Roasted Asparagus

It’s almost embarassing to call this a recipe, but I wanted to post about this roasted asparagus because it’s SO easy and delicious. Hubby and I always prepare vegetables with our dinner and asparagus is one of our favs (along with brussels sprouts). 99 times out of 100 when we have asparagus we roast it.

As you all know, Hubby LOVES garlic. So we usually throw some in with the asparagus. But tonight I was making it for just me, so I left the garlic out. Either way it’s delicious and you can throw the asparagus in the oven and forget about it while you prepare the rest of your meal.

One Year Ago: Dairy Free Chocolate Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes
Two Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

Print Save

Roasted Asparagus

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle asparagus - look for fatter stalks
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Prepare asparagus by holding a piece with both hands, one hand on each end. Bend until the asparagus snaps. The bottom part should be discarded. Snap asparagus in half again, or leave stalks long and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus in on the sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over asparagus. Use your hand to stir it up so all the asparagus gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

9 Responses to “Creamy Red Pepper and Collard Greens Dip”

Ashley — January 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm

This sounds like a tasty dip, and I love that it’s so colorful! I can definitely relate – I’m not into the Superbowl game this year (we recently moved, too, and I prefer college football), but I am ALL about the food!

• beantownbaker — January 25th, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Were you guys moving during the holidays? We moved into our apartment on 12/21. It was rough… Even when it’s teams that I like, it’s still mostly about the food 🙂

Shannon — January 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

i do love football food, and i’ve been meaning to try my hand at collard greens 😉

Ashley — January 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm

We didn’t move as recently as you! We made our move in October…and I’m just starting to feel settled. It is rough… Of course, the kitchen was the first room put together!

Lori — January 27, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Approximately how much collard greens do you need? Can you use canned? This sounds terrific…like a soul food dip!

• beantownbaker — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

Sorry about that. Missed a key ingredient in the recipe. I updated it now. I used a pound of fresh collard greens. I haven’t tried it with canned. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Megan — January 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I’m so not into the Super Bowl this year either, but I can always get behind some football food. I’m still trying to decide what to make for next weekend. This dip sounds so good!

ErinsFoodFiles — January 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

YUM! I’ve never seen collards in a dip before.

Jade — October 23, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Hey love this recipe. it is actually my daughters FAVORITE MEAL! but i want to know how do i make this into a freezer meal? should i do anything differently? or just make as directed and put them from oven to freezer?