It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops

A couple weeks ago, my nephew B was born. We were all very excited because he’s the first grandchild in the family. I’m still getting used to being called Aunt Jen. I wanted to do something when he made his arrival and decided that the best way to show my adoration of my first nephew was to bake something. Then I got to thinking and decided it would be fun to make treats that the new parents and grandparents could take to work to brag about the new little one.

These dipped Oreo pops were so easy to assemble and came out great. My mom and sister helped me write a B on each pop (we used Wilton candy pens. I had never used them before and they were so easy and worked great!). Then we put them in cellophane bags with some blue ribbon. My brother and sister-in-law took them to work to brag about their new baby boy.

Hubby REALLY enjoyed these guys. I did have to dip them twice for the almond bark to completely cover the dark Oreo cookie. I was worried the coating would be too overpowering, but it wasn’t. I don’t have any pictures of the final product, but just imagine about a hundred of these guys all wrapped up and ready to go.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pops

Ingredients:

Double Stuffed Oreos
Almond bark or white Wilton candy melts
Lolly-pop sticks
Candy pens for decorating - optional

Directions:

Melt a small amount of the almond bark. Dip the tip of a stick into melted almond bark, then slide into the center of the Oreo. Repeat for all Oreos.

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt a larger quantity of almond bark and a fairly deep bowl.

Hold an Oreo by the stick and dip in almond bark. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra almond bark to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Oreos. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the almond bark set up.

Decorate if desired.

8 Responses to “Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 23, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Per usual, these look fantastic! Wishing you and C a Merry Christmas!

flourchild — December 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm

These look delicious and they are very festive! Normally peppermint recipes don’t really catch my eye, but I will definitely have to try this one. Thanks!
    Jess

Daisy — December 24, 2010 at 4:52 pm

you taking full advantage of the peppermint chocolate combo in all forms is highly appreciated. These look delightful. Merry Christmas Jen!

nan — December 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Do you add the crushed peppermint before or after adding the chocolate chips?

• beantownbaker — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:58 am

At the same time that you add the chocolate chips. I’m updating the recipe to be more clear.

Taylor — December 20, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I was wondering if i could just do a second cup of regular sugar instead of the brown sugar? i am all out…

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 10:57 am

Hi Taylor. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was offline for the holidays. The brown sugar really enhances the texture of these cookies. If you have molasses, you can make your own brown sugar by mixing molasses and white sugar. Otherwise, go ahead and use all white, just be aware that they won’t be as soft and chewy. Happy Holidays!

April — December 16, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Do I need to adjust the recipe for my high altitude?