Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes

On the way home from work today, hubby says: “My Lean Cuisine had the best dessert in it” Talk about a slap in the face. I’m a baker, and my hubby tells me that the best dessert he’s had came out of a frozen meal?!?! The nerve of that guy! In a fit of jealousy I set out to prove him wrong and created my Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes. Hubby did say that the cupcakes were better and even apologized for his stupidity. I kind of cheated because I didn’t have anything to make cupcakes with, but they were still good.

Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Fresh cherries – pitted and quartered
Chocolate Frosting (I prefer the Whipped kind)

Make cake mix as directed on box. Mix in about 3/4 of the cherries.
Fill mini-cupcake pan (lined with papers).
Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with cherries.

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.