Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes

On the way home from work today, hubby says: “My Lean Cuisine had the best dessert in it” Talk about a slap in the face. I’m a baker, and my hubby tells me that the best dessert he’s had came out of a frozen meal?!?! The nerve of that guy! In a fit of jealousy I set out to prove him wrong and created my Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes. Hubby did say that the cupcakes were better and even apologized for his stupidity. I kind of cheated because I didn’t have anything to make cupcakes with, but they were still good.

Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Fresh cherries – pitted and quartered
Chocolate Frosting (I prefer the Whipped kind)

Make cake mix as directed on box. Mix in about 3/4 of the cherries.
Fill mini-cupcake pan (lined with papers).
Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with cherries.

10 Responses to “Double Fudge Brownies”

Mandy — October 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE brownies!!! Will definitely try out this recipe… soon.

(Just can’t let my husband know, who is a personal trainer, lol!)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm

These were seriously the best brownies ever! I can’t wait to re-use this recipe!

Sheila — October 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Those look outrageously delicious!!!

Courtney — October 1, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I love me a good brownie – but can you believe that I haven’t actually made homemade brownies. I really must change that!!

Evan B — October 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Who doesn’t love brownies?! I don’t know if I could wait a whole night and not devour these immediately out of the oven!

nutmegnanny — October 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Yum! I love brownies! I’m thinking I actually might make some right now 🙂

Megan — October 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

You have way more willpower than I do. I rarely let brownies cool. I love when they’re warm and gooey… and yes, then throw some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge and whipped cream on top!

I was good, and I let my KAF brownies rest overnight though.

THE OLD GEEZER — October 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm

HAHA, I totally cracked up at this post for two reasons: I love that you used the expression “Get outta town!” and that you posted the pic of our brownies that were, the best brownies ever. See? We just knew..

Great post, as always!