Roasted Red Pepper Dip

I made this dip for Hubby and a friend when they were hanging out. It made a huge amount of dip! Since we had so much leftover, we got creative with it. We spread it on top of some salmon and baked the salmon in the oven – it was AWESOME! I would recommend doing that if you have leftovers of this dip. Or even just make this as a salmon topping.

The original recipe called for 2 cloves of garlic and I always double the garlic in recipes. However, this time that was a little bit overkill. The garlic is very strong in this dip, so keep that in mind. Also, I think it would have been smoother if it had been mixed in a blender instead of a food processor.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip – adapted from Milk & Honey
1 large jar of roasted red peppers – drained and blotted dry
1 red onion – chopped
4 garlic cloves – this is a LOT of garlic, if I make it again, I’d use 2 or 3
1/4 cup dry breadcumbs
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce

Place peppers, onion, and garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped.

Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Serve with pita chips.

11 Responses to “Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans”

Lauren — November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

This dish sounds great! I love sweet potatoes and black beans together, and the cilantro and lime sound like the perfect flavor additions.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

My fiance isn’t the biggest fan of beans so I try to “sneak” them into dishes and this looks a great recipe to try out!

Eliana — November 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes but wud have never thought of flavoring them with cilantro and lime. This sounds like it would turn out super delicious.

Kerstin — November 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

We always have black beans in the house too and they are just perfect with sweet potatoes too – yum!

becksterslaboratory — November 7, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh dear, I never thought of pairing these 4 fave flavors together. Amazing : )

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yum! I love black beans and I also love that they are super good for you. I think this would be an awesome quick weeknight dinner!

tobias cooks! — November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

perfect combo of tastes. I would love to try this one.

Boston Food Diary — November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mmmm what a refreshing twist on sweet potatoes! These sound hearty and delicious!

Carrie — November 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

What a great recipe and beautiful photo. Black beans and sweet potatoes (and cilantro, for that matter!) are a couple of my favorite foods, so I know that I’d love this!

lacasitainspirada — November 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yum! I love black beans in salads. This sounds great!
    And great pictures, too!

robinakagoatmom — February 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Made a half recipe and loved it hot or cold! Took to a work pot luck and a hit with everyone. Thanks for another great recipe.