Tomato and Peach Salad with Mint

As I mentioned before, I’ve been obsessed with tomatoes this summer. We’re getting a few pounds of them every week in our CSA box which has been AWESOME. I saw this recipe and thought it would be a fun way to use some of them up.

This salad is like a fun sweetened up, dairy free version of a caprese salad. The mint and balsalmic really compliment the flavors of the tomatoes and peaches.

One Year Ago: Fig, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Crostini
Two Years Ago: Shrimp with Cilantro Pesto
Four Years Ago: Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Print Save

Tomato and Peach Salad with Mint

Fresh mint
Aged balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt

Wash the tomatoes and peaches. Peel the peaches and cut the tomatoes and peaches into slices. Chiffonade the mint.

Arrange the tomato and peach slices in a pattern on a plate. Sprinkle with mint and kosher salt, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

Recipe from A Couple Cooks

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!