Tzatziki sauce

Tzatziki sauce is awesome. If anyone knows how to properly pronounce it, I’d love to be enlightened. I just usually call it yogurt sauce. Hubby knows what I’m talking about when I say that. This sauce goes with a variety of things and you can even just dip veggies in it.

Dill is probably my second favorite herb behind Cilantro. I have a somewhat obsessive love with cilantro. But dill isn’t as versatile in my mind, so we rarely have it in the house. Some day I’ll have an herb garden. First I have to learn how to get our cats (well actually it’s just Nemo) not to eat any plant that is in the house. But I digress. So I love dill and put a lot in this sauce. Feel free to put however much you like.

One Year Ago: Chorizo, Shrimp,and Lentil Stew
Two Years Ago: 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Print Save

Tzatziki Sauce

16 ounces (2 cups) of Greek yogurt
5 cloves of garlic, pressed
Half of a cucumber, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
fresh dill to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together very well.

Place tzatziki in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.

Stir again before serving.

Recipe adapted from The Rookie Chef

15 Responses to “Homemade Curry Ketchup”

Haley — June 7, 2013 at 9:06 am

I had curry ketchup for the first time at a restaurant called “Big Orange” when my husband and I went out for a date night. They served it with sweet potato fries, which I thought was an interesting choice. My husband loved it! I didn’t think it was bad, but I think I would have liked it better with something that wasn’t sweet potato. 😉

• beantownbaker — June 7th, 2013 @ 9:11 am

Oh that is an interesting combination… I might have to try that with some of the ketchup I have in the fridge…

Your Favorite Brooklynite :) — June 7, 2013 at 6:35 pm

This sounds amazing…Any time you want to jump on a plane to go back to Germany, just let me know!

• beantownbaker — June 9th, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

We might have to make that happen! Have fun in Thailand

Chef Andy — June 11, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I’ve made several different ketchup recipes before but I’ve never thought about curry ketchup. This sounds fantastic! I can’t wait to try it!

• beantownbaker — June 11th, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

I hope you enjoy it – the curry is strong enough to be noticeable but not overpowering.

Nutmeg Nanny — June 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Oh wow, I love this so much 🙂 I have been on a major curry kick lately so this is perfect!

• beantownbaker — June 14th, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

Then you would definitely enjoy it. And you can use your favorite curry in it and make it just how you like.

DGH — October 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for posting this recipe! I plan to try it out soon.

I went to school in Munich and loved/love it, but you really should visit Berlin on your next trip to Germany. Specifically, for the currywurst lover, check out Curry 36, Konnopke and Witty’s (on Wittenberg Platz across from the wonderful KaDeWe department store, with its incredible food halls). And if you can also make it over to Hamburg, don’t miss Curry Queen!

San Francisco, California

• beantownbaker — October 29th, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. We’re definitely planning to get back to Germany at some point. I hope you enjoy the ketchup!

David H — June 19, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I’ve used this recipe twice now and I love it! I personally add about 3 tbsp. of ground curry and cut the brown sugar back to 1/4 cup so it’s a little less sweet. Thanks so much for this awesome recipe!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:15 pm

Glad you have enjoyed this recipe! I need to make more soon.

Kristopher — August 30, 2014 at 2:02 am

Excellent article. I definitely appreciate this site. Keep it

custom clothing — June 1, 2016 at 1:24 am

You must know if you want the t-shirts for kids, for advertisements or for
    personal use. Click here to find a store near you for
    shirt alterations. This is because sorority or fraternity members
    are the only people who can wear Greek outfit.

Michael Fruin — June 10, 2016 at 7:53 am

Can this be water bath canned safely? If so for how long please?