Peach, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Quesadilla

Last weekend, Hubby and I went blueberry picking. We also picked some peaches the same day. When we were picking the peaches they were all very hard but smelled delicious. We brought them home and put them on the counter wondering when they would ripen. Then, BAM! we had a bunch of ripe peaches two days later. (Yes, I did just channel my inner Emeril right there).

With all these peaches in the house, I was on the hunt for some great peach recipes. I saw this one pop up in Branny Boils Over and made it about an hour later for lunch.

I loved the combination of flavors in this quesadilla. Hubby gave a weird look when I told him what I had eaten for lunch, so I’m planning to make these again for lunch on Saturday so he can experience the awesomeness.

I did burn my caramelized onions a bit, so try not to do that when you make yours! Even with the slightly burnt onions, this quesadilla was great. The creaminess from the goat cheese and the sweetness from the peaches go perfectly together.

Print Save

Peach, Goat Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Quesadilla

Yield: 2

Ingredients:

2 8″ whole wheat tortilla
1 peach, thinly sliced
1 large onion
1 oz goat cheese

Directions:

Slice onions very thinly. Place in a large stainless steel skillet sprayed with olive oil. Turn heat to medium and cover onions, cooking for about 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook uncovered, 25-35 more minutes until onions are deep golden. Place onions in a bowl to cool.

Wipe out the skillet in which you cooked the onions and coat with cooking spray.

Place tortilla in pan and put the heat on medium. Arrange a quarter of the cheese on one side of the tortilla. Top with 1/2 of a sliced peach. Add another layer of cheese and 1/2 of the caramelized onions. Immediately fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the opposite side. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.

Recipe adapted from Branny Boils Over

18 Responses to “Tunnel of Fudge Cake”

vanillasugarblog — February 8, 2014 at 11:54 am

this cake screams a lot of things!
    eat me comes to my mind!
    lol

• beantownbaker — February 8th, 2014 @ 11:57 am

It does definitely scream that 🙂

Aimee — February 9, 2014 at 7:14 am

Gorgeous Bundt, Jen! It looks amazing. Love the butter and cocoa tip and the raspberries!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — February 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Who needs a tunnel of love when you have a tunnel of fudge! This looks fantastic!!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 23, 2014 at 9:45 am

This cake looks glorious 🙂 I am dying to get a slice, maybe two 😉

sue epstein — February 27, 2014 at 6:19 pm

The original recipe called for a box of Pillsbury’s frosting mix and was much, much better than the current recipes. There was a tunnel of gooey soft fudge in the middle that you just can’t get with today’s recipes for this cake. But it’s still a great cake!

Lynne — February 28, 2014 at 9:35 pm

For most up-to-date information you have to visit tthe webb and oon web I
    found this site as a most excellent web page for latest updates.

Marye Audet — March 21, 2014 at 5:12 pm

One of my favorites! Thanks for the reminder..I need to make this – soon!

Heila — December 22, 2015 at 4:24 am

I just tried this yummy recipe from your blog and it has come out really yummy!! 🙂
    This is my first tunnel of fudge cake and I am quite happy with the outcome…
    Thanks for sharing this easy recipe 🙂

Lois C. Flores — January 27, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Gorgeous!!! I’d love to try to make it for my family soon. Your recipe is so detailed, but to a clumsy person like me, Hopefully I won’t mess everything up haha.

Abigail C. Murdock — March 17, 2016 at 4:19 am

Looking at the picture of your cake I just wanna try it immediately. It looks really good. It is good to make it at home and serve on some special occasions like birthday parties or a party with friends on weekends. Thanks Jen for sharing this recipe with us!

Dane Shaw — March 23, 2016 at 6:47 am

Nice recipe Jen! Hope that I can do it the way you make your cake. Always love chocolate. Thank you for sharing it!

Healthoop — March 24, 2016 at 9:53 am

oh my god, I fell in love with it at the first sight. So yummy and nice at the look. Thanks Jen for sharing wonderful recipe!

Anthony — April 20, 2016 at 12:34 am

Awesome, you make it like an artist. It looks so delicious, I will try your recipe to make it for my kids. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Kathy — June 16, 2016 at 3:26 am

This cake recipe looks very sweet and delicous. I will try it soon. Thank for share this great post.

Luis Sanborn — March 14, 2017 at 4:21 am

This looks amazing, I will try this out tomorrow, thank you for sharing!