Roasted Asparagus

It’s almost embarassing to call this a recipe, but I wanted to post about this roasted asparagus because it’s SO easy and delicious. Hubby and I always prepare vegetables with our dinner and asparagus is one of our favs (along with brussels sprouts). 99 times out of 100 when we have asparagus we roast it.

As you all know, Hubby LOVES garlic. So we usually throw some in with the asparagus. But tonight I was making it for just me, so I left the garlic out. Either way it’s delicious and you can throw the asparagus in the oven and forget about it while you prepare the rest of your meal.

One Year Ago: Dairy Free Chocolate Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Cupcakes
Two Years Ago: Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

Print Save

Roasted Asparagus

Yield: 2-4

Ingredients:

1 bundle asparagus - look for fatter stalks
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid a mess.

Prepare asparagus by holding a piece with both hands, one hand on each end. Bend until the asparagus snaps. The bottom part should be discarded. Snap asparagus in half again, or leave stalks long and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus in on the sheet.

Drizzle the olive oil over asparagus. Use your hand to stir it up so all the asparagus gets coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add garlic if using.

Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Serve hot or at room temperature.

7 Responses to “Raw Summer Vegetable “Pasta””

Daisy — September 23, 2010 at 12:25 am

This looks delicious! I love that you guys plowed through it as an afternoon snack!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — September 23, 2010 at 12:30 am

I love using veggies as a healthy substitute for pasta. My favorite is a little more obvious – spaghetti squash!

Also, I got your DM about the photo. I’ve been crazy busy but I’ll email it to everyone tonight!

nutmegnanny — September 23, 2010 at 1:11 am

What a great salad! It’s perfect for saying goodbye to summer 🙂

A Bitchin' Kitchen — September 23, 2010 at 3:09 am

This looks so good! Yummy produce is really the only thing I’ll miss about summer time. I came across your site earlier today while searching for a pumpkin spice cheesecake brownie recipe (which I plan on making tomorrow btw). You have some great recipes and I’ll definitely be returning!

Lisa — September 23, 2010 at 4:50 am

What a great vegetarian dish. With all those gorgeous colors it’s a feast for the eyes as well as for the palate.

Eliana — September 23, 2010 at 3:17 pm

What a gorgeous dish. It looks super delicious too.

The Small Boston Kitchen — September 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

YUM! Great way to (healthily) soak up the last bits of summer flavors! Looks great…