30-by-30 Eleven Month Update
The end is nearly in sight… Luckily, I’ve made great progress on my list. There are a few things that probably won’t get done within the next month, but I’m ok with that. Here’s an update on how I’m doing with my list.
- Bagels – done!
- Molten Lava Cakes – I have a recipe, just need an excuse to make these
- French Macarons – done and done!
- Cheesecake – done!
Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)– done!
- Sushi – Anyone local want to get together to make sushi sometime? Or take a sushi making class together?
- Continue to bake for a good cause – done! – I started up my Operation Baking Gals effort again, donated baked goods to Ashlee’s virtual bake sale, and Cara and I kicked off the Bloggers Bake for Hope virtual bake sale
- Prepare three new foods (1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons, 3: Beets in the Roasted Beet Hummus) – done!
- Get to my goal weight- sadly this goal is not going to be hit. I got too carried away with my baking this year and didn’t stay focused on the gym enough to make it happen. But I’ve gotten a second wind and have been working out more recently
- Work out on a regular basis- I’m quite up to where I need to be, but I’m making progress on this goal
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer– done!
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco, CA, 2: Hershey, PA, 3: Destin, FL)
- Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade- done!
- Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago) – done!
- Go to the Cranberry Festival in October- done!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis – I have been making an effort here. Luckily talking to teenagers is easy if you’re willing to text/FB chat
Plan/host a girls night (in or out)– done!
- Eat lunch with my coworkers at least once a week – I’ve been doing a good job of taking time out of my busy days to eat lunch and socialize with my coworkers.
Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest– done!
- Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can – done!
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew – I only have one sibling birthday left in a couple weeks – so far, so good!
Plan a date-day with Hubby– Hubby and I had a great little Boston staycation a couple weeks ago.
Take a cooking class– done!
- Read the photography books my dad got me – started
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects – started
- Fully de-clutter our place – started
- Volunteer for something at least four times
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event – while Cupcake Camp wasn’t a bloggers only event, I did help plan that and it was a great success! We raised over $2300 for Lovin’ Spoonfuls! And I planned an ice cream party at my house for a few bloggers. Not a huge event, but it counts! I also co-organized Bloggers Bake for Hope, which raised nearly $3000 for Komen for the Cure