Dorito Oreo Popcorn

Ok I realize this sounds crazy, but just go with me here…

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

You know how everyone has at least one weird food that they just love. Or some really weird combination… Well my super-indulgent-crazy-processed-cryptonite is a combination of Oreos and Nacho Cheese Doritos. I’m sure this stems from my childhood and getting a bag of Doritos and some Oreos in my lunch every once and a while.

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

I love snacks. I could eat snacks all day. The main reason I don’t is because we just don’t keep snacks in the house. Hubby, on the other hand, is not a snacker. Again, that’s why we don’t keep snacks in the house. But about once a year, I get a craving for Doritos. So instead of scarfing down some Doritos by them self, I decided to bring back this classic crazy lunch-box flavor combination.

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

I based the idea off the White Chocolate Frito Popcorn that was such a success last year. So I subbed the Doritos in for the Fritos and the Oreos in for the M&Ms. It worked like a charm. This popcorn is sweet from the chocolate and the Oreos. And it’s salty from the popcorn and Doritos. And it’s crunchy. And super addictive.

One Year Ago: Jalapeno Popper Inspired Grilled Cheese and The Ultimate Whoopie Pies
Two Years Ago: Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Three Years Ago: Chocolate Overdose Cake

Print Save

Dorito Oreo Popcorn

Totally addictive!

Yield: Serves 6-8

Ingredients:

8 cups of popped popcorn (1 bag of microwave popcorn)
3 cups Doritos, crushed
12 Oreos, chopped into chunks
1 lb (16 ounces) white chocolate or almond bark

Directions:

Pop corn according to package directions.

Combine popcorn, Doritos and Oreos in a large bowl. Make sure to get all of the unpopped kernels out of the popcorn.

Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.

Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture and mix with your hands to coat completely. Pour onto a wax paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Allow to cool and serve.

Recipe from Beantown Baker

17 Responses to “Dorito Oreo Popcorn”

Ashley — January 30, 2013 at 9:51 am

I am intrigued! I like Oreos and Doritos separately, so I will have to give this popcorn a try. My three-year-old is King of Interesting Combinations, so I know I’ll have a buddy to share it with. :)

• beantownbaker — January 30th, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

Hubby definitely kind of gave me a weird look when I was chowing down on this ;)

chelsea @ serves two — January 30, 2013 at 11:30 pm

no way! i just posted some doritos chocolate chip cookies on my blog! love the chocolate/dorito combo! this looks super delish :)

• beantownbaker — January 31st, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

That is crazy! I bet Doritos in cookies is amazing!

Karen — February 1, 2013 at 12:32 am

Love this idea! Definitely going to try it soon. I am also thinking Sun Chips would be an awesome part of the combination

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — February 1, 2013 at 4:06 pm

this is weird… I like it.

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

weird? absolutely. delicous? for sure ;)

Megan — February 1, 2013 at 7:22 pm

What an interesting combo. I always did popcorn, Sourpatch Kids, and Raisinets at the movies, so I can see how this would work.

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

Woah – now that’s an interesting combination. I like all of those things separately. I’m going to have to try them all together the next time I go to a movie.

Kris @everywhereorange.com — February 2, 2013 at 4:38 pm

This sounds amazing. i should admit that i am 37 weeks pregnant and have eaten a ton of oreos and doritos this pregnancy, why oh why didn’t i think to put them together!!! thank you!!!!

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:46 pm

Haha, glad I gave you the idea. Hope you like them together ;)

Erica @ In and Around Town — February 5, 2013 at 10:39 am

This combination is crazy, but that just means I am going to have to go home and try it. This could totally hit the spot I am sure :)

• beantownbaker — February 6th, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Let me know what you think if you do try it

Joy — February 7, 2013 at 8:57 am

I happen to think this sounds perfect, and not at all strange. But i’m the girl that likes to eat dortitos inside my PB&J sandwiches, and dip french fries in milkshakes…..so to me this makes sense! I’ll have to give it a try – thanks for posting!

• beantownbaker — February 7th, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

OMG I totally forgot about Doritos inside a PB&J!! I used to do that too. MMmmm.

Sues — February 7, 2013 at 11:08 am

OK this is totally weird, but I would totally eat it. Talk about a junk food dream!

• beantownbaker — February 7th, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

It’s totally a junk food dream :)