Black bean and butternut squash quesadillas

Hubby and I have been trying to eat healthier. I saw these quesadillas on Lori’s blog and knew that I wanted to try them. We both love butternut squash and these were great. Very filling and delicious.

Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quesadillas – adapted from Lori’s Lipsmacking Goodness

1 med onion chopped – I used a small onion and a 1/2 green pepper
minced chilies, to your liking – I omitted
2 cups butternut squash, cubed and roasted
1 cup cooked black beans
1 clove garlic minced
2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded – I used shredded sheep milk cheese

Saute onions in olive oil till golden. Add garlic and remainder of ingredients, except cheese. Spoon over tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over the filling. Place a tortilla on top. Press. Bake at 375 F.

7 Responses to “Two Potato Chowder”

Jen — February 17, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Oh can’t wait to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

oneordinaryday — February 17, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I like the idea of adding sweet potatoes! It looks very comforting and hearty for a cold winter day.

I’m passing a blog award onto you. Please check out my post. : )

~Michelle

Joanne — February 18, 2010 at 12:50 am

I love that this chowder has sweet potatoes in it! That alone ramps it up to a need-to-try-immediately status.

Catherine — February 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I made it last night! I didn’t have chicken stock, so I used beef stock – still good. The dash of cayenne is great and I loved that it has sweet potatoes! Brought the leftovers for lunch today 🙂 Yummy!

nutmegnanny — February 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I have never had potato soup with sweet potatoes. It looks awesome! The bacon and cheese on top is definitely a necessity 🙂

Nancy — March 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Great chowder. I loved the creaminess of it. I added chopped carrots to it, they were a nice addition. I served it vegetarian style, without the bacon on top, and it was still yummy.n

Kel — March 7, 2010 at 1:14 am

I made this for dinner tonight. The sweet potato is a great addition!