Roasted Zucchini

Zucchini means summertime to me. I love when everyone is trying to come up with creative ways to use up their excess zucchini.

Since Hubby and I don’t have a garden, I rely on the farmer’s market for the majority of our zucchini. But I do have one coworker who has a huge garden.

He brings in various vegetables that he’s trying to get rid of almost every day. I’ve snagged a cucumber for the watermelon cucumber salad that I made and also grabbed a nice sized zucchini (one day I grabbed a small zucchini, cleaned it, cut it, and snacked on it that afternoon!).

I thought about making something sweet with it but instead opted for a snack. I followed the method I use to roast asparagus. It is so simple and the outcome is amazing.

One Year Ago: Harry Potter Cupcakes and Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Two Years Ago: Watermelon Cupcakes

Print Save

Roasted Zucchini

Yield: 2

Ingredients:

1 large or 2 medium zucchini, chopped in large pieces
1.5 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Place chopped zucchini on baking sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over zucchini. Use your hand to stir it up so all the zucchini gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

11 Responses to “Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans”

Lauren — November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

This dish sounds great! I love sweet potatoes and black beans together, and the cilantro and lime sound like the perfect flavor additions.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

My fiance isn’t the biggest fan of beans so I try to “sneak” them into dishes and this looks a great recipe to try out!

Eliana — November 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes but wud have never thought of flavoring them with cilantro and lime. This sounds like it would turn out super delicious.

Kerstin — November 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

We always have black beans in the house too and they are just perfect with sweet potatoes too – yum!

becksterslaboratory — November 7, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh dear, I never thought of pairing these 4 fave flavors together. Amazing : )

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yum! I love black beans and I also love that they are super good for you. I think this would be an awesome quick weeknight dinner!

tobias cooks! — November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

perfect combo of tastes. I would love to try this one.

Boston Food Diary — November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mmmm what a refreshing twist on sweet potatoes! These sound hearty and delicious!

Carrie — November 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

What a great recipe and beautiful photo. Black beans and sweet potatoes (and cilantro, for that matter!) are a couple of my favorite foods, so I know that I’d love this!

lacasitainspirada — November 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yum! I love black beans in salads. This sounds great!
    And great pictures, too!

robinakagoatmom — February 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Made a half recipe and loved it hot or cold! Took to a work pot luck and a hit with everyone. Thanks for another great recipe.