Red White and Blue No-Bake Frozen Cupcakes

When I think of the perfect summer dessert, it’s something cool and fresh. I love fresh blueberries and strawberries in the summer time. Add a big dollop of whipped cream and maybe some angel food cake and the dessert reminds me of summertime.

When the Cupcake Hero theme was announced to be Red White and Blue, I immediately thought of strawberry and blueberry. I’m not a huge fan of berries baked into cakes. SO when I saw this recipe in my Google Reader, I thought it could be a great in the form of a cupcake.
I adjusted the recipe by adding blueberries and making it into cupcakes instead of a loaf. Check out all those chunks of strawberry and blueberry!!

Red White and Blue Frozen Cupcakes – Adapted from Megans Cookin (originally from Cool Whip) – makes 12
2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
1 cup fresh blueberries, chopped
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used low fat)
1/4 cup lemon juice (I forgot it, but use it if you have it)
1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
8 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. butter, melted

Line muffin tin with foil cupcake papers. Mash the berries in large bowl (I used a food processor). Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well.

Mix chopped cookies and butter. Spoon 1 Tbsp of the cookie mixture into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Fill cupcake tins to the top with the berry mixture (I filled mine really full).

Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Spread or pipe remaining whipped topping onto top of the cupcakes. Decorate with more fresh berries or cookie crumbs, or even some fresh mint. Store leftovers in freezer.

12 Responses to “Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcakes”

Jecka — April 16, 2010 at 11:53 am

Oh my god… these look amazing! They combine two of my favorite things: cookie dough, and mint-chocolate!

I’ve been trying to find something unique to make for my coworkers (I bake something every weekend for them on Monday) and was sick of making cookies. I’ve been trying to find a yummy mint-chocolate non-cookie to make, and I think this will do the trick!

Jen — April 16, 2010 at 11:57 am

Jecka – These don’t actually have mint in them. But you could definitely add mint to the brownie layer and use mint chips in the cookie dough. It would be quite tasty!

yumventures — April 16, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Those look AMAZING!!! All of my favorite things, rolled into one. So creative 🙂

Sarah — April 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I did the same thing Jecka did – I totally read “mini” as “mint”! That’s what you call a yummy mistake! 🙂

Cara — April 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm

These sound awesome! I was thinking of making cookie dough cupcakes for Bake for Hope, but I might make these instead.

HealthJunkie — April 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm

mmmm… My boyfriend would go crazy over those! He and I love cookie dough. I just got a new KitchenAid mixer that I’m looking for recipes to make in. I think your’s will be the first. Thanks for all the great ideas

Kerstin — April 17, 2010 at 2:03 am

Wow, these sound amazing and are right up my alley with that edible cookie dough – yum!!

Memória — April 17, 2010 at 4:31 am

What a great idea!! Wow. I would drizzle some hot chocolate sauce on top to make it even more intense haha. Overkill!

Carrie — April 20, 2010 at 1:11 am

Wow, now those look killer, I love cookie dough and am a sucker for any recipe with those words.

Lucy — April 20, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Oh my gosh these look amazing. LOVE cookie dough, must definitely save this recipe for an empty rainy day 🙂

Maria — April 20, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I love mini cupcakes. These are super cute!

Amanda — May 1, 2010 at 3:19 am

Don’t those look yummy! I think if I open my mouth wide enough I can get it all in one bite, haha. I’ll have to give these a try soon.