Peach, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Quesadilla

Last weekend, Hubby and I went blueberry picking. We also picked some peaches the same day. When we were picking the peaches they were all very hard but smelled delicious. We brought them home and put them on the counter wondering when they would ripen. Then, BAM! we had a bunch of ripe peaches two days later. (Yes, I did just channel my inner Emeril right there).

With all these peaches in the house, I was on the hunt for some great peach recipes. I saw this one pop up in Branny Boils Over and made it about an hour later for lunch.

I loved the combination of flavors in this quesadilla. Hubby gave a weird look when I told him what I had eaten for lunch, so I’m planning to make these again for lunch on Saturday so he can experience the awesomeness.

I did burn my caramelized onions a bit, so try not to do that when you make yours! Even with the slightly burnt onions, this quesadilla was great. The creaminess from the goat cheese and the sweetness from the peaches go perfectly together.

Print Save

Peach, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Quesadilla

Yield: 2

Ingredients:

2 8″ whole wheat tortilla
1 peach, thinly sliced
1 large onion
1 oz goat cheese

Directions:

Slice onions very thinly. Place in a large stainless steel skillet sprayed with olive oil. Turn heat to medium and cover onions, cooking for about 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook uncovered, 25-35 more minutes until onions are deep golden. Place onions in a bowl to cool.

Wipe out the skillet in which you cooked the onions and coat with cooking spray.

Place tortilla in pan and put the heat on medium. Arrange a quarter of the cheese on one side of the tortilla. Top with 1/2 of a sliced peach. Add another layer of cheese and 1/2 of the caramelized onions. Immediately fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the opposite side. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.

Recipe adapted from Branny Boils Over

11 Responses to “Indian Spiced Chickpeas with Spinach”

USA Kiwi (Kylee) — February 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

I love a good indian spiced dish – this looks great, and would be perfect to eat at lunchtime!

Shannon — February 20, 2013 at 10:33 am

this sounds great- so quick and full of flavor, perfect for weekday lunches! hope things are going well in cinci!

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:25 am

Thanks – things are starting to get settled here. We are closing on a house in a few weeks, so we’ll be moving again soon. Hope all is going well for you back in Boston!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 21, 2013 at 9:37 am

I hope you are finding Ohio welcoming…even though it’s cold! These chickpeas seem like the perfect dish to help you feel warm and cozy.

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:26 am

Thanks! We are finding Ohio welcoming. Everyone here is so nice (even if they can’t merge in to traffic to save their life…)

Erica @ In and Around Town — February 21, 2013 at 9:50 am

Chick peas and spinach – always make for a delicious and hearty meal! Definitely a good choice.

gerry — February 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Is there a substitute for garam masala?

• beantownbaker — February 24th, 2013 @ 10:28 am

Garam Masala has a unique flavor, but it is made from a combination of other spices so I’m sure you could find a substitute on the internet somewhere…

Julia — March 9, 2013 at 2:42 am

This is the perfect go-to recipe for a busy lifestyle…healthful, tasty and so easy to throw together! I hope things settle down for you and your hubs and your place begins feeling more warm and cozy! Meanwhile, you have a delicious satisfying recipe to comfort you!

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen — March 10, 2013 at 11:28 am

Oh yum, this looks so warming and delicious!