Golden Snitch Cake Pops

If you know me in real life, you know I’m a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. Some might call it obsessed, but I don’t think I take it that far… I do get very excited when the new movies come out in the theatre or on DVD. Earlier in the year, when Deathly Hallows Part I came out on DVD, I think we watched it three times that first weekend.

Btw, did anyone else watch the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend? They showed a couple scenes from the new movie! Hubby claims that he’s just along for the ride, but I think he enjoys HP almost as much as I do. If only I could convince him that we need to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter… Maybe next year.

Now that you all fully appreciate my love of all things Harry Potter, let’s get on to the treats. I am usually able to wrangle a few of my friends to tag along to the midnight showing of the movies when they come out. I bribe them with the promise of treats and it usually works. I decided to use up some frozen cupcake pieces from my freezer (I save the cones from cupcakes when I use the cone method) and make some cake pops.

I used some leftover chocolate cream cheese frosting that I had in the fridge to bind the balls together. Then I used yellow Wilton candy melts to dip them and make the wings for my snitches. I followed the instructions listed here for making the wings then used some melted yellow candy melts to attach them to the cake pop. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Harry Potter treat.

One Year Ago: Chicken Gyros
Two Years Ago: Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream

9 Responses to “Marshmallow Fondant Pirate Party Cupcakes”

laurasrecipecollection — October 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Your costumes are so cute!
    I love the fondant too. I’m going to be trying fondant for the first time next weekend. You make it look so simple!

Xiaolu — October 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I MUST try this! I’ve been avoiding fondant cause of all the terrible things I’ve heard about the taste. Problem solved – thanks! You guys are so creative with the costumes too.

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

That is so awesome. An annual pirate party? Sounds like a blast. I love your shirts too. If my kids weren’t already set on their Halloween costumes, I’d suggest being a treasure map instead. That is so creative!!!

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oops – forgot to mention the cupcakes. : )
    Very cool. I’ve never made fondant because I’m afraid it tastes bad. Is it good?

Jen — October 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

It is good! It tastes like marshmallow but sweeter.

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

Delicious! If that was your first time making fondant I would give yourself a big pat on the back:) It looks awesome! I need some mad cupcake skills like yours!

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:55 am

After my current box of fondant has run out I am so making some marshmallow fondant – and now that I know you can use the KitchenAid even better!

Carrie — October 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! Thank you for the fondant tutorial, I’ve never made fondant before… you make it look so easy!

stephchows — October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm

just went to a party on saturday. if you show up without a costume the rest of the guests get to pick a costume out of the box of last years costumes for you to wear heeh