3rd Annual The Power of Pink Challenge

It’s back! The Power of Pink Challenge! I started this challenge two years ago as a way to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. It seems that everyone knows someone who has been affected by breast cancer. In honor of October being National Breast Cancer Awareness month, I present this challenge to you:

make something PINK

It can be anything. As long as it’s pink.

Also, come check out my blog today. I’ve decided to GO PINK all month long. I’ve got a new header and new side bar featuring some of my favorite pink recipes.

While you’re thinking pink, think of the people in your life who have been affected by this disease. Do your monthly self-exam or get your mammogram. I would love to have a time when things like the Avon Walk don’t have to exist any more. Did you guys know that Julia Child is a breast cancer survivor? I just read that in my October issue of Bon Appetit.

Here are the rules:
1. Make something, anything, that comes out pink – use any ingredients you want (you can double this up for another Breast Cancer blogging event if you’d like, but it does need to be a new post)
2. Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
3. Include the logo and link back to this post in your post
4. Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com – include:
– Your name and location (city/state/country)
– Name of your blog
– Link to your post
– Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)

If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information as well as the recipe used and I will post it here for you.

As an added bonus, I will be providing one lucky participant with some fun pink kitchen gear. I will choose a participant at random (using Random.org) to win this prize package: The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book Celebrating the Promise AND Breast Cancer Awareness baking set (sorry international readers, prize is only valid for US shipping addresses).

12 Responses to “Power of Pink Roundup”

Soli Deo Gloria — November 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for a lovely and informative round-up! With the number of entries, I think we have successfully raised awareness regarding breast cancer.

Ivy — November 3, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for the lovely round up and all the information given about breast cancer.

Priya — November 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful roundup..lovely entries, very informative about breast cancer..

Susan — November 3, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the great roundup. What a great event…thanks for allowing me to participate. I hope we have helped to make other more aware!

Lubna Karim — November 3, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Awesome roundup. Iam very happy to be part of this event. Thanks a lot for the event and info on breast cancer and everything. Three cheers to your energy dear.

Nazarina A — November 3, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thank you!
    This is such an informative and a beautiful array of culinary beauties! You have put so much effort into this for such an imperative cause!

Ricki — November 3, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Fabulous roundup–and so glad I could be part of it! Everything looks amazingly scrumptious and I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! (Maybe I missed something, but didn’t the event say make “anything” pink? Or did it have to be baked goods? I’m guessing there must be SOME other pink foods out there. . . ?!!). Well, more dessert for me!

Thanks for hosting this! 🙂

CB — November 3, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Awesome roundup! I love that it had such a diverse group of bloggers. Great personal touch with the facts and myths. Thanks for hosting! I hope you make it an annual event 🙂
    /Clara

John — November 4, 2008 at 10:27 am

The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) program is dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of the early detection of breast cancer through a nationwide campaign. A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Mammograms are the best method to detect breast cancer early when it is easier to treat and before it is big enough to feel or cause symptoms. Having regular mammograms can lower the risk of dying from breast cancer.
    ——————
    Bobwilliams
    social bookmarking

Susan from Food Blogga — November 4, 2008 at 12:59 pm

This was a terrific event, Jen. Thank you for hosting it.

Jen — November 4, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. The entries are all great.

Julie — November 6, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for hosting this Jen! As everyone else said, lovely roundup. I’m so glad that I could participate, especially as one of my first blog events!