Cupcake Camp Boston 2012

Cupcake Camp is coming back to Boston! This is one of my favorite events of the year. For the third year in a row, I have had the pleasure of serving on the planning committee for Cupcake Camp Boston. We have over 20 professional baker and 50 amateur bakers signed up to bring cupcakes!!

Thanks to our lovely sponsors, Whole Foods Market and The Great Boston Cupcake Crawl, we will be able to donate nearly 100% of the proceeds collected at the door to our benefciary, Lovin’ Spoonfuls. If you haven’t heard about Lovin’ Spoonfuls, they are a non-profit organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of perishable and unserved foods that would otherwise be thrown away and wasted. They deliver this food directly to local crisis centers, soup kitchens and other social assistance entities.

We have decided to mix things up a bit this year. In the past, admission has been free with donations recommended. This year, we’re requiring a $5 fee to get in the door. 100% of our profits will be donated to Lovin’ Spoonfuls, so for a mere $5 you’ll get to taste test a bunch of cupcakes and help a great cause!

We’re also introducing VIP tickets this year. Purchasing a VIP ticket ($25) ahead of time will allow you early entry, and the awesome privilege of skipping the line. You’ll have exclusive access to the cupcakes plus some sweet swag from our awesome sponsors. There are only a limited number of VIP tickets available, so be sure to grab yours soon by clicking here.

Monday May 21, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
The Center for Arts at the Armory
191 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA 02143
General Admission $5, VIP $25

If you have any questions or would like more information about Cupcake Camp Boston, be sure to check out the website. Check out my recap posts from 2010 and 2011.

And now on to the important question about Cupcake Camp… what flavors should I bring this year? In 2010, I brought Oreo Cupcakes and Mini Brownie Cookie Dough Cupcakes. Last year I brought Frito Cupcakes and Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.

In the past I’ve always tried new recipes for Cupcake Camp. This year, I don’t think I’ll have time to be that ambitious. You see, the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer is the weekend before Cupcake Camp. And since Cupcake Camp is on Monday, I’m thinking I’ll go with something I know… So here’s where you can get involved. I’m leaning towards doing the Frito Cupcakes again since they were such a hit last year, but I want to know what you think? Do you have a great cupcake recipe I should consider? Have you had any of my cupcakes in the past that you really enjoyed? Thanks for the help!

One Year Ago: New York Style Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce and Mustard Chicken Salad
Two Years Ago: Oreo Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies, Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, and Dipped Oreo Pops
Three Years Ago: Brownie Pops

12 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting”

SimplySweeter — May 5, 2010 at 11:56 am

Oh yum Jen! These look absolutely delicious! What a great July 4th treat…..maybe split them and serve ’em up like a Strawberry Shortcake??? Yum.

KV — May 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Hi Jen, by any chance do you remember about how many strawberries you used for the recipe and also for filling? I have maybe 10-15 strawberries at home that need to be used asap and wondered if that was enough?

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm

KV – Sorry I don’t. We had a big thing of strawberries in the fridge that Hubby had cut up for us to snack on. I would say it was less than a pint, but pretty close to a pint? Not really sure. Sorry I can’t be more help.

hannah! — May 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm

strawberries are my favorite fruit ever! in my opinion, they always should be enjoyed fresh no matter what. even in desserts! 😀 your cupcakes look great, by the wayaoh

Cupcake Activist — May 5, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’ve heard that strawberry cake doesn’t end up being that sweet, but maybe the addition of fresh strawberries on top changes things. I’m a huge strawberry fan, so I’m anxious to try this.

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Cupcake Activist – I could definitely see that the batter itself might not be that sweet. I thought they were great with the additional strawberries added in.

Kerstin — May 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm

This looks divine. I made the Sky High strawberry cake with frozen berries and I thought it was really good, but I’d like to try again with fresh ones too! Your hubby has some very luck coworkers 🙂

Brisbane Baker — May 6, 2010 at 11:12 am

Love this recipe.. infact all of your cupcake recipes. I made your Fauxtess cupcakes the other day and turned out wonderfully.. This is now on my wish list. :

We Are Not Martha — May 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm

These look so simple and beautiful! I love strawberry cake and I especially love the way the fresh strawberries look inside 🙂

Miss. Tarrah Dame — May 19, 2010 at 2:17 am

cant go wrong with strawberry…just made strawberry marscapone filled cupcakes myself! 🙂

soohyunee — May 25, 2010 at 12:01 am

I love how you frosted these cupcakes!! did you start from the inside and go out with a 1M tip?

Jen — May 25, 2010 at 12:03 am

Yes, soohyunee, to make the rosette, I started in the center and swirled around to the outside.