Monkey Bread

Growing up in my household, there were a few recipes that my dad would make with us kids on a regular basis. Monkey Bread was always a Sunday morning favorite. It really helps to have some extra hands around when it comes to all the cutting and coating in sugar that is required. I think this recipe is the single reason why you could always find a 4 pack of Pillsbury biscuits in the fridge growing up.

I made this when Hubby’s siblings were in town and we all enjoyed the sugary sweetness just as much as I remember from my childhood. I later found out that my younger siblings back home made it that day as well since I had to call home to get the recipe.

Since this was the first time I’ve made Monkey Bread without the help of my Dad, I did overcook the syrup a bit. It caramelized more than it should. You really want it to be a gooey sticky mess gooing out of the bread. But even the more caramelized version was delicious.

One year ago – Tomatoes Stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip

Monkey Bread – recipe from my Dad – no idea where it originally comes from
4 cans Pillsbury biscuit (get the kind that come in a 4 pack, the small ones, not the Grands)

Sugar coating:
2/3 brown sugar – I was running low on brown sugar, so I used 1/3 cup white and 1/3 cup brown
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Syrup topping:
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Spray your angel food cake or bundt pan.

Mix the sugar coating in a ziplock bag (feel free to add more cinnamon and/or sugar if you run out during the coating process). Cut the biscuits into 4 (kitchen shears work great for this). Drop the biscuit pieces into the ziplock bag and shake to coat. Drop coated biscuit pieces into the prepared pan.

Bring syrup ingredients to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then pour over biscuit pieces. Bake for 35 minutes.

Turn over onto plate and serve while hot.

Bookmark and Share

12 Responses to “Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars”

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 29, 2013 at 10:31 am

What a great flavor combination! And now I’m officially hungry.

• beantownbaker — May 29th, 2013 @ 11:45 am

Ha – sorry to make you hungry! We all REALLY enjoyed these. I like snickerdoodles enough, but these were just awesome.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 29, 2013 at 11:37 am

These are so genius! I love snickerdoodles but combined with cheesecake, its even better!

• beantownbaker — May 29th, 2013 @ 11:45 am

You should definitely make these, they’re as delicious as they look!

tracy {pale yellow} — May 29, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Love the “random” dollops of cookie on top. They look like mini cookies. Snickerdoodles are the best, I love the way you’ve made them shine in this cheesecake!

• beantownbaker — May 29th, 2013 @ 6:45 pm

Ha, I tried to make them random, but I pretty much failed at it 😉

Sasha (The Procrastobaker) — May 30, 2013 at 3:43 am

I havn’t baked anything sweet for a lonnnggg time now (been living in a campervan and now I have an oven once more been on a bread baking / savoury kick) but Ive been looking for THAT recipe to get me back into sweets. I think this is it! I tried snickerdoodles once and looovvedd them, yours look so so pretty, I cant wait!

• beantownbaker — May 30th, 2013 @ 9:12 am

I think this would be the perfect recipe to get you back into baking sweets!

Nutmeg Nanny — June 3, 2013 at 9:46 pm

This looks wonderful 🙂 I love snickerdoodles alone, so I imagine this cheesecake tastes heavenly!

Shannon — June 6, 2013 at 12:17 pm

oh boy, you may have outdone yourself with this one 🙂 sounds like it was the perfect treat for your sister and her husband!!

Beth — July 14, 2013 at 7:31 am

daughter came over last night and she lovveessss Snicker Doodle so I made this…she took the whole dish home…that is how much she enjoyed it…it tasted just like snickerdoodle ..I love your recipes…keep them coming…

• beantownbaker — July 14th, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

Thanks 🙂 So glad your daughter enjoyed them. My snickerdoodle loving sister sure enjoyed them as well…