Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

7 Responses to “Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Jenn @ BentoForKidlet — January 13, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Those look amazing! Pretzels and chocolate are a delicious combo! Thanks for the recipe!

Vanessa — January 13, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I love it! Everyone IS thinking about health and I can’t stop thinking about cake! 😉
    These look yummy!

stephchows — January 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

mmm I bet those add a nice crunch! sounds great!

Sunshine — January 14, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Oh man oh man oh man! I love this combo! My local frozen custard place makes a sweet n’ salty combo just like it. Now I’m gonna have to make the cookies for when I can’t get my custard fix.

Mrs. Alex P — January 26, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I made these last week after reading your post; they were awesome!

teresacooks — February 4, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I just made these, and they’re So good! I posted about it at http://www.teresacooks.com
    I’ve got my eye on the cookie dough brownies next, I like your style!

Kristi — October 13, 2010 at 1:13 am

I made these tonight, they taste really good. I didn’t follow your exact recipe. I only used about 1 1/4 c pretzels. I wish I had used more. My only issue is that the pretzels didn’t stay crispy. I really enjoy your blog.