Christmas in July – Homemade Taco Seasoning

For my second gift idea this week, I went with a simple gift. Remember those crockpot chicken tacos I made last summer? With the homemade taco seasoning? Hubby and I love that taco seasoning. We use it anywhere you would normally use a packet of store-bought taco seasoning. We love it so much we thought it would be great to share with our family and friends.

So we mixed up a VERY large batch of the seasoning. I ordered some cute little jars and again put labels on them including instructions of how to make the taco seasoning when people ran out. I saved the label files if anyone is interested in them. Just shoot me an email.

One Year Ago: Monkey Bread and Boston Cupcake Crawl
Two Years Ago: Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip

8 Responses to “Christmas in July – Homemade Taco Seasoning”

How To Be Perfect — July 28, 2010 at 11:34 am

I’m loving your gift ideas, at the bakery we always start planning the Christmas cakes/cupcake in August, I get very excited. It is after all the most magical time of the year, Christmas that is, not August.

newlywed — July 28, 2010 at 12:55 pm

These are great ideas! You get so many boxes of cookies during the holiday season…I love the idea of giving something homemade to cook with instead.

nutmegnanny — July 28, 2010 at 3:51 pm

This is so cute! I could make adorable little baskets of homemade gifts. Thanks for the recipe :)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — July 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm

This is such a great idea – perfect for a stocking stuffer! Thanks for sharing!

booksncooks — July 28, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Great blog series! I’m definitely going to make this in fall!

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama — July 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Our journey has begun!… secretly though =)

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and decided I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post now up. I’d love for you to stop by.

Exciting things going on around here!

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

gay barnes — July 9, 2013 at 5:28 pm

would love your recipe for taco seasoning thanks