Golden Snitch Cake Pops

If you know me in real life, you know I’m a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. Some might call it obsessed, but I don’t think I take it that far… I do get very excited when the new movies come out in the theatre or on DVD. Earlier in the year, when Deathly Hallows Part I came out on DVD, I think we watched it three times that first weekend.

Btw, did anyone else watch the Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend? They showed a couple scenes from the new movie! Hubby claims that he’s just along for the ride, but I think he enjoys HP almost as much as I do. If only I could convince him that we need to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter… Maybe next year.

Now that you all fully appreciate my love of all things Harry Potter, let’s get on to the treats. I am usually able to wrangle a few of my friends to tag along to the midnight showing of the movies when they come out. I bribe them with the promise of treats and it usually works. I decided to use up some frozen cupcake pieces from my freezer (I save the cones from cupcakes when I use the cone method) and make some cake pops.

I used some leftover chocolate cream cheese frosting that I had in the fridge to bind the balls together. Then I used yellow Wilton candy melts to dip them and make the wings for my snitches. I followed the instructions listed here for making the wings then used some melted yellow candy melts to attach them to the cake pop. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Harry Potter treat.

One Year Ago: Chicken Gyros
Two Years Ago: Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream

12 Responses to “Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcakes”

Jecka — April 16, 2010 at 11:53 am

Oh my god… these look amazing! They combine two of my favorite things: cookie dough, and mint-chocolate!

I’ve been trying to find something unique to make for my coworkers (I bake something every weekend for them on Monday) and was sick of making cookies. I’ve been trying to find a yummy mint-chocolate non-cookie to make, and I think this will do the trick!

Jen — April 16, 2010 at 11:57 am

Jecka – These don’t actually have mint in them. But you could definitely add mint to the brownie layer and use mint chips in the cookie dough. It would be quite tasty!

yumventures — April 16, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Those look AMAZING!!! All of my favorite things, rolled into one. So creative 🙂

Sarah — April 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I did the same thing Jecka did – I totally read “mini” as “mint”! That’s what you call a yummy mistake! 🙂

Cara — April 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm

These sound awesome! I was thinking of making cookie dough cupcakes for Bake for Hope, but I might make these instead.

HealthJunkie — April 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm

mmmm… My boyfriend would go crazy over those! He and I love cookie dough. I just got a new KitchenAid mixer that I’m looking for recipes to make in. I think your’s will be the first. Thanks for all the great ideas

Kerstin — April 17, 2010 at 2:03 am

Wow, these sound amazing and are right up my alley with that edible cookie dough – yum!!

Memória — April 17, 2010 at 4:31 am

What a great idea!! Wow. I would drizzle some hot chocolate sauce on top to make it even more intense haha. Overkill!

Carrie — April 20, 2010 at 1:11 am

Wow, now those look killer, I love cookie dough and am a sucker for any recipe with those words.

Lucy — April 20, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Oh my gosh these look amazing. LOVE cookie dough, must definitely save this recipe for an empty rainy day 🙂

Maria — April 20, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I love mini cupcakes. These are super cute!

Amanda — May 1, 2010 at 3:19 am

Don’t those look yummy! I think if I open my mouth wide enough I can get it all in one bite, haha. I’ll have to give these a try soon.