Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

Once I decided to make homemade ginger beer, I knew I wanted to make a float of some sort with it. Once we tasted just how spicy the ginger beer came out, I knew it needed to be something sweet, like this raspberry sorbet.

Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

This was a match made in summertime treat heaven. Drinking it through a straw before the sorbet melted yields a spicy gingery drink with hints of raspberry. But as the sorbet melts into a slush, you get a well balanced sweet and spicy concoction sure to cool you down from the summer’s heat.

Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

No recipe for this post today. I simply scooped some raspberry sorbet in to a cup, topped it off with some ginger beer, and served it with a fun straw. You could obviously use store-bought versions of these components if you want as well.

Raspberry Sorbet and Ginger Beer Floats

One Year Ago: Spiced Meat Rub
Three Years Ago: Tzatziki Sauce and Chicken Gyros
Four Years Ago: Square Cake Balls
Five Years Ago: Monster Cookies

7 Responses to “Apple Slab”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm

You are my hero for emailing the hotline! I always assume that bakers like you and Megan know every trick to baking…but it weirdly comforts me that you get nervous sometimes too!

We Are Not Martha — November 10, 2010 at 4:30 pm

How cool! This is so unique and fun-looking. And I love that you contacted the KAF hotline… I’m definitely going to have to do that in the future!

Sues

Allison@KingArthurFlour — November 10, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Glad you used the hotline! I called it this weekend for a cake question. So helpful!

Happy baking season!

purple squirrel — November 11, 2010 at 12:39 am

These look great!
    Nice to check out your blog~ I’m just north of you, and it looks like your food choices lately are VERY similar to mine! Must be the “air” in New England! 🙂

Jen — November 11, 2010 at 3:16 am

Oh I totally have no shame in asking for help. Like I always say, I’m really good at following recipes, but the second I have to do something out of the ordinary, I get really nervous…

Nutmeg Nanny — November 15, 2010 at 8:10 pm

How nice to know they are there for help you out!

This dessert looks great. Perfect for Fall 🙂

Megan — November 17, 2010 at 8:05 pm

One of the many reasons I love KAF! I think this is a great thing to have in the freezer for last-minute company or planning ahead. I only wish I had seen it when I still had a surplus of apples!