Five years ago, I was a new blogger who wanted to find a way to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness during the month of October for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I came up with the Power of Pink Challenge to as a way to encourage fellow bloggers, bakers, and readers to think a bit during October about Breast Cancer Awareness.
I'm excited to announce that today kicks off the 5th Annual Power of Pink Challenge! The challenge is simple. Make something PINK. Everyone who participates will be entered in the giveaway I'm hosting as part of the Power of Pink Challenge (details below).
As you all know, breast cancer is a disease that has touched my life in more ways that I would like to admit. I have made it a personal goal of mine to try to make a difference in this front.
I have been saving pink recipes as I see them come up throughout the year. If you'd like to check out some inspiration, Click Here
Here are the rules for the challenge:
- Make something that is pink - use any ingredients you want
- The post much be a new post that is published in October of 2012
- Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
- Include the logo and link back to this post in your post
- Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com - include:
- Your name
- Name of your blog
- Link to your post
- Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)
If you don't have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information to be entered.
As always, I'm offering a giveaway along with the challenge to one lucky participant. This year I will be choosing one of the participants at random and making a $100 donation to a charity of their choice. It can be breast cancer related or not.