30-by-30 Nine month Update
Holy crap. I’m only 3 months away from my 30th birthday. Oh, and Happy St Patrick’s Day!! Hope everyone is enjoying some green beer tonight. Ok, so I’ve got three months left and I feel like I’ve gotten nothing done this past month with various things going on and my new job. Let’s see how I’m doing with my list.
- Bagels – done!
- Molten Lava Cakes – I have a recipe, just need an excuse to make these
- French Macarons
- Cheesecake – I made cheesecake as part of the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake, but my intent for this item is to make a cheesecake that stands on it’s own
Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)– done!
- Continue to bake for a good cause – I started up my Operation Baking Gals effort again, and donated baked goods to Ashlee’s virtual bake sale
- Prepare three new foods (1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons, 3: Beets in the Roasted Beet Hummus) – done!
- Get to my goal weight
- Work out on a regular basis- I’ve been hitting up the new gym quite a few times this year already!
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer– done!
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco, CA, 2: Hershey, PA, 3: hasn’t happened yet, but we have a trip planned)
- Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade- done!
- Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago) – done!
- Go to the Cranberry Festival in October- done!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis – I have been making an effort here. Luckily talking to teenagers is easy if you’re willing to text/FB chat
- Plan/host a girls night (in or out)
Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room– as I mentioned last month, this one can’t happen, so I’m marking it off. Instead I’m adding the next item
- Eat lunch with my coworkers at least once a week – I’ve been doing a good job of taking time out of my busy days to eat lunch and socialize with my coworkers.
Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest– done!
- Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can – done!
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew – started – October kicked off the winter birthday season for us. I got cards out to my youngest sister, L, my dad, my other sister B, and my mom. That’s it for birthdays for me until May.
Plan a date-day with Hubby– Hubby and I had a great little Boston staycation a couple weeks ago.
Take a cooking class– done!
- Read the photography books my dad got me – started
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects – started
- Fully de-clutter our place – started
- Volunteer for something at least four times (1: volunteered to take care of the ongoing can-recycling project at work, 2: volunteered to sell pies for Pie in the Sky, 3: it hasn’t happened yet, but I’ve signed up to volunteer at an event on April 2, 4: TBD)
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event – started