I am always in search for new recipes for the holiday. I work with Better Recipes.com and if you are in search for the same, I recommend you check out their Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas

Kathleen — November 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm

This looks like a great list of Thanksgiving dishes. Love your post on apple slab as well. I think I’m going to make one next week so I have it ready for Thanksgiving.

Rachel Blumenthal — November 15, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Congrats! Your acorn squash photo has been featured as a Photo of the Week on BostonFoodBloggers.com: http://www.bostonfoodbloggers.com/2010/11/photos-of-week.html

Nutmeg Nanny — November 15, 2010 at 8:14 pm

So many great Thanksgiving recipes! Yum!

Megan — November 16, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I think I’m just making desserts this year, but I may sneak in that cranberry, caramelized onion, and goat cheese dip as well. Going to check out the recipe now.