Dorito Oreo Popcorn

Ok I realize this sounds crazy, but just go with me here…

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

You know how everyone has at least one weird food that they just love. Or some really weird combination… Well my super-indulgent-crazy-processed-cryptonite is a combination of Oreos and Nacho Cheese Doritos. I’m sure this stems from my childhood and getting a bag of Doritos and some Oreos in my lunch every once and a while.

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

I love snacks. I could eat snacks all day. The main reason I don’t is because we just don’t keep snacks in the house. Hubby, on the other hand, is not a snacker. Again, that’s why we don’t keep snacks in the house. But about once a year, I get a craving for Doritos. So instead of scarfing down some Doritos by them self, I decided to bring back this classic crazy lunch-box flavor combination.

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

I based the idea off the White Chocolate Frito Popcorn that was such a success last year. So I subbed the Doritos in for the Fritos and the Oreos in for the M&Ms. It worked like a charm. This popcorn is sweet from the chocolate and the Oreos. And it’s salty from the popcorn and Doritos. And it’s crunchy. And super addictive.

One Year Ago: Jalapeno Popper Inspired Grilled Cheese and The Ultimate Whoopie Pies
Two Years Ago: Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Three Years Ago: Chocolate Overdose Cake

Print Save

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

Totally addictive!

Yield: Serves 6-8

Ingredients:

8 cups of popped popcorn (1 bag of microwave popcorn)
3 cups Doritos, crushed
12 Oreos, chopped into chunks
1 lb (16 ounces) white chocolate or almond bark

Directions:

Pop corn according to package directions.

Combine popcorn, Doritos and Oreos in a large bowl. Make sure to get all of the unpopped kernels out of the popcorn.

Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.

Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture and mix with your hands to coat completely. Pour onto a wax paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Allow to cool and serve.

Recipe from Beantown Baker

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂