Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

Once I decided to make homemade ginger beer, I knew I wanted to make a float of some sort with it. Once we tasted just how spicy the ginger beer came out, I knew it needed to be something sweet, like this raspberry sorbet.

Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

This was a match made in summertime treat heaven. Drinking it through a straw before the sorbet melted yields a spicy gingery drink with hints of raspberry. But as the sorbet melts into a slush, you get a well balanced sweet and spicy concoction sure to cool you down from the summer’s heat.

Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

No recipe for this post today. I simply scooped some raspberry sorbet in to a cup, topped it off with some ginger beer, and served it with a fun straw. You could obviously use store-bought versions of these components if you want as well.

Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

One Year Ago: Spiced Meat Rub
Three Years Ago: Tzatziki Sauce and Chicken Gyros
Four Years Ago: Square Cake Balls
Five Years Ago: Monster Cookies

8 Responses to “Vegan chocolate / banana / caramel cupcakes”

Joelen — February 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Oh my! These look fabulous!!!

Elizabeth — February 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I love vegan chocolate cupcakes – and these look delicious. I can’t wait to try them!

Koo-Bean Cuisine — February 20, 2009 at 12:17 am

These just made me so excited!!! They sound amazing and better yet…VEGAN! Thank you for posting this!

Jodi — February 21, 2009 at 12:08 am

I saw these on Tastespotting and want to try, but — for the mousse what type of chocolate chips are you using? All of the ones I’ve seen in the store have milk fat in them. I’m new to vegan cooking, so maybe this is still non-dairy? My son is allergic which is why I’ve been trying many new vegan recipes!

foodess — February 21, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Wow, those look over-the-moon good!

Amy Kingman — August 27, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I’m totally making these tonight! I dont have the fancy caramel sauce, but hopefully they’ll still be edible with regular caramel. 🙂 Yum!

Lexi — September 4, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Jodi- Gihrardelli semisweet chocolate chips do not have any milkfat in them.

These look fantastic-I am allergic to dairy, and have been finding it sooo hard to sate my sweet tooth and not pay for it later.

Me — August 16, 2010 at 12:46 am

They look fab! Thanks for sharing. I have included your site in our Vegan cupcake feature at http://www.partycupcakeideas.com