It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops

A couple weeks ago, my nephew B was born. We were all very excited because he’s the first grandchild in the family. I’m still getting used to being called Aunt Jen. I wanted to do something when he made his arrival and decided that the best way to show my adoration of my first nephew was to bake something. Then I got to thinking and decided it would be fun to make treats that the new parents and grandparents could take to work to brag about the new little one.

These dipped Oreo pops were so easy to assemble and came out great. My mom and sister helped me write a B on each pop (we used Wilton candy pens. I had never used them before and they were so easy and worked great!). Then we put them in cellophane bags with some blue ribbon. My brother and sister-in-law took them to work to brag about their new baby boy.

Hubby REALLY enjoyed these guys. I did have to dip them twice for the almond bark to completely cover the dark Oreo cookie. I was worried the coating would be too overpowering, but it wasn’t. I don’t have any pictures of the final product, but just imagine about a hundred of these guys all wrapped up and ready to go.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pops

Ingredients:

Double Stuffed Oreos
Almond bark or white Wilton candy melts
Lolly-pop sticks
Candy pens for decorating - optional

Directions:

Melt a small amount of the almond bark. Dip the tip of a stick into melted almond bark, then slide into the center of the Oreo. Repeat for all Oreos.

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt a larger quantity of almond bark and a fairly deep bowl.

Hold an Oreo by the stick and dip in almond bark. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra almond bark to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Oreos. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the almond bark set up.

Decorate if desired.

13 Responses to “Chocolate M&M Cookies”

Katie — October 21, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Jen, I totally love your blog. You always ahve the BEST treats! I LOVE the picture with all the cookies resting on the m&ms. GREAT idea! 🙂

Jigginjessica — October 21, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Looks beautiful as always!

stephchows — October 21, 2009 at 3:31 pm

perfect use of pink! So interesting about how the cookies reacted to the way you rolled them! Thanks for the heads up!

oneordinaryday — October 21, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Your cookies look great and that’s a good tip about getting them to look their best too. My kids and all their friends love these cookies. I’ve made them a few times since I first posted them and they never last long.
    thanks for the link!
    ~ Michelle

Chocolate Shavings — October 21, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Those are beautiful and perfect for such a great cause

The Novice Chef — October 21, 2009 at 7:32 pm

What an adorable picture! Also helps that they are for a great cause! 🙂

Natalie — October 21, 2009 at 8:10 pm

M&Ms are my favorite treat and I love that during this month everything is PINK! The cookies look fantastic.

Kat — October 21, 2009 at 8:52 pm

I am bummed I missed your Power of Pink contest as I was utilizing October to raise awareness around breast cancer too! I made some cookies and have a post on my site: http://katskitchenplace.blogspot.com/2009/10/october-is-breast-cancer-awareness.html
    I like the chocolate cookie base of your cookies! Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to checking back and seeing all what people make towards your challenge 🙂

tastestopping — October 21, 2009 at 10:44 pm

A chocolate cookie topped with chocolate candies? What could be better? Perhaps a tall, ice cold glass of milk to go with them! They look divine. I’m wondering if you might skip the rolling and flattening by creating a wide log of dough (without M&Ms), slicing to the thickness desired, then pressing candies on top? Seems like the dough might be fairly easy to shape into a log. A quick pop into the fridge before slicing would help firm it up. Just a thought! I can’t wait to try them.

Best,
    Casey

P.S. Not sure if I’ve invited you before, but I’d love to publish any of your photos that FoodGawker and TasteSpotting decline! Thanks. 😀

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:15 am

I love the dark chocolate and pink M&M contrast. What fantastic cookies:)

natalie — February 25, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

natalie — February 25, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I just made your recipe for these cookies yesterday and took them to church. The kids went nuts and they’ve never turned out as pretty as they did this time. Thanks for the helpful tips because my m&m cookies have never turned out prettier! 9 minutes was also perfect timing as well.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 19, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Both pretty and I’m sure delicious! I love how you showed the comparison between batches to give better suggestions for prettier cookies. The final batch are definitely the prettiest of the bunch. I love that the pink pops w/the chocolate cookie.