Homemade Three Musketeer Candy Bars

Halloween is almost here so I’ve been in the mood for candy! Hubby claims he’s not a big fan of chocolate, but he’s never turned down anything I give him to taste. With that being said, if there was candy in the house, I’d eat about 99% of it. I can’t really control myself around candy. That’s why we never buy any.

Since we won’t get trick or treaters for Halloween because of living in a condo building, I can’t justify breaking our “No Candy in the House” rule, so I decided instead to make some candy. Because if I make it, the rule isn’t broken.

These little candy bars are pretty awesome. They taste just like a Three Musteteer’s bar. I kept them in the freezer because I like my candy frozen.

One Year Ago: Pecan Pie Cookies
Two Years Ago: Keilbasa and Kraut in the Crockpot

Print Save

Homemade Three Musketeer Candy Bars

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with wax paper.

In a medium bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave at fifty percent power, or use a double boiler.

Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat melted chocolate for about 30 seconds.

Add whipped topping to melted chocolate and beat until well combined and fluffy, 30-60 seconds more.

Spread chocolate mixture evenly into prepared pan (if mixture is too stiff, press into pan with lightly dampened hands). Place in freezer for 30 minutes.

Remove pan from freezer and turn chocolate mixture onto a cutting board; cut into one-inch squares. Return squares to freezer for another 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt milk chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir until well combined. Dip frozen chocolate squares into melted chocolate to coat. Place on wax paper to set. Keep chocolates in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Recipe as seen on One Ordinary Day, originally from Let's Dish

Don’t forget about my Power of Pink Challenge – make something PINK by the end of the month to raise Breast Cancer Awareness!

18 Responses to “Double Cookie Dough Ice Cream”

steph@stephsbitebybite — June 24, 2013 at 7:36 am

Oh my word!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 24, 2013 at 7:58 am

Pass me a spoon! This sounds amazing, Jen!

Eva @ Eva Bakes — June 24, 2013 at 8:23 am

I need this ice cream right now!

Sues — June 24, 2013 at 11:28 am

I absolutely love cookie dough ice cream and this looks like a fabulous one! I love your bowls, too 🙂

• beantownbaker — June 24th, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

Thanks! They’re from Pier 1.

Katie B. — June 24, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Wow… I’m not a cookie dough ice cream fan for the same reason, but this is amazing. How much do you think the coconut milk plays in the flavor?

• beantownbaker — June 24th, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

I personally don’t find coconut milk very coconuty. I know some people do. I think you could use the cow’s milk varieties in the recipe and it would taste similar. I just have to use the coconut milk since i can’t eat cow’s milk.

Nutmeg Nanny — June 27, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love this! Ice cream has to be my favorite dessert, this looks amazing 🙂

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — June 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I made this recipe from Tracey a couple of weeks ago too (I haven’t post about it yet) – so good!!!

• beantownbaker — June 27th, 2013 @ 9:11 pm

Isn’t it? It’s definitely one of my favorite ice cream recipes to date!

Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com — June 28, 2013 at 2:08 am

This sounds delicious! I’m with you–regular cookie dough ice cream is a snooze. (Unless I’m sharing a pint with someone who doesn’t mind if I go through and pick out all the goodies–but let’s be real–everyone minds!) I’ll have to try this variation–it sounds like the perfect solution!

• beantownbaker — June 28th, 2013 @ 7:17 am

I agree completely – everyone does mind!

Parrish (Life With The Crust Cut Off) — July 1, 2013 at 10:58 am

This looks amazing!!! We would love it if you would link up at our We Scream For Ice Cream linky party/giveaway:
    Live the whole month of July.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

• beantownbaker — July 3rd, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

Thanks for the link!

Melissa — July 6, 2013 at 6:45 am

Cookie dough ice cream is my favorite and this recipe makes me want to buy an ice cream maker immediately! Which kind do you recommend?

• beantownbaker — July 6th, 2013 @ 11:09 am

I have the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. If you don’t have a Kitchenaid mixer, I’ve heard good things about the Cuisinart ice cream maker.

Kristen — March 30, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I’ve never made cookie dough ice cream but am wanting to try this one. Is there a way to substitute the egg yolks or leave it out?

• beantownbaker — April 16th, 2014 @ 6:00 pm

I would assume you could find a Philadelphia style ice cream recipe to use as the base with some brown sugar in it to give it more of a cookie dough taste. I wouldn’t recommend just leaving them out of this specific recipe though.