30-by-30 Ten Month Update
Ok, down to the wire here – I need to get cracking on this list! Only two months left until I hit the big 3-0. Let’s see how I’m doing with my list.
- Bagels – done!
- Molten Lava Cakes – I have a recipe, just need an excuse to make these
- French Macarons – done and done!
- Cheesecake – I have made the cheesecake, blog post pending
Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)– done!
- Sushi - Anyone local want to get together to make sushi sometime? Or take a sushi making class together?
- Continue to bake for a good cause - done! – I started up my Operation Baking Gals effort again, donated baked goods to Ashlee’s virtual bake sale, and Cara and I kicked off the Bloggers Bake for Hope virtual bake sale
- Prepare three new foods (1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons, 3: Beets in the Roasted Beet Hummus) – done!
- Get to my goal weight- sadly this goal is not going to be hit. I got too carried away with my baking this year and didn’t stay focused on the gym enough to make it happen. But I’ve gotten a second wind and have been working out more recently
- Work out on a regular basis- I’m quite up to where I need to be, but I’m making progress on this goal
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer- done!
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco, CA, 2: Hershey, PA, 3: hasn’t happened yet, but we have a trip to Florida planned for the end of the month to celebrate our 5th anniversary!)
- Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade- done!
- Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago) - done!
- Go to the Cranberry Festival in October- done!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis – I have been making an effort here. Luckily talking to teenagers is easy if you’re willing to text/FB chat
Plan/host a girls night (in or out)– done! Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room– as I mentioned last month, this one can’t happen, so I’m marking it off. Instead I’m adding the next item
- Eat lunch with my coworkers at least once a week – I’ve been doing a good job of taking time out of my busy days to eat lunch and socialize with my coworkers.
Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest– done!
- Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can – done!
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew – on track! I only have a few family birthdays left at this point and so far, so good.
Plan a date-day with Hubby- Hubby and I had a great little Boston staycation a couple weeks ago.
Take a cooking class- done!
- Read the photography books my dad got me - started
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects – started
- Fully de-clutter our place – started
- Volunteer for something at least four times (1: volunteered to take care of the ongoing can-recycling project at work, 2: volunteered to sell pies for Pie in the Sky, 3: volunteering for a work even this week, 4: TBD – any suggestions?)
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event – while Cupcake Camp wasn’t a bloggers only event, I did help plan that and it was a great success! We raised over $2300 for Lovin’ Spoonfuls!
Don’t forget about Bloggers Bake for Hope – Bloggers Bake. You Bid. 100% of proceeds go to Komen for a Cure. Register to bake by April 30th, come back for bidding May 4-6.