Golden Snitch Cake Pops

If you know me in real life, you know I’m a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. Some might call it obsessed, but I don’t think I take it that far… I do get very excited when the new movies come out in the theatre or on DVD. Earlier in the year, when Deathly Hallows Part I came out on DVD, I think we watched it three times that first weekend.

Btw, did anyone else watch the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend? They showed a couple scenes from the new movie! Hubby claims that he’s just along for the ride, but I think he enjoys HP almost as much as I do. If only I could convince him that we need to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter… Maybe next year.

Now that you all fully appreciate my love of all things Harry Potter, let’s get on to the treats. I am usually able to wrangle a few of my friends to tag along to the midnight showing of the movies when they come out. I bribe them with the promise of treats and it usually works. I decided to use up some frozen cupcake pieces from my freezer (I save the cones from cupcakes when I use the cone method) and make some cake pops.

I used some leftover chocolate cream cheese frosting that I had in the fridge to bind the balls together. Then I used yellow Wilton candy melts to dip them and make the wings for my snitches. I followed the instructions listed here for making the wings then used some melted yellow candy melts to attach them to the cake pop. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Harry Potter treat.

One Year Ago: Chicken Gyros
Two Years Ago: Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream

11 Responses to “Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars”

stephchows — October 27, 2009 at 2:26 pm

mmm they look so super moist!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Yum! Those look really good! I’ve never tried white chocolate with pumpkin.

nutmegnanny — October 28, 2009 at 1:41 am

Wow white chocolate and pumpkin! What a delicious combination…yum!

Erin — October 28, 2009 at 2:02 am

I made those last year, and MAN OH MAN aren’t they good!

Sweet and Savory — October 28, 2009 at 4:01 am

I have in the oven, a chocolate-pumpkin streusel brownie. Now, I want to make this too.

You have great recipes. Thanks.

The Novice Chef — October 28, 2009 at 4:03 am

These look delicious! And I totally do not blame you for having a couple before taking them to give away!

bridget {bake at 350} — October 31, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I love that you ate 2 while you were cutting them! 🙂 That sounds familiar!

They look wonderful!

Tessa — October 31, 2009 at 5:33 pm

These are the same bars I made, but I added cinnamon chips per recommendation from Maria at Two Peas in their Pod. They were great! Glad to see they turned out well for you too!

Ingrid — November 2, 2009 at 7:05 pm

I totally agree I’m not crazy about chocolate and pumpking together. Another great flavor with pumpkin (in my opinion) is gingerbread.

I’m definitely adding this to my list of pumpkin recipes that will be baked from here until the kiddos say no more! 🙂
    ~ingrid

Jade — November 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I love making bars. These look amazing. I will definety try these soon!

Jessica — October 29, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I made these last night to take tailgating at a college football game tonight and they are SO yummy! I used semisweet chips instead of white chocolate, but I bet they’d be good either way! I’m Really glad you warned that the mixture might look like it curdled after adding in the pumpkin, because I think it would have freaked me out and I would have thought I did something wrong!