Monster Cookies

These little cookies are so good. I was a little skeptical because there is no flour used in this recipe, but with all those oats, you just don’t need it. I’ve never had a Monster Cookie before but I’m sure glad I tried them! They have a little bit of everything in them and you can make them with whatever you want. I chose to use M&Ms and raisins. The flavors complimented the peanut butter batter well.
Monster Cookies – from Made with Love – makes ~3.5 dozen3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup M&Ms
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

8 Responses to “Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak”

admin — February 6, 2010 at 4:59 pm

such a cute idea!

Jeanette — February 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

You are so creative!

Carlos — February 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Woohoo can’t wait for the party!

A Scientist in the Kitchen — February 7, 2010 at 7:13 am

I’m having my first Superbowl Sunday ever, and I can’t wait for the food! Did I say I’m also having my first snow? 🙂

Gay

Sunshine — February 7, 2010 at 2:46 pm

My sister and I did something similar last night. We got a box of white cake mix, followed the instructions, separated it into 2 bowls, and dyed one bowl a dark blue and the other black. After baking, we dyed a bowl of frosting yellow for the black cupcakes and left the rest white. They look pretty cool, and we can’t wait for the family to see it. Next time, I’m going to try the team logos. Thanks for the good idea.

Cookie is my hero! — February 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Wow, let those creative juices flow! I like this idea ALOT :p

The Utts — September 6, 2010 at 12:22 am

What brand of candy melts did you use? I’m having a hard time finding the dark blue. I am wondering if I can take the light blue ones and tint them darker.

Jen — September 12, 2010 at 1:00 am

The Utts – I found the dark blue candy melts at AC Moore about a year ago. I know Wilton doesn’t make dark blue. I found them online as well since I can’t remember what brand they were. Here’s a link to where you can order some online.