5 Pumpkin Treats That Are Sure To Please

In kitchens across the nation, when October rolls around, the pumpkin baking begins. I keep cans of pumpkin in my cabinet all year and bake with it whenever I feel up to it, but I do have to admit, I feel up to it a lot more frequently in the fall!

Pumpkin, Cranberry, and Pecan Pie – this pie combines all of my favorite fall flavors into one amazing pie. I made this recipe multiple times last fall and plan to make it again this year as well.

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake BrowniesCara is a pumpkin goddess in my mind. She developed a recipe for a these and I tweaked it a bit. They’re insanely delicious even if you wouldn’t think pumpkin and chocolate go together.

Pumpkin Praline Cake – Any cake that is made with caramely deliciousness on the bottom then flipped over is going to be amazing. This cake is no exception to that rule.

Thanksgiving Two-Fer Bars – I made Dorie Greenspan’s pie into a bar. You should too.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – When I decided to make these, I consulted with Bridget about how to make pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Then she posted this Pumpkin Yeast Bread, which I made into cinnamon rolls. It’s a great way to enjoy pumpkin for breakfast!

Check out all of my pumpkin recipes here!

Don’t forget about my Power of Pink Challenge – make something PINK by the end of the month to raise Breast Cancer Awareness!

17 Responses to “Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls and How to Freeze Cinnamon Rolls”

Megan — January 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I think it’s very interesting that KAF has you freeze after baking. With most yeast things, you can pop them in the freezer before the second rise, and then take them out the night before, let them have a slow rise in the fridge, and then leave them out until they are proofed and then bake. It seems so much easier to just partially bake them. Interesting.

All the flavors sound incredible!

Lauren — January 10, 2011 at 5:23 pm

1. Pumpkin cinnamon rolls are fabulous, and these look great!
    2. I love the tip about pre-baking the rolls before freezing. I will definitely be employing that technique :).

Boston Food Diary — January 10, 2011 at 5:30 pm

These sound AMAZING! I’ve been fearful of making cinnamon rolls- both for the baking and having them around- this is great to know though! Thanks!

Bridget — January 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm

No fair using my recipe and then making prettier cinnamon rolls than me. Hmph!

Oh well, I suppose it’s worth it to find about this great freezing trick!

Anonymous — January 10, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Wow, do those look and sound delicious! Thanks for the info on how to freeze the rolls. I think I’ll attempt yeast soon.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 10, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Thanks for sharing the tip on freezing cinnamon rolls. I seriously love KAF’s helpful hints on their blog and website!

stephchows — January 10, 2011 at 6:09 pm

ok what a brilliant idea!! I love making pumpkin cinnamon rolls, I just made a batch last weekend 🙂

Rhondi — January 10, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh YUM! Thanks for the freezing tips. I wanted to make my kids homemade cinnamon rolls this weekend, but like you, didn’t want them sitting around to tempt me! Does the pumpkin make the rolls really moist? I’m saving this recipe.

Jen — January 10, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Rhondi – I found the dough to be similar to other cinnamon roll dough as far as the moistness goes.

Christina — January 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I haven’t had cinnamon rolls in such a long time! I can’t wait to try these.

In and Around Town — January 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm

These look great – the pumpkin is such a nice touch. Love the freezing tips!

EliFla — January 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Hello as I am sure you know here in Italy we use the yeast in very many recipes. To freeze some dough leavened with baking powder (such as croissants or Daddy), some experts have advised me after giving shape to freeze before the final rise, then remove from freezer the night before putting in the oven thawing, and morning turn on the oven and cook as usual. I must tell you that I tried and the result was perfect.
    Ciao Flavia

innochkaskitchen — January 11, 2011 at 12:25 am

Yum! I LOVE cinnamon rolls and pumpkin cinnamon rolls are definitely a nice change-up from the usual plain cinnamon rolls. Great recipe!

Michael - Innkeeper — January 11, 2011 at 1:29 am

pumpkin cinnamon rolls!? get out of town!? these look ah-mazing!!!!

Kerstin — January 12, 2011 at 3:29 am

I love your freezing tip! I actually haven’t tried making cinnamon rolls yet, but will soon! It’s nice to know you can make them the night before too and then just finish baking in the morning.

Torviewtoronto — January 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

delicious a favourite I make similar

Tiffany @ Triple Crème Decadence — February 20, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I never knew pumpkin cinnamon rolls existed until now. Looks and sounds divine!