Monster Cookies

These little cookies are so good. I was a little skeptical because there is no flour used in this recipe, but with all those oats, you just don’t need it. I’ve never had a Monster Cookie before but I’m sure glad I tried them! They have a little bit of everything in them and you can make them with whatever you want. I chose to use M&Ms and raisins. The flavors complimented the peanut butter batter well.
Monster Cookies – from Made with Love – makes ~3.5 dozen3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup M&Ms
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

10 Responses to “Homemade OREOS!”

Erin — April 23, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I’ve been wanting to try these for a long time! They look delicious!

Angie — April 23, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Oh, thank you for posting these… I know I could have just googled it but I was planning on looking up the recipe today because I think I’m gonna try them this weekend for lunch snacks next week!

Mrs D — April 23, 2009 at 1:42 pm

They look so yummy!

Joelen — April 23, 2009 at 1:46 pm

This looks great and it’s a recipe I have yet to try!

Kerstin — April 23, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Those are the perfect dunkable treats! They are so cute and look yummy too!

Suzy — April 23, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Great job on the oreos…They look delish, I’ll have to try them. Deb and hubby are enroute to Pioneer Woman’s ranch, if you didn’t already know. Keep up with her antics over the weekend!

Netts Nook — April 27, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Home made OREO’S I am impressed. They look perfect.

Memoria — April 27, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I made these a few days ago, too! I made Oreo cupcakes with them the next day. They were very yummy and quick to make!

Micco — December 5, 2009 at 12:17 am

I’m going to take the vegan approach to your recipe tonight, but I noticed you don’t have round cookie cutters. If you’re ever in need of an impromptu cutter (e.g. for biscuits), any round, empty shape will work. In fact, the other day, I made window cookies using a mug and a pill cap. No one was the wiser.

Excited to try the recipe – especially since I don’t have to cut anything. Thanks!

themilkmanswife — January 21, 2010 at 2:23 am

Thanks for sharing these with me! I’ll have to give this filling a whirl for my Oreo loving husband! 🙂