More Harry Potter Cupcakes (Including Golden Snitch Cupcakes)

For these Harry Potter cupcakes, I used the same template that I used a couple years ago, seen here. They were such a success last time, I figured I should make them again. Seriously, how cute are these cupcakes?

For the lightening bolts, I mixed some yellow and gold sanding sugar together and sprinkled it on top of white candy melts. I realized that actually a yellow lightening bolt doesn’t make a whole lot of sense in the context of Harry Potter. His lightening bolt is a scar, so it’s clearly not yellow… oh well!

The glasses are made of chocolate candy melts piped on top of a stencil covered with wax paper. They were a bit fragile when removed from the wax paper.

The HP logo was created by downloading a Harry Potter font to make a template. I made the HP the appropriate size, then made the mirror image of them. So when I was making them on the waxed paper, they were backwards. Then I put the yellow candy circle over the letters and when they set up, the HP was readable.

For the golden snitch cupcakes, I just frosted the chocolate cupcake and plopped one of the leftover golden snitches from the golden snitch cake pops I made the other day.

I am taking these cupcakes to a friend’s house tomorrow night. The group of eight of us that are going to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II are meeting up to watch Part I prior to heading out to the movie theatre. I might even whip up some butterbeer for everyone to enjoy!

One Year Ago: Osso Bucco Style Chicken
Three Years Ago: Red, White, and Blue No-Bake Frozen Cupcakes

No real recipe here. Just bake up your favorite cupcakes and frost with your favorite frosting.

Then make candy decorations with some candy melts. I like to tape my template to the counter, then tape a piece of wax paper on top of that. Then I use a piping bag to create my decorations. For the HP logo, I used a toothpick to get the chocolate into the details of the letters.

12 Responses to “Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcakes”

Jecka — April 16, 2010 at 11:53 am

Oh my god… these look amazing! They combine two of my favorite things: cookie dough, and mint-chocolate!

I’ve been trying to find something unique to make for my coworkers (I bake something every weekend for them on Monday) and was sick of making cookies. I’ve been trying to find a yummy mint-chocolate non-cookie to make, and I think this will do the trick!

Jen — April 16, 2010 at 11:57 am

Jecka – These don’t actually have mint in them. But you could definitely add mint to the brownie layer and use mint chips in the cookie dough. It would be quite tasty!

yumventures — April 16, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Those look AMAZING!!! All of my favorite things, rolled into one. So creative 🙂

Sarah — April 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I did the same thing Jecka did – I totally read “mini” as “mint”! That’s what you call a yummy mistake! 🙂

Cara — April 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm

These sound awesome! I was thinking of making cookie dough cupcakes for Bake for Hope, but I might make these instead.

HealthJunkie — April 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm

mmmm… My boyfriend would go crazy over those! He and I love cookie dough. I just got a new KitchenAid mixer that I’m looking for recipes to make in. I think your’s will be the first. Thanks for all the great ideas

Kerstin — April 17, 2010 at 2:03 am

Wow, these sound amazing and are right up my alley with that edible cookie dough – yum!!

Memória — April 17, 2010 at 4:31 am

What a great idea!! Wow. I would drizzle some hot chocolate sauce on top to make it even more intense haha. Overkill!

Carrie — April 20, 2010 at 1:11 am

Wow, now those look killer, I love cookie dough and am a sucker for any recipe with those words.

Lucy — April 20, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Oh my gosh these look amazing. LOVE cookie dough, must definitely save this recipe for an empty rainy day 🙂

Maria — April 20, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I love mini cupcakes. These are super cute!

Amanda — May 1, 2010 at 3:19 am

Don’t those look yummy! I think if I open my mouth wide enough I can get it all in one bite, haha. I’ll have to give these a try soon.