Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

14 Responses to “Harry Potter Cupcakes”

clstar — August 4, 2009 at 12:31 pm

OMG, I am in love with these cupcakes! They’re so awesome! I love HP, and I made owl cupcakes when the movie came out. I might need to give these a try before going to see the IMAX 3D movie.

thegreatpantryraid — August 4, 2009 at 2:42 pm

How cute are those?! And i was wondering how you got the lettering so perfect – thanks for the step-by-step. Lol – I just dragged DH to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry – I’m sure he’ll be happy when the final movie comes out and he doesn’t have to hear about it anymore!

thecookingnurse — August 4, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Great job, how lucky are your friends?

Jen — August 4, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I’m so jealous! My two sisters are going to the exhibit this weekend. I thought about flying to Chicago to join them. Luckily I found out the exhibit is coming here in October. Whew!

Erin — August 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm

These look fabulous! You did such a great job on them!

Katie — August 4, 2009 at 7:25 pm

WOW JEN!! Those are fantastic!! Better than professional! Seriously, what talent you have to make those! 🙂

Jen — August 4, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Aw thanks Katie – you’re making me blush.

Ingrid — August 4, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I hate when cupcakes do that to me too. Instead of baking up they bake out! 🙁

Love your Harry Potter cupcake toppers! Very cute and creative!
    ~ingrid

Manda — August 4, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Hi Jen! A friend of mine forwarded me your page for HP Cupcakes and I just wanted to drop in and say that I think they’re awesome and I want to run home now and try to create some fun hp themed cakes! I had done some in the past–cauldron cakes if you will, by buying mini cauldrons and cutting the bottom off so the tops sat just on the cakes and then used a bit of green frosting on the inside. You should join up with the HP-MA crew! We’ve been organizing some meet-ups for Boston Fans!

Jen — August 4, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Sounds awesome Manda.

nutmegnanny — August 5, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Oh my goodness, what adorable little cupcakes!

annieseats — August 6, 2009 at 1:25 am

So so cute! And yeah, those “HPs” must have taken FOREVER. I have a fabulous vanilla cupcake recipe that never fails me here: http://annies-eats.com/2008/07/18/vanilla-cupcakes/. Also, I recently made Dorie’s perfect party cake into cupcakes and had great results with that as well.

bcallegra — August 7, 2009 at 12:47 am

I love your HP cupcakes! I too am a huge Harry Potter fan but I have to admit, I don’t think I’d be patient enough to make cupcakes and toppings as cute as yours!

Karin — April 8, 2010 at 9:23 pm

These are so awesome!! I wish I would have seen them and did some of these with the HP cake I did!!