Tzatziki sauce

Tzatziki sauce is awesome. If anyone knows how to properly pronounce it, I’d love to be enlightened. I just usually call it yogurt sauce. Hubby knows what I’m talking about when I say that. This sauce goes with a variety of things and you can even just dip veggies in it.

Dill is probably my second favorite herb behind Cilantro. I have a somewhat obsessive love with cilantro. But dill isn’t as versatile in my mind, so we rarely have it in the house. Some day I’ll have an herb garden. First I have to learn how to get our cats (well actually it’s just Nemo) not to eat any plant that is in the house. But I digress. So I love dill and put a lot in this sauce. Feel free to put however much you like.

One Year Ago: Chorizo, Shrimp,and Lentil Stew
Two Years Ago: 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Print Save

Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients:

16 ounces (2 cups) of Greek yogurt
5 cloves of garlic, pressed
Half of a cucumber, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
fresh dill to taste

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together very well.

Place tzatziki in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.

Stir again before serving.

Recipe adapted from The Rookie Chef

9 Responses to “Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes”

Connie — November 8, 2013 at 11:45 am

What a great idea to freeze the excess chipotle chiles! Much less waste, and perfectly portioned. I do freeze buttermilk in 1/2 cup increments because I never use up the whole carton when I buy it.

• beantownbaker — November 8th, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

Oh I’ve never frozen dairy before. Does it defrost well?

Connie — November 8, 2013 at 2:18 pm

It does get a little curdled looking but I only use it for baking cakes. I haven’t noticed any discernible difference in texture or flavor in the resulting cakes.

• beantownbaker — November 10th, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

Good to know. I’ll have to keep that in mind because I never use the whole carton either. I tend to just make my own buttermilk with milk + vinegar but sometimes I buy it then struggle with how to use it all.

Shannon — November 9, 2013 at 9:32 am

i like adding in a not traveling to the rotation! might have to employ that one here 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 10th, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

It was seriously one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. We’ve done a variety of things on our holidays where we don’t travel.

Karen @ The Food Charlatan — November 22, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Hey Jen! I JUST made these potatoes and posted them today. Alton Brown knows his stuff right? Then I saw your picture on pinterest and was like hm I wonder if that’s the same recipe…? Great minds think alike! I added green onions and bacon to mine, because, well, bacon makes everything better. Right? 🙂 Great post! http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2013/11/22/chipotle-sweet-potatoes-with-bacon/

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

Bacon definitely makes everything better. Great minds do think alike!

Baked Potato Oven — January 14, 2014 at 4:02 am

I am gonna try this on coming weekend and hope its looks at least nice in the texture and in color,because i am not so good in cooking:). Anyway Looking forward to more of your yummy dishes mate!!!