Blueberry Cobbler Bars

Are you guys ready for some blueberry recipes? Hubby and I picked fifteen pounds of blueberries! So I’ve been baking up a storm the last few days to use them all up. I have quite a few that we froze because blueberries freeze so well. This way we’ll have freshly picked blueberries year-round for some delicious summertime treats no matter what the weather is doing outside.

These bars taste just like the name implies. Like a delicious blueberry cobbler, but in a portable little bar. I shared these with some friends and coworkers and every really enjoyed them.

I think you could substitute any fruit that you have on hand in place of the blueberries in this recipe. Raspberries would be delicious! Be sure to stay tuned for more blueberry recipes coming your way!

One Year Ago: Watermelon Cucumber Salad, Peach, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Quesadilla, and Two Potato and Spinach Salad
Two Years Ago: Crockpot Chicken Tacos, Strawberry Rhubarb Bars, and Vanilla Peach Bourbon Jam
Three Years Ago: Bacon Wrapped, Goat Cheese, and Almond Stuffed Dates

Print Save

Blueberry Cobbler Bars

Yield: 24 bars

1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13" pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, cream together canola oil, butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat well. Add the flours and baking soda and stir just until the batter comes together.

Spread 2/3 of the batter in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with berries, then drop the remaining dough in spoonfuls over the fruit.

Bake for 60-70 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch.

Recipe inspired by Dinner with Julie, as seen on One Ordinary Day

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!