Golden Snitch Cake Pops

If you know me in real life, you know I’m a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. Some might call it obsessed, but I don’t think I take it that far… I do get very excited when the new movies come out in the theatre or on DVD. Earlier in the year, when Deathly Hallows Part I came out on DVD, I think we watched it three times that first weekend.

Btw, did anyone else watch the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend? They showed a couple scenes from the new movie! Hubby claims that he’s just along for the ride, but I think he enjoys HP almost as much as I do. If only I could convince him that we need to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter… Maybe next year.

Now that you all fully appreciate my love of all things Harry Potter, let’s get on to the treats. I am usually able to wrangle a few of my friends to tag along to the midnight showing of the movies when they come out. I bribe them with the promise of treats and it usually works. I decided to use up some frozen cupcake pieces from my freezer (I save the cones from cupcakes when I use the cone method) and make some cake pops.

I used some leftover chocolate cream cheese frosting that I had in the fridge to bind the balls together. Then I used yellow Wilton candy melts to dip them and make the wings for my snitches. I followed the instructions listed here for making the wings then used some melted yellow candy melts to attach them to the cake pop. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Harry Potter treat.

One Year Ago: Chicken Gyros
Two Years Ago: Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream

11 Responses to “Oatmeal Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm

These cookies look great! Hope you feel better soon Jen!

Megan — January 24, 2011 at 6:12 pm

These look awesome. I love chocolate and cinnamon together.

Feel better!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Love oatmeal cookies! Hope you’re feeling better 🙂

Bridget — January 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Aw, I didn’t realize you hadn’t gone to the swap! What a bummer. But then at least you didn’t have to share these cookies. 😉

Alicia — January 24, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Yum. I really love the combo of chocolate and cinnamon! Glad they came out well.

Feel better!!

Shannon — January 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling better! we missed you, but hopefully we’ll have another chance to catch up soon. these look great, and i’ve got some cinnamon chips in my house too 😉

Elizabeth — January 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I’m not sure I’ve had chocolate & cinnamon together before but I bet the combination is great! And if it’s in an oatmeal cookie, you can’t really go wrong.

Heather Lynne — January 25, 2011 at 12:33 am

I love cinnamon chips and put them in oatmeal cookies. I never thought of putting them in chocolate chip oatmeal cookies-they look amazing!

Blog is the New Black — January 25, 2011 at 1:22 am

Jenn, these sound awesome, and I have some cinnamon chips to use!

We Are Not Martha — January 25, 2011 at 1:24 am

These look wonderful! I’m sure being stuck in the house with a whole batch of them made you feel a little bit better, right? I love cookies with cinnamon chips in them!

Sues

Elizabeth — January 25, 2011 at 8:50 pm

These look so delicious. Getting sick on important (dessert related!) events is the absolute worst. I think another cookie swap is in your future.