Egg, Avocado, Apple Salad

Have you guys heard of Secret Recipe Club? I have been participating for the last few months and it’s been a great way for me to find new blogs and try new recipes. It’s been a ton of fun and I highly recommend joining if you haven’t already.

This month, I was happy to find I was paired with another blogger I had never heard of – From Arepas to Zwetschgen! I searched through the various posts and saw tons of great salad and sandwich recipes. I chose this recipe because we had some delicious lettuce, red onion, and cherry tomatoes in our CSA box last week.

This salad was amazingly delicious and filling. The pecans gave a nice crunch to the salad and the avocado and hard boiled egg gave the salad some heft and creaminess. I dressed the salad with some olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. Hubby commented that this salad would be great with some grilled chicken on top as well.

One Year Ago: Blueberry Rhubarb Pie, Caramelized Onions, Homemade Hamburger Buns, and Salmon Burgers
Two Years Ago: Rhubarb Raspberry Jame and Peanut Butter Brownies
Three Years Ago: Panzanella

Print Save

Egg, Avocado, Apple Salad

Yield: Serves 2

Ingredients:

Mixed greens
2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced
1 avocados, cubed
1/2 apple, diced
Very thinly sliced red onion
2 Tbsp chopped almonds
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing (or your favorite salad dressing)

Directions:

Place mixed greens, eggs, avocado, apple, and tomatoes on two plates.

Top with onion and nuts.

Dress with oil and vinegar just prior to serving.

Recipe adapted from From Arepas to Zwetschgen

10 Responses to “Strawberry Cobbler”

Stephanie — May 31, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I don’t eat strawberries but Alex does so I am looking forward to all the great recipes you’ll be sharing with us this week!

Btw, I gave you a blog award 🙂

We Are Not Martha — June 1, 2010 at 2:20 am

This looks like the perfect little summer dessert 🙂 I, too, am happy just popping strawberries in my mouth, but always welcome a more desserty type option. I love your little dessert cups, too!

Sues

kelly — June 1, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THESE, THE LOOK WONDERFUL!

Elina — June 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love love love strawberries and love your idea of doing a whole week of recipes featuring them. I must stop by the farmers market on Friday to pick some up!

yumventures — June 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I LOVE individually sized desserts! And strawberries! Looks amazing 🙂

Carrie — June 3, 2010 at 5:36 pm

My husband goes Strawberry picking every year and my mom makes him Jam, I think I might have to make these for him this year too.

alexandjess — June 21, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I hate to be negative, but this recipe was a little disappointing for me.
    I loved! the cobbler topping. But the filling was way too sweet. It was like eating strawberry jam straight from the jar. And I even cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup and used about 3 cups of strawberries.
    Thanks so much for sharing it though. I look forward to trying the cobbler topping with other fruit fillings.

Jen — June 29, 2010 at 2:19 am

alexandjess – sorry to hear you didn’t like the fruit filling in this recipe. I wasn’t using the ripest berries when I made it. Maybe that’s why it was too sweet for you? Bummer either way 🙁

Memória — July 4, 2010 at 4:45 am

What a beautiful cobbler! The filling looks pretty and bright.

Sophia — July 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Wow, great job here. Awesome picture too! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living’s Fall Cobbler Recipe Contest! It looks delicious!