Golden Snitch Cake Pops

If you know me in real life, you know I’m a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. Some might call it obsessed, but I don’t think I take it that far… I do get very excited when the new movies come out in the theatre or on DVD. Earlier in the year, when Deathly Hallows Part I came out on DVD, I think we watched it three times that first weekend.

Btw, did anyone else watch the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend? They showed a couple scenes from the new movie! Hubby claims that he’s just along for the ride, but I think he enjoys HP almost as much as I do. If only I could convince him that we need to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter… Maybe next year.

Now that you all fully appreciate my love of all things Harry Potter, let’s get on to the treats. I am usually able to wrangle a few of my friends to tag along to the midnight showing of the movies when they come out. I bribe them with the promise of treats and it usually works. I decided to use up some frozen cupcake pieces from my freezer (I save the cones from cupcakes when I use the cone method) and make some cake pops.

I used some leftover chocolate cream cheese frosting that I had in the fridge to bind the balls together. Then I used yellow Wilton candy melts to dip them and make the wings for my snitches. I followed the instructions listed here for making the wings then used some melted yellow candy melts to attach them to the cake pop. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Harry Potter treat.

One Year Ago: Chicken Gyros
Two Years Ago: Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream

11 Responses to “Homemade Snickers Candy Bars”

Shannon — October 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

oh no! that’s too bad he had to guess… they look awesome and i bet they taste better too!

penniesonaplatter.com — October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I will GLADLY be your taste tester for all these candy bars! Looks great!

Laura — October 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

these look amazing!!! I want to try all three kinds 🙂 How do you think these would hold up if I gave them out as gifts a day or two after making them? Do they have to be refrigerated?

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I kind of want to go trick or treating at your house with these candies! I got a recipe from King Arthur Flour to make Twix bars that I’m dying to try out!

Jen — October 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Laura – I don’t know if they have to be refrigerated. I kept mine in the freezer and we snacked on them for over a week.

Fun and Fearless – If you decide to make Twix – let me know cause I want in on that!

Sandra — October 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

This is an entire blog about candy, chocolate bars, and sugary stuff? I think I have just fallen in love.
    I didn’t read down far enough in the post, I got too excited when I realized what I had stumbled upon, but i have to go back to see if you gave the Snicker’s bar recipe!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I’m sooooo going trick-or-treating at your place! You are amazing with your baking skills, absolutely amazing.

brettb734 — October 24, 2010 at 1:59 am

Those look delicious!!!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

These look great! Thank you for submitting these to the ATTYC event!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — October 28, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Snickers bars are definitely my favorite candy as well and I’m trying to stay away from them due to all the junk that’s in the ingredients list. I may have to make these some day (saving the recipe!).
    Your husband is hilarious – mine would probably have the same reaction. 🙂

Heather — November 6, 2010 at 2:00 am

These look so yummy! 🙂 How many Kraft caramels did you use? Thanks.