Lemon Berry Muffins – 2 WW pts

I like to make muffins on the weekend. I put each one in its own ziplock bag and throw them all in the freezer. Then Hubby and I just grab one in the morning when we leave for work. This recipe sounded interesting to me because I like lemon. Hubby loves these and they’re only 2 pts each!

Lemon Berry Muffins – 2 WW pts (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup plain yogurt – I made once w/ blueberry yogurt and it was great
3 tablespoons vegetable oil – I use applesauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice – I use the juice and zest from 1 lemon
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional) – I leave this out
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour – I use King Arthurs White Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 cup frozen raspberries – I use 2 cups of frozen berry medley (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
2 tablespoons white sugar for decoration (optional) – I leave this out

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.

In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, egg whites, and, if using, lemon extract.

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Gently stir in the frozen raspberries.

Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining sugar over the tops for decoration, if desired.

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.

26 Responses to “Vanilla Peach Bourbon Jam”

thecookingnurse — August 7, 2009 at 1:17 pm

What a neat exchange! Your jam flavor sound delish!

stephchows — August 7, 2009 at 1:43 pm

oh YUMMMM!!! I love the color!! Peach with vanilla… I think I need to go peach picking this weekend 🙂 As for your Q I’ll answer it here and on my blog. The reason there is no pectin is because raspberries naturally have a very high level of it in them, when I make my raspberry jam (posted yesterday) I only use raspberries and sugar, that’s it! And it gels up without any problem 🙂 As for processing, I say jar it up and boil the jars for 10 minutes and then let them cool overnight like normal. Can’t wait to hear how it tastes!

Jen — August 7, 2009 at 2:16 pm

That makes sense about the raspberries having pectin in them. Thanks for the help for a jam newbie!

Danielle Hawes — August 7, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Ohhh I want to make this!!

nutmegnanny — August 7, 2009 at 9:29 pm

What a yummy jam! I bet it taste amazing:)

Kevin — August 8, 2009 at 12:48 am

I really like the sound of a peach jam with vanilla bean and bourbon!

Jessica Segarra — August 10, 2009 at 2:56 am

One day soon I really really want to make my own Jam! Yours looks fabulous!

Kerstin — August 11, 2009 at 4:18 am

Wow, what an amazing flavor combo, I’m completely impressed you made your own jam – it looks fabulous!

Anna — August 20, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Thank you for the inspiration, it came out yummy!

Christine — September 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Hello Jen! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a actually cool Vanilla Peach Bourbon Jam recipe. Keep it up and I may see you on Food Network one day. By the way, did you know you can place more Foodista widget? A friend of mine placed proper Foodista widget at the end of her latest blogs and the numbers of her readers increased. Interesting isn’t it?

Squeaky — October 3, 2010 at 7:09 pm

It’s too late for peaches (I made a batch of this with peaches, and wanted to make a second, but I waited too long), so I tried asian pears. It’s a little boozier tasting, but delicious!

Dave — July 1, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Just made this with some fantastic peaches. Wow, winning recipe.

Amy — June 11, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I made this jam last summer. My family has been begging for more. This is their all time favorite jam that I made. Can’t wait till the peaches are ripe to mix up a few batches. Thank you!!!

• beantownbaker — June 11th, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

So glad you enjoyed the recipe. I make this jam every year when peaches are in season.

Aurora — August 6, 2013 at 11:56 am

Just made this, and OMG is it good!! I used southern comfort, and scraped the seeds out of my vanilla bean into the jam. One of the best jams I have ever made! Thanks for the recipe! I put the used vanilla bean into 8oz of southern comfort, might be good in a couple of weeks! Just cant bear to throw away the rest of the vanilla bean.

• beantownbaker — August 6th, 2013 @ 6:28 pm

So glad you enjoyed this! It’s one of my favorite jam recipes ever.

Denise — August 28, 2013 at 9:36 am

Hi! Can’t wait to try this jam! Is there a reason you used low-sugar pectin instead of regular?

• beantownbaker — August 28th, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

That’s what the recipe called for. In general, when it comes to pectin, I follow the recipe and don’t deviate from what it says…

Gatorman — October 29, 2013 at 6:17 pm

This recipe sounds great! I have to go out for a liquor run tomorrow(Son getting married) and peaches are still in the stores. I was looking for a good(and different) peach jam recipe. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — October 29th, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

This is one of my favorite jam recipes. I make it every year at the end of summer while peaches are really ripe here in the midwest!

Brighid45 — July 6, 2014 at 8:17 am

This is a fantastic recipe! Made it last year and the first batch disappeared so fast, two more got made right away 🙂 I’m just about to start on this year’s first batch. My only suggestion would be this: if you’re using a stockpot for canning the half-pints/pints and not a water-bath canner, put some butter knives on the bottom of the pot so the jars don’t make direct contact with the floor. The knives act in the same way as a rack does, to reduce the chance that a jar might crack or even break.

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:21 pm

Great tip. Thanks!

FancyApril — August 21, 2015 at 9:38 am

I made this last night, the best peach jam I have ever tasted. I brought a small jar to work and everyone has fallen in love!

Linda Riccardo Henderson — June 17, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I don’t drink but would love to try recipe, someone promised to share bourbon for recipe and at the last minute gave me Jim beam whisky instead. I reviewed how the spirits are made…thoughts about the substitution. Thank you love your site

Scott Anderson — October 5, 2016 at 8:50 am

Jim Beam would be fine – it’s a nuance, not a strong “flavor”. This is an amazing jam that won’t disappoint…

Dawn — July 9, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Wow! Just made this jam, & it is amazing. Will definitely be making this yearly.