Mango Avocado Salsa

I have confessed my love of avocado many many times. I freaking love those things. I believe that avocado is one of those foods you can add to almost anything and it’ll taste better. I love using avocado to add creaminess to salads.

Obviously one of the best ways to enjoy avocado is on top of a tortilla chip. The mango in this salsa provides a nice sweetness to balance out the red onion. I made a double batch of this Mango Salsa when we had some friends over and this was the first dish to get devoured. It’s amazing.

One Year Ago: Pomegranate Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Two Years Ago: Gooey Bars
Three Years Ago: Crockpot Tamale Pie and Inauguration Day Cupcakes
Four Years Ago: Clam Chowder

Print Save

Mango Avocado Salsa

Yield: Serves 5

1 mango, peeled and diced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice from one fresh lime
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Tortilla chips, for serving

Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and let the flavors blend in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.

13 Responses to “Pomegranate Cranberry Quinoa Salad”

Smitten Sugar — January 20, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I just made Quinoa for the first time myself this week. Love the addition of pomegranate. I will have to try it out!

Evan Thomas — January 20, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I love quinoa! Never tried it with these ingredients. Great recipe!

Chelsea — January 20, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love quinoa, especially in breakfast form! Never had it with pomegranates, yay!

The Small Boston Kitchen — January 20, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Glad you liked! It’s one of my favorites. Also packages up really nicely for a healthy take-to-work lunch!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 20, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I adore quinoa because it is so healthy and so filling!

ErinsFoodFiles — January 20, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Yum yum yum! What a yummy looking quinoa dish! I love quinoa, so if you’re looking to find more quinoa recipes, feel free to browse my blog. 🙂

Sarah @ Semi-Sweet — January 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I love the versatility of quinoa – once you start cooking with it, it’s hard to stop . . . we think it makes a great breakfast, too! Warmed with milk, fruit & a little maple syrup or agave? Energy for the day!

Nisrine|Dinners and Dreams — January 20, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I love a good quinoa recipe. This one sounds worth a try.

Shannon — January 21, 2011 at 1:47 am

LOVE quinoa and poms 🙂 this looks like a delicious way to enjoy both ingredients!!

Daisy — January 21, 2011 at 4:17 pm

don’t worry, I am officially the last one.

Megan — January 21, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I’m glad you tried it! I love quinoa. I think it’s second to Israeli couscous in my book. And pomegranates — love them. This sounds delicious!

kitchenmisfit — January 23, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I am surprised by the chicken stock! It seems like it should be a sweet dish. I love quinoa and my husband does too!

Cheryl — January 24, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I have been reading about quinoa the “superfood” and how good it is for us. I bought some awhile back but hadn’t used it so I decided to try your recipe. OMG! I love it! I didn’t have pomegranate seeds and instead of almonds I used toasted pecans and also added orange zest. I will be using quinoa a lot now. Thanks!