Roasted Asparagus

It’s almost embarassing to call this a recipe, but I wanted to post about this roasted asparagus because it’s SO easy and delicious. Hubby and I always prepare vegetables with our dinner and asparagus is one of our favs (along with brussels sprouts). 99 times out of 100 when we have asparagus we roast it.

As you all know, Hubby LOVES garlic. So we usually throw some in with the asparagus. But tonight I was making it for just me, so I left the garlic out. Either way it’s delicious and you can throw the asparagus in the oven and forget about it while you prepare the rest of your meal.

One Year Ago: Dairy Free Chocolate Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes
Two Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

Print Save

Roasted Asparagus

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle asparagus - look for fatter stalks
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Prepare asparagus by holding a piece with both hands, one hand on each end. Bend until the asparagus snaps. The bottom part should be discarded. Snap asparagus in half again, or leave stalks long and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus in on the sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over asparagus. Use your hand to stir it up so all the asparagus gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Sophie
    Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.