Checking more things off my list

January turned out to be a fairly productive month for me. I completed a few things off my list and started a few more.

We finally started our kitchen remodel. I will be posting pics and updates on here at some point as well. I actually did make creme brulee. Two different ways. The blog post is started but just not completed… I sent a birthday card to a good friend who I miss a ton.

I am also marking off learn to ski. I didn’t actually learn to ski, but I did learn to snowboard so I’m counting that. I gave it an honest effort, but it just wasn’t my thing. Hubby absolutely loved it and is going to make it his new winter hobby.

One thing I didn’t do was read a book. Well I read Beedle the Bard, but I’m not counting that. It was only ~100 pages or something. I started Wicked which I’ve been meaning to read for a while. I’m about 2/3 done with it. My plan is to read 2 books in February to make up for it.

And the big accomplishment for January was not eating french fries for a month! It was hard but I did it! I even went to Publick House and sat with two people who had fries on their plates! Now I’m thinking I’m going to give something different up every month in an effort to eat healthier. Still haven’t picked anything for February yet… I’m open to suggestions.

1 Order Denver trip plane tix by 12/31
2 Order Europe trip plane tix
3 Start kitchen remodel
4 Make creme brulee
5 Work out 3x/wk for 6 wks (one / two / three / four / five / six)
6 Eat no french fries for a month (and I LOVE french fries)
7 Read my D40 manual, and start applying what I’m learning from it – started
8 Finish the major craft project I started 2 years ago
9 Go to a dr about my wrist
10 Send baked goods to family/friends (one / two / three) – started
11 Read 1 book/month (Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June) – started
12 Learn to ski
13 Plan/Host a girls night (in or out)
13.5 Send at least 5 birthday cards (one / two / three / four / five) – started

7 Responses to “Five Month Update – 30 by 30”

Megan — November 17, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Shoot! I need to send you that molten lava cake recipe. I’m going to try to remind myself when I get home tonight.

Daisy — November 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm

you’re on a roll! looking forward to see what event you will plan 🙂

Michelle — November 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I love these kinda of lists! Makes me want to do one myself. And I think you’re doing a great job… can’t wait to see what your blogger event is!

Sharon — November 18, 2010 at 8:40 am

Hey congratulations on going into the 6th month..And so far I think you have done great…

Vickii — November 18, 2010 at 11:20 am

I haven’t commented yet but I absolutely love your blog! I’ve downloaded about 10 recipes I intend to try! Well done on your 30 by 30! I also have a 101 things to do in 1001 days – my 1001 days is up in January 2011 and I’ve done only about 20 things …. hmm! So you should be proud of how much of your list you’ve done!!

Aimee — November 18, 2010 at 8:23 pm

oh, boy…
    i turned 29 in august and i wish i had thought to do something like this!

you are doing great so far – i love how across-the-board all of your goals are. good luck with the next 7 months!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 19, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I am still making my list and only have 12 items…I need to get working on my list for 18 more items to kick it off on my 29th birthday!